JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As we keep sending more and more stuff into space wonder how long it will be before something finally does hit someone? Suspect this guy could sell the thing for more than enough to cover damage. First time something actually kills someone though it should keep a pack of lawyers busy for decades.

As we keep sending more and more stuff into space wonder how long it will be before something finally does hit someone? Suspect this guy could sell the thing for more than enough to cover damage. First time something actually kills someone though it should keep a pack of lawyers busy for decades.
Stuff has hit people, but it's mostly been stuff that never actually made it to orbit. There are a lot of us, but we don't cover a lot of square footage. Sort of the Big Sky deal, but on land.

Wonder if their homeowner's insurance covers "piece of a space station impacting house".
Most standard policies have falling object coverage. Which includes tree branches. In some locations, there are clauses that exclude hail damage. It would be difficult for an insurance company to deny that space junk constitutes falling objects.

We had another thread going here a while back re. space junk. One of the topics mentioned was shade on the planet caused by the millions of objects that are cluttering up space above the earth. At the time, some here thought it was a negligible concern. Since then, I've read that some scientists are truly concerned about that very threat. Not tomorrow, but eventually. There is a lot of stuff up there. I suppose it's only reasonable to assume that there will be more and more falling space debris over time.

We had another thread going here a while back re. space junk. One of the topics mentioned was shade on the planet caused by the millions of objects that are cluttering up space above the earth. At the time, some here thought it was a negligible concern. Since then, I've read that some scientists are truly concerned about that very threat. Not tomorrow, but eventually. There is a lot of stuff up there. I suppose it's only reasonable to assume that there will be more and more falling space debris over time.
What do the climate change enthusiasts think of that?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top