JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have some Gerber, but really Leatherman is better, I have a SuperTool for 20 + years and a wave in two vehicles (Gerber in the third) I use the pliers mostly and the file for some reason gets a little use too. Blades and drivers a lot less.

Am I the Only one who likes, and uses SOG multi-tools?

I have owned five .... Still own two, they seem to grow feet...

My current is Black Nitride coated and is like the EOD variation, but has an Awl, instead of the probe for making blasting cap holes in C-4... I do not get to do that as much as I would Like too ( !!!! ) it has a propriatory 1/4" tool set with it, for 1/4" hex head stuff, or Sockets.....

I love the compound gear action to multiply the power to the pliars...

My other one is a micro version, with a longer than average pair of Scissors... Which get a lot of use stripping wires, etc.

My Favorite New tool, is the Letherman E-4 (???) its pliars are configured to strip insulation from wires from 12 to 22 gauge, and I have one in every tool box I own (5 of them !!!!).

I do a Lot of electrical wiring, and its the only tool I need, nice flat screw driver, and the "flat phillips" plus scissors... I don't care for the Blades shape, but that is a minor issue. Two ounces of must Have!!!!

philip :s0133:

I discovered an inexpensive backup multi-tool during a recent trip to Chicago. I wanted something I could have shipped ahead since I was flying and wouldn't be checking my bag. I found a Stanley on Amazon for $12.10, free Prime shipping (along with a couple of small pocket knives I ordered). It was waiting for me when I got to Chicago.

I have to say, I've had other, multi-tools that cost more than this that were lower in quality. It actually feels pretty good in the hand - good leverage. The knife and saw blades are plenty sharp. The fit and finish is good - not Leatherman quality, by any means, but not bottom barrel either. For $12 to your house, it's a darn nice deal. Now that I'm done with Chicago, it will get tossed into a bug-out bag or something to that effect. May even buy a couple more to have on hand. Certainly wouldn't be too worried at this price if they were lost, broken or stolen.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LUMZHO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

51xQK4zZ8KL._SL1000_.jpg

41wRzBTHlKL.jpg

I have two leatherman surge multi tools. Great pieces and the replaceable wire cutters and interchangeable saw blades (standard t-shank) are great. And while they are a full sized multi tool they make up for it in versatility. Message_1438898856458.jpg Message_1438901910415.jpg I call these babies the harlequin twins. I decided to break them down and swap all the parts. One lives in my car, the other in my backpack.

Am I the Only one who likes, and uses SOG multi-tools?

I have owned five .... Still own two, they seem to grow feet...

My current is Black Nitride coated and is like the EOD variation, but has an Awl, instead of the probe for making blasting cap holes in C-4... I do not get to do that as much as I would Like too ( !!!! ) it has a propriatory 1/4" tool set with it, for 1/4" hex head stuff, or Sockets.....

I love the compound gear action to multiply the power to the pliars...

My other one is a micro version, with a longer than average pair of Scissors... Which get a lot of use stripping wires, etc.

My Favorite New tool, is the Letherman E-4 (???) its pliars are configured to strip insulation from wires from 12 to 22 gauge, and I have one in every tool box I own (5 of them !!!!).

I do a Lot of electrical wiring, and its the only tool I need, nice flat screw driver, and the "flat phillips" plus scissors... I don't care for the Blades shape, but that is a minor issue. Two ounces of must Have!!!!

philip :s0133:

As much as I would really like to like SOG, I have yet to find anything they make to be cheaper or superior to almost anythin else.

It's like they came up with a catchy company name and rely on that to sell thier gear.

No offense, that's just been my opinion of them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top