JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

To camo or not to camo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
I'm having a real hard time deciding! Should I camo my Remington 700 Police or keep it blacked out? I had my heart set on camo, but now I can't seem to pull the trigger.

I voted to Spray Away, but it's your rifle. Do what you want. You might also check out the services of SouthRidge Arms, a supporting vendor here, and look into having a Gun Kote treatment. I'm considering this for a Varmint AR that I have. It's not cheap, but I've heard it's a really durable finish. Unless you're considering keeping it original in case you want to sell it down the road, go with it. :s0155:

Black

Camo is for Bubbas

That oughta stir 'em up...:cool:

That rifle was designed to act just like a surgeons scalpel...to cut out and eliminate the bad sections...

You ever seen a camo scalpel?

Just my opinion...and we all know about opinions...

Well I get tired of guns a lot and sell or trade a lot of them. I'm kinda thinking I might leave it black till I get it 100% how I want it, then paint it.

Buy a second stock and spray away. It cost about 40 bucks for a old gi glass stock and paint for my M1A.
crop4.jpg

Madcratebuilder that is nice.

As for cammo in general it depends on the color in the environment you use the rifle. Mostly at the range don't touch it. If you hunt and do a lot of stalking think about the colors in the environment if you think it would improve your odds seeing that the hunter would be warring orange.
My opinion is dont bother, but is your gun do as you wish.

I put a base coat of olive drab gunkote (spelling?) on my Remmington 700 with an Accuracy International Stock Chassis. Over that I applied the tans, browns and blacks with a spray paint kit just in case I want to change my camo theme in the future. The scope I just spray painted because it was aluminum and would not rust under the spray paint.

Bruce.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR