JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the Leatherman rebar fits what you are looking for has locking blades, saw... I love mine. For a lighter but still quite stout tool I also recommended the leatherman sidekick, nice pocket clip carry!

Holy crap I cut my cable line on accident and could not figure out why my internet went out yesterday....Like I said too much time in crawl spaces.
That is a lot of Leatherman lovers in here. A lot more responses than I thought as well. I guess I am going with a Leatherman for the first time in a while. I have loved my Gerber Crucial and am a bit surprised to hear people have had them snap. I do maintenance half of my life at work and have never had an issue with the Gerber. Either way all the Leatherman votes go to show the damn things may be an old brand but it has stayed around for a while. I also love anyplace that is close by like Kershaw is to me and repairs/sharpens just when you drop by.
I need a drywall saw because I am constantly cutting small holes for wires and such at work and some places I do not want to get out of a crawl space and go get the better tools as it took an hour to get my scraggly a$$ in there!

Thanks for all the advice. I look at reviews but it is a lot easier to hear peoples opinion that I know really use the things on a regular basis.

Last Edited:
in case you want to be fashionable...

ss_tread.png

All-metal, old-school Leatherman. The one and only Gerber I owned broke right out of the gate, and pinched the bejeezus out of my hand in the process.

WAYNO.

I went through at least 4 of those and my last one got lost in a wall and is still there.....kin of like a time capsule I guess :D

Leathernan Wave.

Owned it for well over a decade.

Head office is off airport way by 205 and they service them for life - although I've never had it fail on me, but do know of someone who did use the service.

I have had many my last wave got welded into a gutter kind of forgot I tossed it in there.... :rolleyes: Have a blast now and have held onto it for the last 3 years I think.

There customer service is great you now need to go to there store at Cascade station as they closed down the one at there manufacturing facility. And as stated just take it in and they will give you a new one most of the time.

I've always been a Leatherman fan. But when my last one got left on the back of a bucket truck I decided to try a SOG. I love it so far and it's seen a lot of use. It's much easier to use with one hand than any of the others I've owned.
The assisted opening of the two main blades sealed the deal for me.
The blasting cap crimper is pretty cool too if you're into that sort of thing;)

I have a leatherman sidekick I keep in the truck, and a leatherman super tool in my hunting/fishing pack.
The super tool I got for free. A guy I worked with quit and I had to go clean up his mess he left. Laying on top of the trash was an old leatherman with a broken plier. I took it to leatherman at cascade park and the lady pulled a brand new super tool out and handed it to me.
After seeing their customer service I'll never buy another multitool.

I went through at least 4 of those and my last one got lost in a wall and is still there.....kin of like a time capsule I guess :D

I've also lost something in a wall - was working at St Vincent Hospital years ago and dropped an expensive flashlight in the wall. It's probably still there today :) After that, I kept an inexpensive flashlight in my tool kit for sticking into spots like that.

All this talk and now I can't find mine after the move.

Gerber.

Don't recall the model but I prefer the one handed slide out ability to open them.

The one I have also allows me to interchange blades using standard jigsaw blades (some have to be thinned a little). I've used it when I did cableTV to make outlet box holes in walls with a drywall blade, now I keep a metal blade in it for more "emergency" uses.

I also have it because of the socket and bits allowing me access to 1/4" bits of needed.

$.02

I should note the leatherman standard tool is in my range box.

I got a Wave for a safety award when on the Narrows Bridge project.Still in pristine condition.
I have never worn a MT or really ever needed one that bad. I have seen guys with 2-3 tool holders on their belt.
Working way harder than me I guess.
The one I do use is a little key ring leatherman. It sits in the dor pocket and I use the scissors once in a great while.
What do y'all do with them anyway? Or is that fodder for another thread?

Another vote for Leatherman. My current tool is a Rebar. It's a more expensive tool than my last (which finally broke, and I was given the Rebar as replacement because it's the lowest priced full tool in the lineup)

I have lost probably a dozen multitools in as many years - always at work. I really liked my Victorinox tool - but the Leatherman tools beat it hands down. I've had probably half a dozen Gerber tools (mostly Suspensions) - I was not as impressed. The Gerber tools would break, and were very stiff to get out.

I don't buy the high dollar gear - like I said I loose stuff. A lot. But the Rebar is a killer tool for $50 (or less on Amazon)

I use my multitool multiple times a day - doing everything from mundane stuff like cleaning crap out from under my finger nails nails, removing splinters, to cutting / sawing through wires, the occasional bumper cover, the pliars get used a LOT, and the file comes in handy to clean up corroded battery terminals and terminal posts... the Rebar has serrated and plain knife blades, a saw, a file, a phillips head and flat head screw driver, a bottle opener and a can opener...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top