JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Consumers are confused about the economy"
Things are better than you think.

Is what the State ran Media is pushing now.
✊ 💦
The "news" does this because it works. Sadly a LOT of people will hear only what they want to hear. People you support make a huge mess? "News" tells you those people are great? Many will accept it because they want to. When this starts to no longer work is when people who support it finally feel enough pain. At some point many will start to peel off and stop supporting them BUT, it can be amazing how bad it often has to get. Look at so many of the one party cites and just how damn bad it is? With vast majorities of the "victims" still supporting the people hosing them. :confused:

"Our patients didn't want to come downtown; our students didn't want to come downtown; our staff didn't want to come downtown."

No surprise there. Portland has coddled open drug use, protesting, rioting, looting, vandalism, sidewalk camping and looney tunes attacking cars with knives, not to mention blocking traffic.

Portland reaps what Portland sows…
People can read about it, talk about it or even see videos of it. But until you've been inches away from the literal, drug zombies, hunched over at the waist and nothing behind their 👀 eyes, it's hard to believe any official condones it. Makes it easier for that to continue or makes it legal.

For one, it's a human life. Maybe even American. Why any business would pay top dollar for rent plus high taxes with that in their doorway cannot be a surprise to anyone.

Portland just had a change of DA or AG (I forgot which term they use), but that doesn't mean it's a change for the better. Time will tell.

Maybe some of the voters there have finally felt enough pain to wake up a little. This only happens because enough people have not yet felt enough pain.
It's unfortunate that it had to get as bad as it has before people even considered changing direction. A recent survey found that nearly 80% of businesses in Portland have been broken into or vandalized in 2022, in 62% of those cases, it happened repeatedly. How was this ever tolerated?

It's unfortunate that it had to get as bad as it has before people even considered changing direction. A recent survey found that nearly 80% of businesses in Portland have been broken into or vandalized in 2022, in 62% of those cases, it happened repeatedly. How was this ever tolerated?

"Bleeding Heart" is a contagious disease? Those poor criminals are only doing this because of our disgustingly, selfish, rich people and systemic racism?

"Bleeding Heart" is a contagious disease? Those poor criminals are only doing this because of our disgustingly, selfish, rich people and systemic racism?
Something like that, especially considering the ousted DA still had his supporters, who apparently still don't see anything wrong.

Well, when the "Housing Challenged" are forced to leave.....

Yeah. They'll be back.

View: https://youtu.be/t_C673esTZs?si=kdRdewN-oP3dWAvj

Aloha, Mark

PS....

1716478727866.png

It's good Soro's boy got defeated. Needs to happen everywhere he bought a seat. Question is will Vasquez be any better…. Only time will tell…
He's certainly a better "Man", but I don't think he can make much difference. Every body else is still the same at city hall. The only people likely to be supporting him would be the officers on the street.

Last Edited:

:s0140: :s0140: :s0140:

"Portland was recognized as the 41st best city in Oregon, followed by Salem (108th) and Eugene (115th)."

Means.. that there are 40 cities better than Portland to move to.. and there are 107 cities better than Salem, 114 cities better than Eugene :rolleyes:

Top 10 according to the new reports;
  1. Naples, Florida
  2. Boise, Idaho
  3. Colorado Springs, Colorado
  4. Greenville, South Carolina
  5. Charlotte, North Carolina
  6. Raleigh, North Carolina
  7. Huntsville, Alabama
  8. Virginia Beach, Virginia
  9. Austin, Texas
  10. Boulder, Colorado

Of these, Virginia and Colorado are pretty much liberal/blue States, am I wrong?

Edit. Seems 7 of 10 are South. Not one place in NE, not one place in Midwest, and closest to PNW is Idaho.

Edit. Also not 1 place on the West Coast

Last Edited:
On the path but not as far along and not so openly. The level of destruction in Portland is beyond anything in Eugene. There's still some sanity here with a reasonably strong base of hold outs. But the cancer is here and it's hungry.

Seriously, I had not heard a single word about the voting change measure on the ballot until the ballot arrived. When I researched the people running for mayor I thought I was reading some sort of cartoon.
We had someone actually run under the name "Ace Dog"

On the plus side, we voted not to spend $15M on that damn stadium which I'm thankful for. I didn't need my property taxes going up yet again so some damn baseball team can reap 100% of the benefits

On the path but not as far along and not so openly. The level of destruction in Portland is beyond anything in Eugene. There's still some sanity here with a reasonably strong base of hold outs. But the cancer is here and it's hungry.

Seriously, I had not heard a single word about the voting change measure on the ballot until the ballot arrived. When I researched the people running for mayor I thought I was reading some sort of cartoon.
"Knudson said that to address homelessness, Eugene needs to make three resources available: more affordable housing, supportive services and shelter capacity...

Knudson said that as mayor she would advocate to state and federal officials for funding for these initiatives."

Same old song and dance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top