JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I somehow lost my Gerber Crucial. I was putting new insulation in the attic and running a few wires under the house. It is likely somewhere under insulation which means it is not being found anytime soon with what a pain my attic is to get around.

I loved the Crucial but have had a few I liked. I do not like big bulky ones but need the pliers, screw drivers, and a good knife at bare minimum. A good little saw blade is great for drywall as well.

So what is your favorite? I hate to run out and buy the same one when it has been years and I know some of you must have some pretty cool ones. What are they? Reviews are great but I never know unless people that really use them every day have something good to say about them.

Leatherman Skeletool from TxToolCrafdters:

Leatherman%201.jpg

gerber freehand. simple and biggest multi tool gerber made. i actually bought 2 of them from a member here. i literally use it everyday and makes my job easier.

All-metal, old-school Leatherman. The one and only Gerber I owned broke right out of the gate, and pinched the bejeezus out of my hand in the process.

WAYNO.

Leathernan Wave.

Owned it for well over a decade.

Head office is off airport way by 205 and they service them for life - although I've never had it fail on me, but do know of someone who did use the service.

Leathernan Wave.

Owned it for well over a decade.

Head office is off airport way by 205 and they service them for life - although I've never had it fail on me, but do know of someone who did use the service.

I had an earlier skeletool fail to hold the driver bits. I took it to the leatherman store in Cascade Station and the Girl behind the counter looked at it, said, "yep its defective", tossed it in a box and handed me a brand new one. That was it. They've got a customer for life.

The one and only Gerber I owned broke right out of the gate, and pinched the bejeezus out of my hand in the process.

WAYNO.

Funny, same thing happened with my Gerber. I rented a car in Hawaii a few years ago and it seemed the trunk would not shut properly. Investigating the problem I could see the latch was tweaked a bit. I dug into my pack for my brand new Gerber (a gift from wife for this particular trip to Hawaii) and used the pliers to try bend the truck latch in order to get it to close... SNAP!! The jaw broke right off the Gerber. It looked like cheap pot-metal to me. I never even bothered to send it back to Gerber, I just tossed it on the garbage where it belonged :)

I've got several Leatherman tools, including one that's over 20 years old. Great tools, and my favorite brand (I've owned several brands). My current EDC is the Juice S2 it's fairly compact and not too heavy to sit in my pocket all day. It has everything you mention except for the saw blade - which is available in the larger Juice XE6 model. For what I need on a day to day basis, this works very well. The blade isn't the best, but I also carry a separate knife with me, so no biggie.

XE6 adds a saw blade, cork screw, file and serrated knife in addition to the regular blade.

I like the size and the contour, it fits my hands well.

leatherman-juice-s2-831928-large.jpg

Leatherman Skeletool! Just bought one abt two weeks ago. It's exactly what I need for EDC! Pliar and cutter, razor sharp knife and sm and lrg blade and Philips screwdrivers. Comes with a strong pocket clip so no pouches, I carry enough pouches with magazines so don't need another one.
I have used Gerber multi's since their inception but the Leatherman is twice as well made for fit and finish!

BTW: For Gawd's sake! Buy a drywall saw!

Last Edited:
My favorite was a Shlage. Or something like that, until I broke the Phillips head driver, then, not so much. Next one I want is a Stomper. I hear good things about that multi-tool.... Key word, TOOL....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top