Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Your 2nd Amendment Cop Buddy Will Take Your Guns

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by dmancornell, Apr 11, 2013.

1. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Good thing I don't have any "cop buddies".

mjbskwim, rur862, aslinged and 9 others like this.
  3. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

The downfall of this country is the actions of people to do harm to others...for a paycheck. This covers all bases, from the pushers of aspartame and GMOs to those who will grope granny, pepper spray a child or assist in the dismantling of the Constitution...again, for a paycheck.

aslinged, GOG, Father of four and 3 others like this.
  4. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

It's not primarily the paycheck. It's more the ego boost. A lot of guys get into law enforcement because they need to feel important.

bcdon, mjbskwim, Bushman and 3 others like this.
  5. kumabear17

kumabear17 Issaquah Active Member

It's all about people Yes there are some cops, maybe a lot, who take the dollar and do just exactly what they are told regardless of if it is moral or legal, but - the big "But" - there are soldiers, cops, Federals and even (a few) Politicians who would not put up with this. There are a_ _holes everywhere.... If - again the big If - they would to surround neighborhoods we will have the revolution so many here seem to be counting on.
    If they keep nibbling away one step at a time, which is what they are trying, we'll never know what hit us until we get the letter (California) or a knock on the door.
    As for cops being our buddies? When I got out of the Army in 71 I ended up working in a 7-Eleven night shift. I was a rough part of West Seattle. One of my college drinking buddies had become a King County Mounty while I was gone. He saw me working there and had his friends stop by every hour plus convinced me to carry. Anyway, guys comes in needing money while he was standing the in plain clothes one night. Offered to sell me an "Iron". My friend goes out to the car and at this guy leaves two squad cars fly into the lot and everyone is yanking guns. Poor guy was trying to get money for a real "iron", Felt bad, but it was funny.
    I guess just because I think people are out to get me I'm not as paranoid as I thought.
    Butch

6. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Interviewed lots of LEO's all across the country have you?

7. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

Nah the ego boost is just a bonus, the real reason is because they're too stupid to do anything useful so they collect a taxpayer-funded check in return for a make-belief career.

Even the courts agree LOL: Too smart to be a good cop : Gene Expression

rur862, bcdon, Redcap and 3 others like this.
  8. Mrand55

Mrand55 Salem Member

In a way, I feel sorry for a lot of officers. I did a ride along years ago and the officer I was with broke it down this way, 99% of people can have an argument with a spouse, punish their children, have a civil dispute with a neighbor, etc. like normal, civilized people. The other 1% is what takes up most of the law enforcement's time. I know that's getting a little into the weeds but I think they get so jaded by the scurge of the earth that they have trouble knowing the difference. I think under certain circumstances, a law abiding citizen who refuses to give up their guns and will defend their rights becomes just another scumbag to them. Just my opinion and I'm sure there are a lot of good guys out there in law enforcement, I'm just not convinced they won't be manipulated into taking down enough law abiding folks until it's too late.

9. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Darn good post. I agree 100%.

10. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Sure there are dishonest men in local government. But there are dishonest men in national government too.
    Richard M. Nixon (1913 - 1994)

11. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

That is why we need the good men and women in LE and government in general to out the bad cops and bad government employees. Do not cover up for their bad deeds.

Squidly and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Really? :rolleyes: What do you do for a living?

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  13. rur862

rur862 Seattle Active Member

Post Deleted.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  14. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Dman is an excellent candidate for the ignore button. Funny thing, when I did law enforcement years ago (for a very short time), I never considered myself "too stupid to do anything useful".

He can't seem to discuss law enforcement issues in an adult manner like others (Wichaka comes to mind), so he resorts to calling them names. For a structural engineer, that seems awfully dumb...

15. rur862

Post Deleted.

16. MountainBear

Sometimes that can feel true. That is a reasonable statement, even if I don't agree with it. Calling LEO's to stupid to do anything useful just makes dman look like a bitter jerk who doesn't seem to be able to debate like an adult.

17. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Wilsonville The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

No, critics will always be there, most of them are the ones who can't do the job. Others are the ones who have no respect for any authority. They are and forever be the victims. Never taking any responsibility for there actions. Oh I was doing 45 in a 35, why are you ticketing me? It's like saying its the guns fault.

18. rur862

Post Deleted.

19. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Wilsonville The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

No he does, look at some of his other post.

20. MountainBear

Happening on occasion happens. Understandable. But he makes a habit of it. We all lose our cool and say stupid crap. I do not claim to be immune to that. But when people realize they went over the top, most retract some.

Dman has every right to have a low opinion of law enforcement. I assume from some of his posts, he has been burned. But he consistently makes inflammatory, broad sweeping, and often exceptionally rude generalizations. It ads nothing to the reasoned debate but trollish comments. That's why he is on my ignore list.