JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I might have a half dozen AR's somewhere that range from a CAR-15 clone to tacticool builds.

I'd love to add an FAL into the mix.

A 10mm ALWAYS fits in somewhere. :)
I really like the retro builds for ARs. But I think we're getting too off topic at this point...

I do hope 10mm will stick around by the time I get one. It would be a great sidearm for hiking, and better than .45 ACP if I run into certain pests.

Agreed. We went off topic for a moment. But back on the rails here. The 10mm IMHO makes for a great all around cartridge whether from a SD standpoint or a 4 legged dispatcher from a carbine. Or a handgun. :D

It's nice to see 10 mm becoming more and more popular, being an early fan, it was always hard to find good ammo, and pistol selection sucked, but with an Issued Colt Delta Elite, I was hooked! Bought one from Colt at the factory while on leave, and been carrying a 10 mm ever since! Thankfully, We have more and more choices every day, and it's only going to get better from here on out! Sure makes .40 S&W seem down right puny! Now to get the heavy 200 and 220 gr loads more available in quality factory loads, color me happy!:)

I spent the better part of a year on the prowl for a 1006. Finally found one, and have regretted letting it go too many times to count. :(

So far, the best bullets I have found for SD/light predators is the Remington Golden Saber 180 gr ( which are only available in .40 S&W currently) but they work VERY well in 10 mm at the top of the speed range, Now to get them in a true 10 mm loading and with heavier bullets! Grizzly Bullets makes a 200 and a 220 Gr solid and JHP that do quite well, but the speeds are down, I bought 600 rounds of each bullet and handloaded them over blue dot, and the speeds went up nicely, its a fire breathing dragon, and recoil went up, but it's nice and linear, so it's quite manageable! I would NOT try these in any thing with out a supported barrel!:)

I really like the retro builds for ARs. But I think we're getting too off topic at this point...
I do hope 10mm will stick around by the time I get one. It would be a great sidearm for hiking, and better than .45 ACP if I run into certain pests.
I would carry my 10 a lot more if I had the same holster options as I do for my 45. Still, when in the woods, it's what I am sporting.
It's an EAA Witness compact, and have only found one holster for it.
Agree the recoil can be stout, which is why I practice.

The AR sells more than other rifles because people can't handle recoil.
Skinny Vietnamese women had AKs, journalist cries cause AR (this one is more of an insult to the journalist but give me some credit).
AR is to prepare children to shoot real rifles.

List can go on. I quite like the 5.56 round (and retro ARs, like M16A1 and Xm177 clones), just couldn't resist. :oops:

I do think I'm missing a 10mm in my life. Maybe when I'm done with rifles I need to get a 10mm.
This is where I'm at... I too like Retro ARs and I too want a 10mm. My holy grail of a perfect pair...both wearing the delta red triangle badge...
46ADA602-897E-4D00-AEA3-A193C1459A27-261-00000085F85F8D69_tmp.jpg 542A4721-1B7C-4ED1-8EA5-521F616BFD7C-934-0000019B437E8364_tmp.jpg
Some day:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I'm glad to see more and more offerings in 10mm, that's only good news for us - more ammo, better selection, better prices and more gun options. 10mm SBR AR would be something I'd like to do some day - if not SBR, pistol would be cool.

based on @P7id10T I went to look at EAA website
First why call this a "lady" gun.
Second, why not in 10mm?
You have to go black for 10 ;)

Witness Polymer Compact- Tanfoglio
Not a fan of colorful guns.
My witness is the Compact Stainless in "Wonder Finish", which looks like brushed nickel.
I don't like to worry about guns rusting when I'm getting dumped on out in the coastal range. It happened to me with my last P7.
G999099.jpg

...but I slowly watched the ammo and guns availability grow to what it was today, most all major manufacturers offer a 10mm gun and ammo is widely available and the trend has moved back, kinda, to mostly "full pressure" * loads including hunting loads the way it should be.

*the original 10mm was never meant to be watered down, normal 10mm is "full pressure"

What is full pressure for the 10mm? I see mostly 1250 fps for both 180 gr and 200 gr.

What is full pressure for the 10mm? I see mostly 1250 fps for both 180 gr and 200 gr.
thats pretty much normal right there.

the original 10mm load was a 200g bullet at 1200fps so use that as a benchmark. Low pressure 10mm loadings will list similar to 40S&W with the same bullet...

I love seeing the 10mm hand guns starting to come up. What we're missing is an SA/DA double stack 10mm.

Yeah, I know the EAA is there but the lack of support from EAA makes me cautious about purchasing them. Also name another one. Grand power? Also hard to get ahold of and only available in compact polymer version(in the US afaik). I'm worried a full power 10mm diet will wear one of those out in a minute.

There are already enough 1911s in 10mm.

The only reason

disagree;
there's a variety of reasons unrelated to your assertion;

please cite your source on 'true story' as well;

I've been shooting my 10m revolver for going on 10 years, and a nice 220 Sig now as well; still, the round lacks considerable advantages many of my own geezer-buddies have come to expect in the actual 'magnum' rounds. It is rather cute though.

disagree;
there's a variety of reasons unrelated to your assertion;

please cite your source on 'true story' as well;

I've been shooting my 10m revolver for going on 10 years, and a nice 220 Sig now as well; still, the round lacks considerable advantages many of my own geezer-buddies have come to expect in the actual 'magnum' rounds. It is rather cute though.

Apparently you missed the "tongue-in-cheek" nature of my post. And the Green Smiley Grin at the end.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top