JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps. But not relevant to this topic. A private party -- a Bi-Mart or Sweet Cakes By Melissa -- compelled to act by the state is as much of an infringement on their rights as is a prohibition on a citizen imposed by force of law. Frankly, as a 2A originalist, I don't see any stipulation to age when I read that torn parchment. We the people have permitted our agents of the state -- through our "just consent" -- to impose upon us these strictures thus we acquiesce to the infringement of our rights "for our own good." A man far smarter than me once said "we get the government we deserve." Another said "careful what you wish for... you just might get it."

Bottom line, as regards this discussion, FWIS: Bi-Mart, Wal-Mart, Dick's, Big 5, et al who have caved to the hysteria of the anti-gun mob have every right to cave and are not obliged to sell me a damn thing. I do not have to like their actions to support their right to take them. YMMV
I have seen it with bumpstocks, certain firearm types and disparagement of young people. I believe that efforts to marginalize these items or groups weakens the 2A community as a whole and makes it more difficult to exercise and protect these freedoms.

Exactly why our freedoms will continue to be eroded. It only affects thee and not me so go ahead....
This is EXACTLY why we get more and more laws. Gun owners who hear of some new rule or law, say, "well that does not effect me so I don't care". Then some new law comes along that does step on them and they scream and throw a fit, wondering why "someone else" did not step in and stop it. Over and over again. When banning AR's for a certain group does zero for crime, as we all know it will, the law makers then come for all AR's. The AR owners who were fine with the first law will now start screaming. They can look in the mirror for someone to blame. They get just what they deserve.

When Bimart gets ammo stock do they display it on the shelf or do you have to ask for it?

They filled the empty spaces on the ammo racks with containers so I can never tell.
You have to get in line at 8:30 and do a fast-walk to Sporting Goods. LOL.

They display what they have. Once it's gone, they fill up those shelves with rifle scopes and whatnot.

I have to say the staff must have the patience of saints... they must get asked 20x/day "do you have any nine?" by people staring at an ammo shelf full of everything but ammo. :)

I have seen it with bumpstocks, certain firearm types and disparagement of young people. I believe that efforts to marginalize these items or groups weakens the 2A community as a whole and makes it more difficult to exercise and protect these freedoms.
Don't disagree. But again, not exactly on topic here. We're talking about the actions of a private party, not the state.

This is EXACTLY why we get more and more laws. Gun owners who hear of some new rule or law, say, "well that does not effect me so I don't care". Then some new law comes along that does step on them and they scream and throw a fit, wondering why "someone else" did not step in and stop it. Over and over again. When banning AR's for a certain group does zero for crime, as we all know it will, the law makers then come for all AR's. The AR owners who were fine with the first law will now start screaming. They can look in the mirror for someone to blame. They get just what they deserve.
Agree completely. However, that is not the topic we are discussing.

Agree completely. However, that is not the topic we are discussing.
At 65 years old bi marts decision to not sell rifles to anyone under 21 doesn't affect me one way or the other. Tho I will say I'm uncomfortable with anyone shooting guns where their only training is from Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty. No matter their age. But I digress, my thought for those between 18 and 21 is to vote with your checkbook and buy a rifle from somewhere else rather than to whine and try to force Bi-Mart to comply. My .02, worth what you paid for it.
Exactly why our freedoms will continue to be eroded. It only affects thee and not me so go ahead....

Have no idea who the "we" are you are talking too. Above is what I was answering and talking about. I guess the "we" must have been some other thread not the one I am in. :confused:

Have no idea who the "we" are you are talking too. Above is what I was answering and talking about. I guess the "we" must have been some other thread not the one I am in. :confused:
I think the Bimart defenders don't want any un-pleasantries spoken about Bimart in the Bimart praise threads.

I think the Bimart defenders don't want any un-pleasantries spoken about Bimart in the Bimart praise threads.
Back when this happened there were no Bi-Marts here so even though I did not like it, I had none to shop at anyway. I was VERY disappointed with some members here saying just that. That since this did not affect them who cares and some even saying they supported the restriction, again because it did not affect them, yet. I said the same thing then, when they come for your AR next remember you were all in on the this is ok. That got some of them real mad. :s0092:

The topic of this thread is Bi-Mart and its freedom to engage in commerce as it sees fit. That is what we -- the forum members posting on topic in this thread -- are discussing. Bi-Mart (and any other private party) enacting policies in no way constitutes an erosion of your freedom as you appear to be suggesting.

Last Edited:
I suspect you are referring to me based on the juxtaposition of the posts. Bi-Mart has done nothing needing defending unless you don't believe in freedom. I defend their right to engage in commerce -- as should anyone who claims to "believe in freedom." That doesn't mean I have to agree with their policies (I don't). But it means I have to recognize as a private entity, they have every right to make policies I don't like... and I have every right to withhold my patronage if I am so compelled.

Again, I'm not ok with any government infringements. I'm a will not compromise, will not negotiate, will not yield kind of a guy. I am ok with businesses being allowed to run their businesses as they see fit. If they make desistions I don't agree with I vote with my check book. I'm an ammunition manufacturer, licensed and legal. You were selling ammo in kit form for more than I sell loaded ammo for. Did I whine and complain, no. Did I buy any of your kits even though I really needed the components, no. I voted with my check book and spent my money elsewhere. Your business, your way, my business my way. It really is just that simple.
100%.

I LIKE Bi-Mart!!! Went with a buddy, who lives in another states,daughter to buy a 9mm-her first firearm. Got a Taurus G3c for $239 and because its Ideeho she took it home with her!!! Pretty good deal, I think, at this juncture!While there bought 2 boxes of Blazer 9mm for $13.99 a box. Didnt need it but what the heck! They had a bunch of other calibers too. Now they DO limit you to 2 boxes of ANY caliber, and Im sure that it was gone soon after I got mine as is the case here, but the price is untouchable to ANY other shops here and most of those dont even have any 9MM so.....

The last few times I was there, they had no ammo to sell. I used to pickup automotive supplies there fairly often and would acquiring some pew fodder whilst there, but not so much any more.

I LIKE Bi-Mart!!! Went with a buddy, who lives in another states,daughter to buy a 9mm-her first firearm. Got a Taurus G3c for $239 and because its Ideeho she took it home with her!!! Pretty good deal, I think, at this juncture!While there bought 2 boxes of Blazer 9mm for $13.99 a box. Didnt need it but what the heck! They had a bunch of other calibers too. Now they DO limit you to 2 boxes of ANY caliber, and Im sure that it was gone soon after I got mine as is the case here, but the price is untouchable to ANY other shops here and most of those dont even have any 9MM so.....
That means they are still selling at the same mark up as before which is nice. Every panic there is a few places that will not try to make bank off the stuff that is in short supply. It is nice. Of course it also means as fast as it hits the shelf it is gone.

Bi-Mart used to sell long guns and shotguns to those 18 and up.

Now they don't. 21 and over, only.

They used to, now they don't.

If you agree with the "why" behind the change (and remember, they used to sell to 18-20 year olds) then, in my opinion, you support the gradual, sinister erosion of our Second Amendment rights. Again, in my opinion, that makes you part of the problem.

Notice I said in my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads