JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Taking the mandatory class for a CWL in Idaho the subject of shootings came up.
The instructor went on and on about "you own every bullet that comes out of your gun" and you are liable for any damage/injuries that they cause.
Hit the battery on a Tesla across the street cha-ching, kill/injure someone mowing their lawn and you will be sued for sure, break a window same thing.
Even the bad guy or his family can sue you.

Of course, he had someone from Delta Defense selling memberships and Self Defense Liability insurance at the end of the class.
Anyone here have that??

Vids that came to mind about owning every shot/bullet, a woman's spray-an-pray where she shoots her own car roof/rear window and sprays the neighborhood.
short version:

Does anyone have this type of insurance?

Your plumber always says you need new pipes, your electrician, new wires. Your roofer, a new roof and your mechanic a new transmission. Anyone who has a dollar to make is going to tell you their product is something you need. In some cases, they're right, though if scare tactics are the selling point... It's insurance

The lest decade or so camera systems got so damn cheap and good that they are almost everywhere now. Its why we have an endless supply of video of shootings. I have lost track of how many show someone, often even LEO's sending a LOT of lead out that never connects to what they are shooting "at". Every time I watch one of these shoots I am left wondering. Where the hell did all those rounds end up landing???:eek: One good thing is it shows just how hard it is to hit "collateral damage". Which for many people is the only thing that keeps them from jail after a wild shoot.

I am not shunning reasonable personal responsibility by any means, but, these days, it would seem, being the crud is better, safer and less costly, with way less responsibility than being the victim. I sure hope everyone that are aligned with the new world are happy at what they have created.
I am not.

Your plumber always says you need new pipes, your electrician, new wires. Your roofer, a new roof and your mechanic a new transmission. Anyone who has a dollar to make is going to tell you their product is something you need. In some cases, they're right, though if scare tactics are the selling point... It's insurance
We need to shut down for two weeks to keep the hospitals from being over run is the best scare tactic I have seen in my lifetime. Barnum has got to be rolling over in his grave at this one. Instill some fear and watch people line up to bend over. 🤬

The lest decade or so camera systems got so damn cheap and good that they are almost everywhere now. Its why we have an endless supply of video of shootings. I have lost track of how many show someone, often even LEO's sending a LOT of lead out that never connects to what they are shooting "at". Every time I watch one of these shoots I am left wondering. Where the hell did all those rounds end up landing???:eek: One good thing is it shows just how hard it is to hit "collateral damage". Which for many people is the only thing that keeps them from jail after a wild shoot.
What I wanna know is where the F are all the UFO and Elvis sightings?

The instructor went on and on about "you own every bullet that comes out of your gun" and you are liable for any damage/injuries that they cause.
Hit the battery on a Tesla across the street cha-ching, kill/injure someone mowing their lawn and you will be sued for sure, break a window same thing.

Of course, he had someone from Delta Defense selling memberships and Self Defense Liability insurance at the end of the class.
Anyone here have that??

Vids that came to mind about owning every shot/bullet, a woman's spray-an-pray where she shoots her own car roof/rear window and sprays the neighborhood.
short version:

Kee-Ripes! That woman was randomly blasting away all over the neighborhood. I hope she didn't kill any of her neighbors watching TV on the couch.

Re owning every bullet that comes out of ur gun, that's very true. That's why u have to make sure the gun fight is worth the potential lawsuits etc in the first place or if it can be avoided.

If it can't be avoided make sure of ur target and what's behind it and make sure no innocents are in the line of fire would be my advice. That lady wasn't even aiming or using the sights, just blasting away at random in the perp's general direction.

Last Edited:

Anyone here have that??

short version:

Do you know you do not need a CWP in Idaho to carry open and/or concealed?

Do you know that to carry into washington you do?

An Idaho permit also has other benefits.
Not sure what the Washington comment has to do with anything here. The OP location says Idaho. Regardless, I am fully aware that permits are required in other states like when I lived in Oregon.

Not sure what the Washington comment has to do with anything here. The OP location says Idaho. Regardless, I am fully aware that permits are required in other states like when I lived in Oregon.
For many of us that live in border areas having a permit that is good in the next town over is an issue.

Do you know you do not need a CWP in Idaho to carry open and/or concealed?
Yeh, getting it for the other 40 states it covers and no background check when buying a gun.
That, and with that cert. I can apply for an Oregon permit.
Did you know that?
I travel cross country (Florida, Pa, Ct) a couple of times a year and would like to be legal when I choose to carry.

Last Edited:
Yeh, getting it for the other 40 states it covers and no background check when buying a gun.
That, and with that cert. I can apply for an Oregon permit.
Did you know that?
Yes. My original comment had to do with transplants I have met that thought they 'needed' a CWP in our state of Idaho.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top