JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It never takes much on this forum for people to start bashing LE. Articles like the one posted is troll bait, and people take it all too often and way too serious. For the people that read this stuff and say, oh yea..you bet... I'd recommend taking the next citizens academy at your local police department.

I've known cops all my life, including the rural sheriff who was my brother's father in law who trafficked the dope he confiscated. Don't pull that propaganda on me, lad

You forgot the others like myself. I have respect for authority. We need it. We need rules, regulations, laws, courts and people in government to handle those types of things and right the wrongs. What we do not need is people in authority being rude, selfish, lying, cheating, stealing, conniving, etc... And when that happens (and it does all the time) we need the other people in authority to put a stop to the people in authority doing it. Being a critic is what we have a right to do. We the People are to expect results from Our government. They are supposed to be working for the average everyday citizen, and also not trying to make money off of them and enslave them with rules and regulations.

Howard

Never dais corruption is not there. There will always be bad people. Laws only are intended to keep the honest....honest. Just like locks, if everyone locked there footlockers, there would not be theft. I don't think the governments core laws are for making money, unless your the top 2%. They are the ones our governments after now.

Back in the 60's, a researcher named Milgram did some experiments on obedience to authority that became quite famous. Most have probably heard of the experiments where people thought they were shocking someone in a learning experiment. It's now been replicated thousands of times all over the world in a lot of variations.

His findings were that most towns in the US could provide enough men willing to follow orders to recreate the entire nazi death camp system. I've yet to see any research to suggest that has changed in the last 50 years. If it ever came to confiscation, a lot of LEO's and military troops that are extremely pro 2A would follow orders while screaming on the inside. Their moral torment won't really change anything as they continue following orders. That is nothing against LEO's or our military. That is simply human nature. It's how we're wired.

While I know they exist, I have never met an anti 2A LEO or Vet. Most I've met are awesome people I respect. I still don't doubt most would follow orders. They suffer the same frailties of the human condition everyone else suffers from.

I'm familiar with your example. Not saying you're wrong but I guess I may have a different take on the issue.

I don't doubt that there are LEO's that would follow any order without thinking about it but I would submit that most LEO's outside of major metropolitan cities would likely NOT just blindly follow any order. I know a handful of LEO's personally and I know that there are a few that post on this forum. What I have learned is that cops tend to be either conservatively leaning or firmly conservative both in political philosophy and action. They have their own personal firearms at home. They support the 2A. They have civilian friends. If the LEO's ever had to follow through on something as egregious (and unlikely) as gun confiscation I have faith that they would balk at this and not follow through. I also believe the civilian gun owning friends would probably serve as a huge example of cognitive dissonance that most (MOST) LEO's would not be able to rationalize and therefore would not follow through with enforcing unenforceble and un-Constitutional edicts. I also think that practically speaking, LEO's would not tolerate getting into firefights everyday against the very people of the community they live in.

YMMV.

Listening to cops defend the Total State is not learning, that's indoctrination.

The years of statist propaganda I've had to put up with in K-12 and college is more than enough for one lifetime.

Probably time to move then wouldn't you agree? I mean, things are so bad here that you probably can't stand another minute in the US. Really, the US is just another statist propaganda idea away from being another N. Korea. By golly we should completely ban all public services and government and just be a nation of exploitive, disrespectful, anarchists. Yes, Dman I think you're onto something here. :rolleyes:

Why is it you want to have all the benfits of this great country but want to denigrate it at the same time? Seriously guy, Kim Jong-un needs another friend besides Dennis Rodman.

Probably time to move then wouldn't you agree? I mean, things are so bad here that you probably can't stand another minute in the US. Really, the US is just another statist propaganda idea away from being another N. Korea. By golly we should completely ban all public services and government and just be a nation of exploitive, disrespectful, anarchists. Yes, Dman I think you're onto something here. :rolleyes:

LOL @ dissing libertarians as exploitative. Last time I checked the state is doing all the stealing and killing.

Why is it you want to have all the benfits of this great country but want to denigrate it at the same time? Seriously guy, Kim Jong-un needs another friend besides Dennis Rodman.

Maybe because the the goodness of this country exists in spite of the government, not because of it. Duh.

LOL @ dissing libertarians as exploitative. Last time I checked the state is doing all the stealing and killing.

Maybe because the the goodness of this country exists in spite of the government, not because of it. Duh.

You characterize yourself as libertarian??? You take it so far that it sounds a lot more like anarchy that you seem to want. You denigrate LEO's and government/public employees everytime you can. You want a country without them and everything should be private enterprise. Congrats for supporting the widening of the chasm between the have's and have not's and of cartel's and fifedoms.

I don't like to wish ill will on anyone but I seriously will be LMAO come the day you need the police, fire, or some other pubic entity. Of course, you will never man up and admit it.

You characterize yourself as libertarian??? You take it so far that it sounds a lot more like anarchy that you seem to want. You denigrate LEO's and government/public employees everytime you can. You want a country without them and everything should be private enterprise.

Look, the babby learns something. :s0155:

I don't like to wish ill will on anyone but I seriously will be LMAO come the day you need the police, fire, or some other pubic entity. Of course, you will never man up and admit it.

Snce the government outlawed private police and fire services, that's not really much of an argument now, is it? Moreover, I paid my taxes so your argument is doubly pointless.

Also I would never denigrate firemen because they don't inflict violence on the people on behalf of the state, even if I disagree with their employer's method of revenue collection. I save my choice words for the pigs on parade.
:s0114:

Look, the babby learns something. LOL! :s0155:

Tip of my hat to you for showing your true colors.

Now I must pray: Dear Baby Jesus, please let Dman require the need of the popo, the fire-puter-outers, and medicare and social security. I know it's a lot to ask of you Baby Jesus but please bless the blow-hard, I-don't-care-about-anyone-but-me, Dman types of the world with the ability to stay off the grid so no one ever is in the position to help them. Amen. The End.

dmancornell,
If you are trying to convince people on this forum that libertarianism or anarcho-capitalism is a better system than statism you are doing a terrible job. You come across as extremely contentious.

dmancornell,
If you are trying to convince people on this forum that libertarianism or anarcho-capitalism is a better system than statism you are doing a terrible job. You come across as extremely contentious.

If I wanted to convince somebody I'd do it in real life minus the contention, because this is purely for amusement. Observe Kevatc's post wishing disaster upon me because that would somehow prove the moral integrity of taxation. Yet another non sequitur. Thanks for the laughs, dummy.

dmancornell,

He's actually an uber-liberal because he wants all the benefits of this country without any of the effort to support it. Dman is actually the Stuart Smalley of the forum: he is smarter, he deserves all the freedom, should be subject to none of the rules, and doggone it he is good enough ... because he saw himself in a mirror.

If I wanted to convince somebody I'd do it in real life minus the contention, because this is purely for amusement. Observe Kevatc's post wishing disaster upon me because that would somehow prove the moral integrity of taxation. Yet another non sequitur. Thanks for the laughs, dummy.

Fine. Put your money where your mouth is and quite paying taxes or obeying traffic laws or whatever else you find as an encumberance on your freedom. You are espousing the concept of the Freeman. Good luck to you.

He's actually an uber-liberal because he wants all the benefits of this country without any of the effort to support it. Dman is actually the Stuart Smalley of the forum: he is smarter, he deserves all the freedom, should be subject to none of the rules, and doggone it he is good enough ... because he saw himself in a mirror.

Small-l liberal? Guilty as charged. Not sure what you mean by no effort though, I work 4 months a year to feed your beloved Moloch.

LOL @ "deserves freedom", because humans aren't born free, the government gives them freedom, amirite? So much fail with your sophomoric statism.

Fine. Put your money where your mouth is and quite paying taxes or obeying traffic laws or whatever else you find as an encumberance on your freedom. You are espousing the concept of the Freeman. Good luck to you.

I would, but your precious state would imprison or murder me. Screw logic and reason, might makes right!

Well, I think many of us on this forum, and even some current/former members of law enforcment would say that sometimes police don't always exercise their judgement appropriately in the writing of traffic tickets. Speeding, although I certainly don't advocate it, is in most cases not dangerous at all, and the sometimes arbitrary way in which police officers choose to handle it can irritate alot of people. Some police officers are not always understanding of the tremendous financial burdens inflicted by these tickets to lower & middle class working families for what amounts to a victimless crime. I don't think that's such a radical opinion to have.

I beg to differ. If it's such a burden, then perhaps one should drive within the limits of the law, and not what they feel like doing at any particular point in time. Cops in traffic units, guess what they do? Traffic enforcement. Troopers? Speed enforcement is a big part of their jobs. Personal responsibility- you speed, take your lumps when you get caught. I have no problem finding someone to "shadow" who always seems like they want to get there a little faster than the laws allow. I call them my "rabbits". If the sheepdog catches a rabbit, I wait for another one to shadow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top