JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have to have 1000 subscribers and people actually have to watch the ads on your site. My wife has over 75 videos on YT and in 3 months now her account is up to $1.60 they do not pay anything until you make over $100

Its a Cross Stitch channel and besides the subscribers she has thousands of people watching her videos. I think you might be very surprised at how little is being made off YT by anyone but the ones with 100's of thousands of subscribers.

I would like a list of demonetized channels so I could exclusively watch those. The fact is, YT has to pay for the bandwidth those channels use, the electricity required to make it all work, the hardware to serve it all up, the roof to keep the hardware dry, and the people to maintain the system. When YT does not display an ad on a stream, that stream is a financial drain on YT and nothing else. Petty? Yep. ;-)

View attachment 587995

Never thought of that. Will have to have some playing all the time at work :)

I would like a list of demonetized channels so I could exclusively watch those. The fact is, YT has to pay for the bandwidth those channels use, the electricity required to make it all work, the hardware to serve it all up, the roof to keep the hardware dry, and the people to maintain the system. When YT does not display an ad on a stream, that stream is a financial drain on YT and nothing else. Petty? Yep. ;-)

View attachment 587995
When YT demonetizes a channel, the ads still play but the channel just doesn't get paid. I don't see how YT loses.

When YT demonetizes a channel, the ads still play but the channel just doesn't get paid. I don't see how YT loses.

I watch a lot of demonetized channels and I don't see any ads (unless the content creator him or herself is pitching something and that pitch is part of the video -- ASP does this for example). The core reason YT started that practice was so that advertisers' ads would not appear in content the advertiser might object to. Playing an ad on objectionable content was the problem YT was looking at -- not paying the content maker was merely a side effect: The Yellow $: a comprehensive history of demonetization and YouTube's war with creators

On Aug. 17, a post on the Creator blog [official YT announcement] introduced an emblem for demonetization. "Over the next few weeks, we plan to roll out new icons that will give you a more detailed understanding of how each and every video on your channel (or channels) is monetizing as well as the ability to appeal if you think a video is misclassified," a blog post reads. "We want our systems to get better and better — and every appeal helps." Soon, dollar sign icons appeared in creators' video manager. If the sign was green, the video received ads. If the sign was yellow, it didn't.

Demonetizing or Demonizing?

The impetus for all on this is the Legacy MSM is hemorrhaging viewers (and dying off) because everyone is sick of their canned, one-sided, propaganda filled bilge.... and they can't compete with independent content creators, so they're engaging in "mass flagging" of YT channels that irk them the most (and then of course the algorithms YT uses casts a wide net and EVERYONE is nuked), in order to quell the competition.

Anyone ever notice the "recommended for you" videos on YT are all mostly MSM channels now? I refuse to watch any of them, even FOX (for the most part)... I drill down and search the videos from my subscribed channels.

Believe it or not, the vast majority of people get their news from the internet, not cable TV. I don't watch cable TV (don't even have it), and the big cable networks are attempting to go "scorched earth" on the competition (the little guy).

I watch a lot of demonetized channels and I don't see any ads

I go down the YT rabbit hole. Start by viewing, how to change a light bulb, then end up on space monkeys. That said, as far as ads on demonetized channels I've seen them but their practices could have changed. I rarely watch the ads and skip passed.

YT and Google's canned responses don't hold water. I've seen outrageous content by large and small channels, which I am ok with under free speech. Just keep it balanced.

Louder With Crowder is HILARIOUS... ;)

He is. Couple or 3 years ago I stumbled onto him on his weekly podcast. He had just joined Levins CRTV then. So took the free week just to watch him. Liked him enough that I let them start charging me the 100 a year or so it runs. Now it's all rolled into Becks deal for the same price. Crowder is still mostly all I watch on there but there is a lot of stuff there to choose from if I get free time at work with nothing else to do.
As for the "free speech" thing and Youtube, many seem to still be under the miss-impression this has anything to do with places like Youtube. The right to free speech gives no right to be heard. Youtube or Facebook do not have to be "fair". They sling the "we are trying to be fair" line only to try to keep some of the conservative people who use them from dropping them. They do not want to hear what conservatives have to say, or want them to be able to have others hear it. They do want our money. It's why I hope they keep hosing the conservatives. If they piss off enough of them someone will come up with a platform to compete with Youtube. It's all about money. If there is a market, someone will fill it.

I go down the YT rabbit hole. Start by viewing, how to change a light bulb, then end up on space monkeys. That said, as far as ads on demonetized channels I've seen them but their practices could have changed. I rarely watch the ads and skip passed.

YT and Google's canned responses don't hold water. I've seen outrageous content by large and small channels, which I am ok with under free speech. Just keep it balanced.

While I don't watch it often Youtube has been a godsend for a few things. When something needs fixing and not sure how there seems to be a video for everything you can think of. Some times after I find what I wanted I do find myself watching other stuff they tease that looks interesting. Sure it's probably in one of the many "how too" books but damn, Youtube makes it so easy.

Would you care to share your links? :)

There were/are a few of them out there in GUN and pro gun issues. Vimeo and some other companies online. Some of the names escape me now but ONE GUN VIDEO LINK did not impress me. I am trying to think of the name now or I will do a search for it later one.

I know that You Tube has been doing this for a LONG time but OMG - you can't believe what has been deleted in ALL types of political talk, history shows, news reels, debates, forums, conservative, small l and Large L Libertarian talk, religious discussions from all sides and denominations, etc.

More, more and more - it is like how they DELETED SO MUCH OF THE OBL LINKS and PNAC 'STUFF' aka PNAC information when OBL was our friend/freedom fighter, bla and bla in the past and then the poop hit the fan.

Cate
Added more and typo.

Last Edited:
There were/are a few of them out there in GUN and pro gun issues. Vimeo and some other companies online. Some of the names escape me now but ONE GUN VIDEO LINK did not impress me. I am trying to think of the name now or I will do a search for it later one.

I know that You Tube has been doing this for a LONG time but OMG - you can't believe what has been deleted in ALL types of political talk, history shows, news reels, debates, forums, conservative, small l and Large L Libertarian talk, religious discussions from all sides and denominations, etc.

More, more and more - it is like how they DELETED SO MUCH OF THE OBL LINKS and PNAC 'STUFF' aka PNAC information when OBL was our friend/freedom fighter, bla and bla in the past and then the poop hit the fan.

Cate

ADDED more:

The other search engines that have been discussed here and elsewhere on the WWWeb have far LESS or more restricted results.

So even though Google has done this (LIMITS results or you can't find squat due to IT or WHATEVER being scrubbed off of the internet.) --- the Duck one, Startpage but it is linked to Google too, Yahoo, etc. have even LESS results in some searches.

I have seen a LOT of content removed or censored or banned when it came to MAJOR GUN SHOOTING STORIES FROM NEWS EVENTS. THE VIDEOS WERE FROM OVERSEAS AND STATESIDE WITH GOOD REPORTING/DISCUSSIONS WITH SOME NEWS FOOTAGE.

I AM NOT ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE NZ MURDERS. I MEAN MAJOR STUFF THAT WAS ONLINE - FOOTAGE AND DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE LV MURDERS AND SO MANY OTHER STORIES THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH GUNS!

BUT SINCE IT DID NOT FIT THE PC OR FAR LEFT SIDE OF THINGS - POOF - IT WAS GONE AND I AM NOT BS-ING YOU.

So many of those discussions and interviews (Film too!) were LOST IN SPACE aka DESTROYED BY THE FAR LEFT AND IN SOME CASES BY THE FAR RIGHT and some were backed up and moved to Vimeo and other links online.

Heck, they BAN conservative and libertarian and other interesting people at so called 'universities' and even SOME FREAKING NEWSPAPERS ONLINE have not allowed replies to news stories in so many towns/states.

So the so called freedom lovers might not be so FREE since they determine what is allowed or censored since it might HURT their delicate feelings or they might LEARN SOME FACTS in GUNS and in many other issues!

IT reminds me of the censorship on LOCAL and NATIONWIDE TALK RADIO where the host or guest refuses to answer a DIRECT SIMPLE QUESTION OR IT IS NOT ALLOWED AT ALL NO MATTER WHAT SIDE IT IS COMING FROM SINCE IT DOES NOT FIT THEIR AGENDA OR THEIR LATEST 'god'.

Cate
Typos

Last Edited:
I don't like the idea of erasing history. Whether statues, books, images or what ever. A generation or two later, history is what who ever is in control says it is. Any opposition is conspiracies.

There will be life after Google/YT, just like TV and Yahoo or My Space. Maybe the CIA can just come out with their own platform so we can just get down to business and lose the commercials.

Perhaps one way to make a mark is, when a favorite channel is demonetized, send an email to those who have adds showing up and let them know we will not patronize their company because of what YT is doing.

If YT says it is 'not advertiser friendly', then why are they running adds? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, as a private company, none of these tech giants have the legal obligation to be unbiased or respect your contitutional rights beyond whatever state and federal anti-discrimination laws specifically require.

It's a weakness of our constitution that it did not predict the pervasive quasi-governmental role private industry has assumed in our modern world. Perhaps we should treat these large social media conglomerates (and banks too) as utilities, which forces them to sacrifice some of their autonomy as private companies due to the reliance the public has on them and the public good of closer government regulation.

Unfortunately, as a private company, none of these tech giants have the legal obligation to be unbiased or respect your contitutional rights beyond whatever state and federal anti-discrimination laws specifically require.

It's a weakness of our constitution that it did not predict the pervasive quasi-governmental role private industry has assumed in our modern world. Perhaps we should treat these large social media conglomerates (and banks too) as utilities, which forces them to sacrifice some of their autonomy as private companies due to the reliance the public has on them and the public good of closer government regulation.

These tech giants are all in on being regulated. Since it would mean it would be all but impossible for anyone to come up with competition to them.
Only way real change will come is free market. These guys run off a lot of business, someone will come up with a way to get the business they don't want.

These tech giants are all in on being regulated. Since it would mean it would be all but impossible for anyone to come up with competition to them.
Only way real change will come is free market. These guys run off a lot of business, someone will come up with a way to get the business they don't want.

I'm not sure how not permitting YouTube to curate content based on political belief could stifle competition in any way. Regulations that compel action can stifle competition through increased costs, regulations that forbid action cannot, as they don't drive any increased costs.

Here's an easy fix: the Communications Decency Act immunizes websites from responsibility for their content on the grounds that they are not the publisher, simply the host, and they cannot police everything posted there. A simple amendment to the law that says that once you start to screen content on anything other than the basis of legality, you are now considered the publisher would probably be sufficient to stop websites from discriminatory behavior.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top