JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking that when I go shooting handguns I take more than one gun but in separate boxes. I also have magazines scattered around generally more than just what came with the gun tossed in the ammo cans or where ever. So I bought a foam insert for a 50 cal ammo can that will hold 24 magazines. Looking at the factory clam shell cases by taking out the extra magazines, other than the firearm the only thing of value is the owners manual and that goes on the book shelf anyway. The rest of the stuff I just put in a plastic shoe box, How many 9mm bore brushes, cable locks and mag loaders do you need on a range trip any way? I'll be going to Bi-Mart and looking at their closed cell camping pads for the foam to reline the pistol boxes with the plan of 2 guns per case now.

I guess for me it's how far I'm traveling with them.

I soft case every rifle separately or backpack pistol platforms.

Couple soft case pistol bags… some hold two with mag sleeves.

I use plastic ammo cases for hand loads I'm testing…. Rest of ammo goes loose in separate (cartridges) Klein zipper tool pouches.

And have one large range bag for random, safety and tools. Separate fairly large IFAK.

Travel distance… hard case.
Airplane…. Pelican vaults and Apache hard cases.

Actually leaving for range in 20 minutes
Had bought the sleeve case thing for shorty shot ties but is now for my Henry

IMG_6059.jpeg IMG_6058.jpeg

I bought one of these to fix the same problem you're having. It's expensive, however for me it was the right solution and I'm not stuck with one particular gun per cutout footprint. 10 mag capacity, 4 handguns. I think I got mine for $170ish from Amazon

My other reason for the organizing is to free up space in the safe. It's getting kinda crowded in there. No room for the as yet undiscovered just one more.

My other reason for the organizing is to free up space in the safe. It's getting kinda crowded in there. No room for the as yet undiscovered just one more.
I still have stuff in the safe that could be elsewhere, but that wouldn't free up room for long guns, and that's what I need.

I found this insert from GPS (it's actually for safe storage) fit perfect in my range bag. I can stick two more pistols next to it and can carry 20+ mags in that side pocket. Additional ammo always goes in a separate bag anyway.

Rack.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads