JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The downfall of this country is the actions of people to do harm to others...for a paycheck. This covers all bases, from the pushers of aspartame and GMOs to those who will grope granny, pepper spray a child or assist in the dismantling of the Constitution...again, for a paycheck.

It's not primarily the paycheck. It's more the ego boost. A lot of guys get into law enforcement because they need to feel important.

It's all about people Yes there are some cops, maybe a lot, who take the dollar and do just exactly what they are told regardless of if it is moral or legal, but - the big "But" - there are soldiers, cops, Federals and even (a few) Politicians who would not put up with this. There are a_ _holes everywhere.... If - again the big If - they would to surround neighborhoods we will have the revolution so many here seem to be counting on.
If they keep nibbling away one step at a time, which is what they are trying, we'll never know what hit us until we get the letter (California) or a knock on the door.
As for cops being our buddies? When I got out of the Army in 71 I ended up working in a 7-Eleven night shift. I was a rough part of West Seattle. One of my college drinking buddies had become a King County Mounty while I was gone. He saw me working there and had his friends stop by every hour plus convinced me to carry. Anyway, guys comes in needing money while he was standing the in plain clothes one night. Offered to sell me an "Iron". My friend goes out to the car and at this guy leaves two squad cars fly into the lot and everyone is yanking guns. Poor guy was trying to get money for a real "iron", Felt bad, but it was funny.
I guess just because I think people are out to get me I'm not as paranoid as I thought.
Butch

In a way, I feel sorry for a lot of officers. I did a ride along years ago and the officer I was with broke it down this way, 99% of people can have an argument with a spouse, punish their children, have a civil dispute with a neighbor, etc. like normal, civilized people. The other 1% is what takes up most of the law enforcement's time. I know that's getting a little into the weeds but I think they get so jaded by the scurge of the earth that they have trouble knowing the difference. I think under certain circumstances, a law abiding citizen who refuses to give up their guns and will defend their rights becomes just another scumbag to them. Just my opinion and I'm sure there are a lot of good guys out there in law enforcement, I'm just not convinced they won't be manipulated into taking down enough law abiding folks until it's too late.

The downfall of this country is the actions of people to do harm to others...for a paycheck. This covers all bases, from the pushers of aspartame and GMOs to those who will grope granny, pepper spray a child or assist in the dismantling of the Constitution...again, for a paycheck.

Darn good post. I agree 100%.

Dman is an excellent candidate for the ignore button. Funny thing, when I did law enforcement years ago (for a very short time), I never considered myself "too stupid to do anything useful".

He can't seem to discuss law enforcement issues in an adult manner like others (Wichaka comes to mind), so he resorts to calling them names. For a structural engineer, that seems awfully dumb...

Well to each his own. I for one have a tremendous respect for those in law-enforcement (and those in any other profession) up until the point where they violate my rights or steal my property.

Unfortunately it is looking more and more like this is job description for those in law-enforcement. "To Serve and Protect" is an excellent motto, police should live by it. If they did, they would have fewer critics and fewer incidences of violence against them.

Sometimes that can feel true. That is a reasonable statement, even if I don't agree with it. Calling LEO's to stupid to do anything useful just makes dman look like a bitter jerk who doesn't seem to be able to debate like an adult.

Well to each his own. I for one have a tremendous respect for those in law-enforcement (and those in any other profession) up until the point where they violate my rights or steal my property.

Unfortunately it is looking more and more like this is job description for those in law-enforcement. "To Serve and Protect" is an excellent motto, police should live by it. If they did, they would have fewer critics and fewer incidences of violence against them.
No, critics will always be there, most of them are the ones who can't do the job. Others are the ones who have no respect for any authority. They are and forever be the victims. Never taking any responsibility for there actions. Oh I was doing 45 in a 35, why are you ticketing me? It's like saying its the guns fault.

I doubt that Dman really feels that those who are currently serve in law-enforcement are simply mental defectives who are no good for any other profession. I think that just like the rest of us he sometimes uses extreme language to talk about issues he feels passionately about. Sometimes we forget that if we use invidious language, we push away more people than we attract to the ideas we espouse and hold dear.

No he does, look at some of his other post.

I doubt that Dman really feels that those who are currently serve in law-enforcement are simply mental defectives who are no good for any other profession. I think that just like the rest of us he sometimes uses extreme language to talk about issues he feels passionately about. Sometimes we forget that if we use invidious language, we push away more people than we attract to the ideas we espouse and hold dear.

Happening on occasion happens. Understandable. But he makes a habit of it. We all lose our cool and say stupid crap. I do not claim to be immune to that. But when people realize they went over the top, most retract some.

Dman has every right to have a low opinion of law enforcement. I assume from some of his posts, he has been burned. But he consistently makes inflammatory, broad sweeping, and often exceptionally rude generalizations. It ads nothing to the reasoned debate but trollish comments. That's why he is on my ignore list.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top