JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The outlaw Josie Wales. Mostly because it captured the reality of the Bloody Bill Anderson/Quantrill anger closest to reality and true history. Shocking as that is.

Ruth Gordon stole the show in Every Which Way But Loose. The scene where the biker gang roars into her front yard is priceless. A firearms-oriented crowd should appreciate it, and it is too bad that Portland doesn't encourage people who want peace and quiet evenings to do like she did.

No ones gonna talk about he movie he made with the Orangutan?
Gawd dang, just about spit coffee all over the keyboard. Damn those were some terrible movies. :s0140: But, Clint Eastwood, MAN! Gotta love him! Sondra Lock , a real Bi*** in those. But so hot!

"The Gauntlet" ? The guy can sure take a lot of bullets, yeah?

I tend to like all of his movies and remember him more for specific lines.

Of course, there's the classic Dirty Harry... "'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Another favorite line of mine popped up in a forgettable sequel, when he reacted to a fellow detective eating at the scene of a nasty murder... "You know what makes me really sick to my stomach? It's watching you stuff your face with those hotdogs. Nobody, I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog."

Last Edited:
Reminds me of my first primitive telephone answering machine last century. Pre-digital, it had two cassette tapes to handle outgoing and incoming messages. The outgoing message tape ran for a full 20 seconds, even if my greeting was shorter. So, to avoid a long, awkward silence, I recorded something like this in my best Dirty Harry voice:

"I know what you're thinking. Is he in or is he out? Now to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. So, you've gotta ask yourself. Do I leave a message? Well? Do ya punk?"

My co-workers loved it! A couple buddies even phoned and told me not to answer again so they could call right back and play it for their friends.

Not so much my folks who'd never seen a Dirty Harry movie. "[Teflon], this is your mom and dad, you are SO WEIRD!!!"

Last Edited:
Watched "Sudden Impact" last night. While the movie was pretty cheesy overall, it did contain the greatest Clint Eastwood line of all time. I'd forgotten about that.

I'm late to this thread, but I'll cast my votes for favorites in order:

1. Josey Wales, The Outlaw Josey Wales
2. TMWNN/Blondie, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
3. The Preacher, Pale Rider
4. Harry Callahan, Dirty Harry
5. William Munny, Unforgiven

There's another flick not yet mentioned, that is near and dear to us older climbers: The Eiger Sanction, from 1975.
One of my all-time favorite Clint lines (although not actually delivered by Clint, but he provides the set-up) is in this film. On many adventures in the mountains over the many decades I climbed, I have used this line on my partner(s) many times when things looked pretty grim, for the morbid humor it provides...

Last Edited:
Want to add this one to my list in the #4 position:

Marshall Jed Cooper in "Hang 'Em High."

I'd forgotten about this one. Clint turned in a fine performance in an otherwise somewhat mediocre movie.

And coming in at #5 (maybe a tie for #4) another forgotten one I just watched yesterday:

Joe Kidd in the movie of the same name.

A better movie with better production values and stronger performances by the supporting cast than "Hang 'Em High", but since we are rating Eastwood characters rather than movies, I'll give it a tie. Clint was especially brilliant in the opening scenes, but I thought the ending was weak.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top