JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...well of course I missed.....just taking the range & I ain't run out of ammo yet....Personally I continue striving to find things ~I~ like about the 10mm. So far I remain more a '41mag' fan despite considerable similarities.

TBH I think the 10mm is a versatile and sometimes underused cartridge. Is it the best? Nah, any argument about a caliber being the best is a fools game. But I do like the 10mm.

More I think about it, I've never fired a .41 magnum, but I sure would like to!

10mm never caught on cuz the US doesn't do the metric system well. If it was called the .40 Norma, .40 Super Automatic, .40 Cooper, .40 Automatic, .40 Remington Auto Pistol etc, the .40 S&W never would've been a thing. But look - .40 - not metric, for a long time EVERYONE was .40 crazy. The .40 was more popular than 9mm, or so it seemed.

Now we are metrofied, metric is becoming more tolerable and calibers like 5.56mm, 9x19mm and 7.62x51 are popular. .223, .35, and .308 just don't have the same fancy NATO ring.

That should ruffle some feathers or at least get some typing fingers limbered up!

:D:D:D

:s0164::s0059::s0140:

A little off subject, but Hi Point has a new 10 MM carbine......

Having owned 2 Hi Point carbines (and sold them), I will say the carbines are a definite step above the pistols. Other than their clumpy looks, the carbines proved to be accurate and reliable. If they would make them double-stack, they'd be a decent investment. That said, a 10mm model could potentially get my attention, if for no other reason but to be an inexpensive fun gun.

Not a fan of colorful guns.
My witness is the Compact Stainless in "Wonder Finish", which looks like brushed nickel.
I don't like to worry about guns rusting when I'm getting dumped on out in the coastal range. It happened to me with my last P7.
View attachment 424911
I have the same in 9mm. There was some rumors going around about cracked frames with 10mm and 45 back when they first came out. Hope they fixed it because I would love to have one in 10mm as a carry piece.

I have the same in 9mm. There was some rumors going around about cracked frames with 10mm and 45 back when they first came out. Hope they fixed it because I would love to have one in 10mm as a carry piece.
I'm the 2nd owner of mine. No idea how many already down the prior owner put down the pipe, I'm over 200 at this point.
The gun has functioned flawlessly.
Maybe after five or more thousand I'll be able to comment on the longevity of it....

I'm the 2nd owner of mine. No idea how many already down the prior owner put down the pipe, I'm over 200 at this point.
The gun has functioned flawlessly.
Maybe after five or more thousand I'll be able to comment on the longevity of it....
I also saw that the people with any problems got them factory fixed in a short amount of time - no questions asked. EAA paid freight both ways. I understand that they went back to a less rounded slide and that solved the problem. Added a little weight but strengthened the pistol. Not a problem with the 9mm. Keep on shooting!

speaking of 10mm I've been searching for a load I can actually shoot a decent group....along the way I've tried multiple recipes of powders/charges/bullets and think I've found a combination.

This case has been reloaded somewhere in the 4-8x range. It's the only one I've lost due to cracking.
IMG_3475.JPG IMG_3483.JPG

speaking of 10mm I've been searching for a load I can actually shoot a decent group....along the way I've tried multiple recipes of powders/charges/bullets and think I've found a combination.

This case has been reloaded somewhere in the 4-8x range. It's the only one I've lost due to cracking.
View attachment 427453 View attachment 427454

Yeah I load 10mm, that's why I can afford to feed a family of 8, soon 9, those costly bullets.

I load 180gr on top of LS and recently had a similar case split as you show, except not quite as long of a split. The side of the case had a nasty line in it that ended up being a crack.

I was at about 5 or 6 loads on that brass, and it was PPU. I think ppu is known for thin sidewalls.

I picked up 500 pieces of starline brass and will track some test pieces at 10x+ firings to see if I still get splitting.

Last Edited:
I have been reloading 10 mm for a while now, settled on 13.4 Gr Blue Dot under any thing 180 to 200 gr bullets with no pressure issues, and so far no split brass. Mainly Starline brass for new, and Fed brass for used I got off a buddy who doesn't reload! So far no issues with any brass I have used, most is @ the 6 to 8 cycle and still measures in specs!

Perhaps the factor 'most' of the reloads were cycled thru only one gluten free but hungry auto-mouth, exclusively, and rarely one vegan 610 revolver....

Looking at the photo again, I'm not really sure where that split started.

If you're crimping hard tho, I'd consider dedicating some brass to the auto and another lot to the revolver. See which one gets another split using fresh cases?

Just a thought

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads