JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ooh man.....I got to say, the spaghetti stuff is so-so for me. Some of those drug on too long. Good/bad/Ugly. WAY too long. Loved High Plains Drifter though.

Nobody mentioned "The Mule". That's a sad move. Clint Eastwood won't be with us for ever. As I watch him age, like you might look at your old dad when he's getting way up there, he's still got the mind to write. His style has aged with him. He's still got it.

Too many good Clint Eastwood movies to watch if I was lookin' for something, to pick five.

Some of his best movies he was actor, director and producer...
Pale Rider, Heartbreak Ridge, Unforgiven, Absolute Power, Space Cowboys, Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino to name a few.
Agreed.

Ah, forgot about "Million Dollar Baby". That was good. I think I just like HIM. There was the movie where he was near washed-up Secret Service? That hasn't been mentioned.

Not a fan of disaster movies. No Titanic, (except the original 1953) Poseidon Adventure, towering Inferno etc.

The only thing I hated that he did was that stoopid trick with the empty chair on the stage and him talking to it, as though Obama was sitting in it. :s0002:

Last Edited:
Agreed.

Ah, forgot about "Million Dollar Baby". That was good. I think just like HIM. There was the movie where he was near washed-up Secret Service? That hasn't been mentioned.

"In the Line of Fire" ...Frank Horrigan is a Secret Service Agent who keeps thinking back to November 22, 1963, when, as a hand-picked Agent by President John F. Kennedy, he became one of the few Agents to have lost a President to an assassin when Kennedy died. John Malkovich, calls himself "Booth" plays the bad guy that makes a two shot "model" gun out of resin so it doesn't show up on metal detectors and hide the bullets in the rabbits foot on his key chain.

I do like that one, too, should have mentioned it. It was directed by Wolfgang Petersen, the dude that did "Das Boot", one of my all time favorite movies and definitely my favorite submarine war movie.

"In the Line of Fire" ...Frank Horrigan is a Secret Service Agent who keeps thinking back to November 22, 1963, when, as a hand-picked Agent by President John F. Kennedy, he became one of the few Agents to have lost a President to an assassin when Kennedy died. John Malkovich, calls himself "Booth" plays the bad guy that makes a two shot "model" gun out of resin so it doesn't show up on metal detectors and hide the bullets in the rabbits foot on his key chain.

I do like that one, too, should have mentioned it. It was directed by Wolfgang Petersen, the dude that did "Das Boot", one of my all time favorite movies and definitely my favorite submarine war movie.
Yeah, that's the one. Not a favorite, like High Planes Drifter or Pale Rider. Still, good Eastwood movie.

I left the "I" out. :confused: I meant to say "I think I just like HIM."

That was kind of a fun, goofy movie...certainly nothing special. Sort of reminds of John Wayne's North to Alaska without the snappy Johnny Horton tune.

ETA: The bull scene was funny
Hey now! That's one of my favorites! Though, got to be in a mood for it.

... I think I just like HIM. ...
Same here. I think, just like John Wayne, when he played a character, the character became him as much as he became the character. If you saw a lot of him in the part, so much the better. Same with Bruce Willis. I came to watch Willis as much as or more than McClane. The fact that he's basically just Willis only makes it better.

Same here. I think, just like John Wayne, when he played a character, the character became him as much as he became the character. If you saw a lot of him in the part, so much the better. Same with Bruce Willis. I came to watch Willis as much as or more than McClane. The fact that he's basically just Willis only makes it better.
Good point. I have heard interviews a lot of people who knew John Wayne and the all day he was just the same in real life as the characters he played.

Saw I good documentary on Steve McQueen one time and the director of "the Thomas Crown Affair" movie drilled it into him 24/7 to become that character. Apparently he did it so well he became that character from then on in real life.

Interesting fact about Every Which Way But Loose: it was the second highest grossing film of that year and still ranks one of Eastwood's most financially successful. So, yah, someone liked it. (I've always been kind of mixed on both of the "monkey movies" as my father called them. It is, naturally, too cornball to take seriously, but it has its fun moments. But compared to some of his other work, it is pretty much a forgettable artifact of the 70s/early 80s.)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top