JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bi-Mart used to sell long guns and shotguns to those 18 and up.

Now they don't. 21 and over, only.

They used to, now they don't.

If you agree with the "why" behind the change (and remember, they used to sell to 18-20 year olds) then, in my opinion, you support the gradual, sinister erosion of our Second Amendment rights. Again, in my opinion, that makes you part of the problem.

Notice I said in my opinion.
Opinion noted. Mind if I inject a fact? A private party does not have the capacity to "erode" your constitutional rights. Only the state has that capacity. That said, I share your disappointment that a company like Bi-Mart would bow to the anti-gun hysteria of the wokes.

That means they are still selling at the same mark up as before which is nice. Every panic there is a few places that will not try to make bank off the stuff that is in short supply. It is nice. Of course it also means as fast as it hits the shelf it is gone.
The guy at the ammo counter at the Bend store told me they mark it up 1% over their distributor invoice. They have not changed that practice since the world caught fire, unlike many of their competitors.

A 1k case of 9mm was $170 before all this, I know because I bought some right before the pandemic. So $329 is not pre-cuff prices but still better than most places despite it being inflated still unlike the title of your posts eludes to.

Opinion noted. Mind if I inject a fact? A private party does not have the capacity to "erode" your constitutional rights. Only the state has that capacity. That said, I share your disappointment that a company like Bi-Mart would bow to the anti-gun hysteria of the wokes.

So if companies refuse to do business or provide materials to gun manufacturers or ammo manufacturers, they can't erode your rights? Might want to check that logic...

Just got my $5 card. Yeah Bimart also has the Riggs work pants too. They had 7.62x39 in Port Orchard a couples weeks ago, but it was $20/box. And .380 but too steep on that as well. I like to think of it a an upscale Big Lots with sporting goods. Cheers BiMart!! LOL

A 1k case of 9mm was $170 before all this, I know because I bought some right before the pandemic. So $329 is not pre-cuff prices but still better than most places despite it being inflated still unlike the title of your posts eludes to.
I said 45 acp not 9mm, 45 acp was $24 on avg sometimes less, sometimes a bit more. Compared to the avg of $35(if lucky)or more now everywhere else. I would say not inflated at most a simple increase.

So if companies refuse to do business or provide materials to gun manufacturers or ammo manufacturers, they can't erode your rights? Might want to check that logic...
When a company like Bimart says (with company policies that we think ARs and hi cap mags are dangerous and we don't trust 18 to 21 year olds with firearms or ammo that mindset bleeds in to the populace. Then you end up with more laws that do make it more difficult for citizens to exercise their 2A freedoms. Many of the bimarts fanboys already have this mindset so Bimart's policies don't offend them.

Inject all you want, but make sure it's a fact if you say it's a fact.

Consider this: if Bi Mart sets the stage, and others follow, eventually the new norm, socially speaking, is erosion. People get used to it. Then it's easy for the state to move the bar down. Rinse and repeat.

For example, the politics of President John F. Kennedy would be considered right of center Republican these days, yet he was a Democrat.

So my thesis, simply stated, is that private parties do have the capacity to erode my constitutional rights, as they contribute to accepted norms that allow the public to accept the lowered bar when the state decides it's time to lower it.

As evidenced, clearly, by some of the replies to this thread.

Consider this: if Bi Mart sets the stage, and others follow, eventually the new norm, socially speaking, is erosion. People get used to it. Then it's easy for the state to move the bar down. Rinse and repeat.

For example, the politics of President John F. Kennedy would be considered right of center Republican these days, yet he was a Democrat.

So my thesis, simply stated, is that private parties do have the capacity to erode my constitutional rights, as they contribute to accepted norms that allow the public to accept the lowered bar when the state decides it's time to lower it.

Exactly right. This has already happened to a large degree.

Just found a Sar 9mm for $329 there. Everywhere else I looked for it online it ran from $379 up $499. So to find it at Bi-mart for the lower really made me happy. Also though they have a shortage of ammo too they still sell it at pre-cuff prices just garbed me 2 boxes of 45 acp for $24 dollars each. Got to say Bi-mart may be a class B walmart but they seem to look out for customers good.

So my hats off to Bi-mart. Good Job

yep not inflating prices yet people still wanna cancel them for corporate having a store policy of 21 years of age for guns and ammo purchases. i cant speak for all bimarts but my local bimart employs good people that have worked there a long time.

:rolleyes:

Sorry, friend. It is a fact that the Constitution solely restrains the state. It is impossible for a private party to erode your constitutional rights. That said, I don't see any stipulation to age in the 2nd Amendment. We the people have granted imprimatur to agents of the state to erode our constitutional rights all on our own.

No, they can't. The Constitution only restrains government. It does not compel private parties to provide goods or services you may want.

Bi-Mart marks up their ammo at 1% over their distributor cost. If their retail price has increased, it is only because their wholesale price has been increased. Last week I paid around $16 for a std 50-rd. box of American Eagle 9mm 124gr FMJ. That's about $3 higher than pre-China Flu prices. There's a local gun shop here in Bend who will be happy to sell you that same box for $65. Bi-Mart is doing right by its customers by holdong the line on outrageous markups.

That said, we live in a capitalist economy: charge what you want, what the market will bear. There is no such thing as gouging in a free market.

When a company like Bimart says (with company policies that we think ARs and hi cap mags are dangerous and we don't trust 18 to 21 year olds with firearms or ammo that mindset bleeds in to the populace. Then you end up with more laws that do make it more difficult for citizens to exercise their 2A freedoms. Many of the bimarts fanboys already have this mindset so Bimart's policies don't offend them.
Straw man fallacy. A private party has every right to manage its business as it sees fit. To the extent you believe this influences public opinion, they have that right as well. But so do you. Deploy a superior argument. Or better yet, beat them at their own game: Provide a superior service and take their customers.

For my part, I have already stated that I am disappointed in Bi-Mart's policies, but as a free market capitalist, I must support their right to emplace their policies, stupid as I may find them.

Last Edited:
Bi-Mart marks up their ammo at 1% over their distributor cost. If their retail price has increased, it is only because their wholesale price has been increased. Last week I paid around $16 for a std 50-rd. box of American Eagle 9mm 124gr FMJ. That's about $3 higher than pre-China Flu prices. There's a local gun shop here in Bend who will be happy to sell you that same box for $65. Bi-Mart is doing right by its customers by holdong the line on outrageous markups.

That said, we live in a capitalist economy: charge what you want, what the market will bear. There is no such thing as gouging in a free market.
There will be some "inflation" cost as the ammo slowly trickles back in though it seems many want to claim price will never drop. This same thing happened the last several panics. Places like this that still mark up the same will start to get a better price as they can get as much as they want. Ammo is like all commodities trucked around. The more you buy the cheaper per unit it gets. Of course right now places like Bi-Mart are getting a fraction of what they would be willing to order. When they can again order an entire load, instead of maybe one pallet, price to them will be lower so of course price on the shelf will be lower. When the shelves at Bi-Mart are again full of ammo, and the stuff is one sale, those trying to tell all the price will never come down will do what they always do. Ignore it till something sets off another panic. :confused:

Sorry, friend. It is a fact that the Constitution solely restrains the state. It is impossible for a private party to erode your constitutional rights. That said, I don't see any stipulation to age in the 2nd Amendment. We the people have granted imprimatur to agents of the state to erode our constitutional rights all on our own.

And who is the state?

We are.

And when the beliefs of the people change, so does the Constitution.

And how do the beliefs of the people change?

Gradually, with incremental losses.

And I get it, I won't change your mind and you won't change mine, but I appreciate your opinion.

And who is the state?

We are.
I believe I stated that above, yes.

And when the beliefs of the people change, so does the Constitution.

And how do the beliefs of the people change?

Gradually, with incremental losses.
Though the pace of constitutional change is glacial by design, I do not disagree with your position. But I think the bigger threat is not necesarily an ammended Constitution, but rather constitutional nullification, ie "we your elected representatives find the constitution detrimental to our legislative desires (which is of course the whole point if the Constitution) so we are just goong to ignore it and proceed as if it never existed... oh well until it is politically convenient of course..."

It is a fact that regardless of the high-minded rhetoric in the Constitution, our rights are indeed subject to popular opinion.

What is your proposed solution?

And I get it, I won't change your mind and you won't change mine, but I appreciate your opinion.
Argumentum ad hominem: I am not the topic of this thread. Nor are you. That said, I am open to considering a superior argument. Based on your statement that "I won't change your mind," you appear less so.

But you raise a good point: In my view, our task as responsible gun owners is to be good stewards of the 2nd Amendment. To me this means going above and beyond the duties of a non-gun-owning citizen. It is our burden, perhaps unfairly so. But what choice do we have? The price of freedom is indeed eternal vigilance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top