JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hiking is rather enjoyable. A good book on different places is great.

My go to is a website.

I try todo a new hike each year. There is one hike I do every year at least once or twice as well. The kid has made it more difficult, but I'm hoping this year is better.

As for carry piece? I usually just have a 22lr on me if that.

You guys must be hiking in some sketchy neighborhoods!

Don't kid yourself, the hills have eyes... sometimes they're really close set... sometimes there's even a set of three amongst them. :eek:

Bears, cougars, wolves... Oh my!!!

Then there's the odd grow operation, the mushroomers that get crazy about people getting into "their" patch, and the just plain evil phucks that wanna do a "Deliverance" on your azz just because you are out there alone and they can. Anybody ever figure out what happened to that couple that got killed at the shooting range? Yah, I didn't think so...

Me before, enjoying nature, and after (induced paranoia) reading a NWFA hiking thread.

1577471713504.jpeg

1577471773504.jpeg

Bears, cougars, wolves... Oh my!!!

Then there's the odd grow operation, the mushroomers that get crazy about people getting into "their" patch, and the just plain evil phucks that wanna do a "Deliverance" on your azz just because you are out there alone and they can. Anybody ever figure out what happened to that couple that got killed at the shooting range? Yah, I didn't think so...

True that. And the meth situation down this way is absolutely insane. In recent memory, I'm aware of at least two normal/non-drug mutant guys who went hiking or scouting for a hunting trip just south of us who disappeared in the woods. One they later found dead and, IIRC, it was the narcotics cretins that got him.

Me before, enjoying nature, and after (induced paranoia) reading a NWFA hiking thread.

View attachment 644621

View attachment 644622

LOL!

Well, I do like wildflowers. And large caliber handguns. Why not: together at last!

View attachment 644621

View attachment 644622
To be completely honest I wouldn't get paranoid and I'm sure you're not either. We go camping a lot and besides those trailers that one time we've only ran into one bear who stared at us for a second then turned and walked away. The woods are a pretty quiet and uneventful place in my experience. BUT, carrying a pistol is easy and better safe than sorry!

:rolleyes:

My sense of sarcasm isn't for everyone!

Carry what you please in the woods, in your house, while naked, I don't care.

I don't understand why anyone that normally carries EDC would choose not to carry in the woods. Do they see it as all rainbows and unicorns out there?

No reason to get excited, said the joker to the thief. It's not as dangerous as Los Angeles/Compton, but it's not Disney World either. There are indeed risks... just like walking the streets. You probably won't ever need a firearm, but if you do and don't have it, then...

Hiking is rather enjoyable. A good book on different places is great.

My go to is a website.

I try todo a new hike each year. There is one hike I do every year at least once or twice as well. The kid has made it more difficult, but I'm hoping this year is better.

The bad guys in my neighborhood are pretty upper crusty and will hold real still for you so you can pop them in the grape with a .22 short so that's all I carry.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top