JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just saw this pop up from Military Arms Channel:

Policies on content featuring firearms - YouTube Help

I can't believe this. I just got an email for my YouTube rep and he forwarded me this link, In 30 days these new rules will be enforced. Non-compliance means banishment from YouTube.

Read this everyone, this is simply unreal. Things like showing a magazine larger than 30 rounds is cause for banishment. Showing a belt fed firearm is cause for banishment. Presumably using a machine gun is cause for banishment, although not quite clear. Showing ammo being reloaded is cause for banishment. Showing a silencer being installed on a gun is cause for banishment.

The list goes on.

My time, and most gun channels time, on YouTube is limited. They are seriously trying to run us off. Please bookmark full30.com. That may be our only place to post in the not too distant future.

I'm in total disbelief right now...

They cant be serious. They define a magazine that carries more than thirty rounds as an accessory that allows a firearm to simulate automatic fire? Wha? :s0076:

Also, is youtube really prepared to pull every video that features instructions on how to "install a high capacity magazine"?

That this is still "news" to so much of the shooting world is a large part of what we are up against. This was bought by Google a while back. Since then it's become very much anti free speech (unless you are liberal) and anti gun. Seems ever few months more shooters find this out for the first time. All we can really hope for is someone to come up with some kind of competition to them. As big as Google is that will be hard to do. Makes it even harder since so much of the public pays scant if any attention to this.

They cant be serious. They define a magazine that carries more than thirty rounds as an accessory that allows a firearm to simulate automatic fire? Wha? :s0076:

Also, is youtube really prepared to pull every video that features instructions on how to "install a high capacity magazine"?
No kidding, yet they all (Fred Meyer etc. with their periodicals ban, etc.) make serious bank with video games, very often via live-streaming, depicting absolute mayhem with every weapon that can even be conceived of by man.
scumbags

No kidding, yet they all (Fred Meyer etc. with their periodicals ban, etc.) make serious bank with video games, very often via live-streaming, depicting absolute mayhem with every weapon that can even be conceived of by man.
scumbags

You bring up a good point. Games these day's have very detailed depictions of firearms. Will they choose to censor those as well? Probably not, too much money to be made through live-streaming etc.

I shouldn't be so surprised to see them turn the heat up like this. They've been going after folks like MAC, Neverenuffammo, Yankee Marshal and Gwebs for years now.

They aren't going to stop you showing these things (other than reloading) unless you sell these directly or link to sites that do. It still sucks but it is not as bad as the OP states.

The reloading bit is critical though. That is a legitimate legal hobby and I would guess that fewer people have been killed with hand made reloads than people killed in climbing accidents in Yosemite.

They aren't going to stop you showing these things (other than reloading) unless you sell these directly or link to sites that do. It still sucks but it is not as bad as the OP states.

The reloading bit is critical though. That is a legitimate legal hobby and I would guess that fewer people have been killed with hand made reloads than people killed in climbing accidents in Yosemite.

What YouTube (Google) is doing is not "banning" these. They are taking away their ability to make money off them with advertising. The fact that this too is still coming as a surprise to the gun community is another example of why we are in the bad shape we are in. People just ignore what's happening around them until it's too late.

Alexx is exactly correct . . .
I don't think gun folks can plead ignorance any longer! It's plain stupidity laced with the poison of laziness.
I wonder if most shooters really care about the 2nd Amendment.
The proof . . . many gun owners still vote for democrats!!!

Sheldon

Youtube stopped recommending my regular channels months ago already. Google no longer pulls up search results for conservative websites unless you know them by name. This is censorship. This is the face of evil.

Lol gaming channels are about to be destroyed. youtube is going to get a massive slap in the face from ita viewers and users.
Wait whats gunna happen to forgotten weapons:confused:

Yeah, all the game channels that feature any game with guns - beside maybe Red Dead Redemption - have automatic weapons, mags over 30 rounds, beltfed weapons, laser weapons, etc. Every game from Fallout to Grand Theft Auto, Battlefield. CoD... oh the purge is going to be amazing IF Google has the balls to pull ALL content featuring guns. The backlash would be epic. But you know they're going to give gamers a pass.

Yeah, all the game channels that feature any game with guns - beside maybe Red Dead Redemption - have automatic weapons, mags over 30 rounds, beltfed weapons, laser weapons, etc. Every game from Fallout to Grand Theft Auto, Battlefield. CoD... oh the purge is going to be amazing IF Google has the balls to pull ALL content featuring guns. The backlash would be epic. But you know they're going to give gamers a pass.
The last time they did something like this game channels all across youtube got hit, this might actually be a policy "pro gunners" have support with crowds who dont sway strongly either way have allies with. Alot of these videos are purely educational. Alot of youtubes users have been upset with googles leadership for a while this is going to add some interesting fuel to the fire

Lmao youtubes biggest star pewdiepie used to make call of duty gaming videos, if they purge half of their biggestchannels thats aalot of money the platform will loose

As long as they have Jake Paul doing retarded, "edgy" Bro crap and getting clicks from 13 year old emo turds, they'll keep pulling this crap.
Thats true, but at the same time 13 year olds who play video games probably watch videos of the guns they use in games too. When BF1 dropped quite a few kids showed up on forgotten weapons. For some reason fps russia comes to mind. The videos he made werent really educational he was just blowing crap up with cool and popular guns a lot of his audience and views was probably pretty young

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews