JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your Main Battle Rifle

• Total voters
I didn't see an option for all of the above...

My three "standard" rifles are an AK (one of many), an AR (also one of many) and an M1 Garand (which I can hit just about anything with).

If I had to choose ONLY one... my Galil in .308

FinishedGalil-1a.jpg
FinishedGalil-3a.jpg

2nd runner-up... my M4-gery...

100_1191.jpg

Just got my FAL, but I don't plan on going anywhere in a collapse, it's too late to purchase land in the desert so I see it as a stand right here, doing what I've always done, Trusting in the Lord.

My business is here, my guns and ammo reloading capabilities, my church is close and is filled with gun owners and people we love. I have to fight the temptation to run somewhere.

The FAL is an afterthought, after reading FerFAL's blog I'm thinking the best position is blend in, concealed carry 1911, and try to earn a living helping people with my business. The FAL is for the moments when I have to appear armed.

My wife will have to learn effective armed response in a hurry, she hasn't shown any interest, but there won't be any luxurious position for someone who can't watch my back. She can operate the Mini-14, and I'm not sure what pistol yet. She'll cowboy up fast I'm sure.

Call me old school if you want, but for me it's the Winchester Mod. 94. It'll take out as many bad guys within a reasonable range as any spray and pray rifle. Of course, I do have an 870 for close range, which is far more likely than actually needing a long range weapon.

FN-FAL. Mine has a quad rail forearm because I've got big hands and like the extra weight up front and a S.U.I.T. with new tritium. The Falcon trigger reduction spring kit is fantastic. Really makes a difference. Ammo and mags, what else do I need?

John

All I Need is my M4, Nothing Special Iron Sights with a quad rail system with foregrip and Surefire Scout light and Sling, i have over 2500 Rounds of 5.56 Ball Rounds and 1500 Green Tips.
Why Because Im dead on accurate with iron sights up to 300 hundread yards.
And when SHTF i dont care what the ATF saids the Silencer is going on.

And anyways i always carry my glock 23 with me so i be set.
1 pistol and 1 rifle thats all i need

I'd probably grab my AR first, but I also have another option. There is no Mini-14 option on the poll, and despite what some folks think, a Mini-14 is a very reliable option. Tack driver? No, but in combat you aren't likely to need MOA accuracy, just Minute Of Torso.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top