JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So many laws and yet no evidence to indicate they will have a meaningful effect on reducing crime/violence.

It's a pattern of thought that seems indicative of the American Political System mental illness. Believing something will happen just because you want it to and have passed a law.

It's their usual "Death by a thousand cuts" strategy. They craft legislation that narrowly defines a group that is barred from exercising their God given right to keep and bear arms. Once they have it in place they gradually expand the number of groups the legislation applies to. Underhanded? Yes. Disingenuous? Yes. Unexpected? Not in the least.

Last Edited:
All these laws to end gun violence (run of the mill violence is ok) yet people are still getting shot. No word yet on where the Colorado teens from the latest school shooting, I read one was a girl, got their pistols.

They want to control and punish the good guy. Crooks still get guns....where? How about one of the 98 stolen from a Gorst gun store? But that's the good guy's fault huh? Dump all this feel good crap in finding the stolen guns and stop effin with us!

Seattle is dying but he signed some more BS gun laws that criminals could care less about.

Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Time to invest in a diamond engraver.:rolleyes:. They want numbers to build your own? I'll give them numbers.

How is the law written? Cuz the law they are proposing in OR would make it need to be factory applied and recorded numbers so the firearm can be traced to the original buyer.

I'm wondering if this will mean that sales of 80% rcvrs will fall off as makers will not want th extra tooling and recordkeeping hassle.

Please explain to me who are the terrible conservatives in Washington state who are trying at every opportunity to limit the freedoms of Washingtonians.

Otherwise it doesn't seem to represent the American political system, but a sub part of it.

Last Edited:
So, the F.B.I. has stats on how many Bump stocks have ever been used in a crime, how many so called ghost guns, how many Full auto, how many silencers, how many semi auto shotguns, rifles, and pistols, and yet these arseholes in the state capitals go ahead and legislate our god given rights away, all because it will reduce gun crime! Yea, right! The soap box didnt work, the ballot box isnt working, guess its time for the cartridge box!

Time to invest in a diamond engraver.:rolleyes:. They want numbers to build your own? I'll give them numbers.

Unfortunately that won't mean anything because the way the law is written, only serial numbers from Federally licensed manufacturers count, so unless you're a Ruger, doesn't matter.

That said, it is legal to build detectable guns without a serial number if you do not intend to sell them. That intent is the key part of the definition and if you don't intend to sell, such guns do not meet the definition of untraceable.

EDIT: see post below, intent does not impact the definition of untraceable, it does however impact whether the act is a crime.

Last Edited:
That said, it is legal to build detectable guns without a serial number if you do not intend to sell them. That intent is the key part of the definition and if you don't intend to sell, such guns do not meet the definition of untraceable.

That has always been the case federally. It has always been a no no to sell home built stuff. But now on a State level that will stop even if you never sell. You simply can not legally build your own ever after July 1st.

In my experience someone who commits a violent act ...isn't really worried about whether or not their firearm has a serial number or made with plastic parts the "might be invisible to airport scanners"
( never mind that the barrel and other critical parts of the gun need to made of metal in order for the gun to fire...:rolleyes: , but I digress )

As for "extreme risk protection orders"..these seem to be a good idea on paper...
but ,with the way many are vaguely written as well as , being open to a fast and loose interpretation ..makes them easy to abuse .

A violent person will be violent whether they have access to firearms or not...
Maybe the focus should be on those who have committed violence and crimes rather than those of us who have not.

It seems to me that making yet another gun law , to "solve" a problem , just like all the other gun laws that were made to "solve" a problem....is useless...since all the other "solutions" of the same type , ain't working.
Andy

That has always been the case federally. It has always been a no no to sell home built stuff. But now on a State level that will stop even if you never sell. You simply can not legally build your own ever after July 1st.

We are both correct, I messed up in the part where I implied intent was important with respect to the the definition but I believe I am correct on the fact you can still make them if you don't intend to sell them. Here is the definition of "untracebale"

"Untraceable firearm" means any firearm manufactured after July 1, 2019, that is not an antique firearm and that cannot be traced by law enforcement by means of a serial number affixed to the firearm by a federally licensed manufacturer or importer.

And here is the prohibition:
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to:
(d) Manufacture an untraceable firearm with the intent to sell the untraceable firearm.

Anyway, I should correct the posts that said intent is related to the definition. It isn't. But it is still legal to make your own detectable untraceable firearms.

How does one document that a firearm was "manufactured" before July 1, 2019, therefore verifying it is not an "Untraceable" Firearm per the RCW? Timestamped photos on June 30?

What do you think Palmetto State Armory, Bear Creek Arsenal, 80% Lowers, etc. will do to comply with the new law on Untraceable Firearms? If you read the standard press releases and not the text of the law, you would think that there is an outright ban on possession of an 80% lower or a build kit.

Asking for a friend.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads