JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just found a Sar 9mm for $329 there. Everywhere else I looked for it online it ran from $379 up $499. So to find it at Bi-mart for the lower really made me happy. Also though they have a shortage of ammo too they still sell it at pre-cuff prices just garbed me 2 boxes of 45 acp for $24 dollars each. Got to say Bi-mart may be a class B walmart but they seem to look out for customers good.

So my hats off to Bi-mart. Good Job
Not Class B
Bimart exceeds Walmart by a lot.
Locally based and employee owned.
They are our present day General Store.

Book it.

Last Edited:
if it wasn't for Bimart being in Florence I'd hve to drive 50+ miles to find ammo and supplies. Very fair prices,lots of long guns and hand guns on hand, I stop in at least 5x a week .
and a bonus one heck of a nice shooting range 2 minutes away ,lol
Damn, we love that city. Even after hearing this, I still hold it at the top of the retirement locals.

It would be great to support Bi-Mart again and capitalize on their seemingly good selection and prices! However, this still leaves a bad taste in my mouth:

Haven't visited a Bi-Mart or purchased anything from them since then!
I did not know that. Though I disagree with this kind of hasty kneejerk policy-making, they still get my business. You'll note they also don't carry MSRs. But I don't think they ever have, unlike Dick's who made a big deal out of saying they were getting out of "assault weapons." I doubt they destroyed them, however. I wonder who they sold their millions of dollars in inventory to...

Thursday is ammo day in The Dalles, unless someone moved my cheese again.

I'll report back after I make my visit.

I appreciate the anger at the virtue signal business. But at the end of the day, I would not have the deep stash of ammo that fills my shelves if I did not shop BiMart unless I drove 50 miles or bought online.

And the FACT that they are the ONLY company I am aware of that has not screwed us in during the Plandemic must count for something.

We just keep making excuses. As long as they save us a little money, we just kind've look the other way when they decide to "limit" whatever Constitutional Rights they don't think we should have.

It is not an excuse. It is an explanation from my POV.

There are no perfect corporations, just as there are no perfect people. If one is going to boycott BiMart because they did something anti-2A in the past, please step off the high horse long enough to explain how buying online and using the shippers and credit card companies that hate us is any damn better?

Personally I don't find it any bigger deal about under 21 not buying ammo then any of the other stuff they can't do. Ask any under 21 if they rather have it ok to buy a beer or ammo. I bet most would rather have beer. At least you can still buy ammo for those under 21.

It is not an excuse. It is an explanation from my POV.

There are no perfect corporations, just as there are no perfect people. If one is going to boycott BiMart because they did something anti-2A in the past, please step off the high horse long enough to explain how buying online and using the shippers and credit card companies that hate us is any damn better?
Yep! Sadly its gotten so bad it's all but impossible to not do business with anyone "anti gun". So what I do now is just like when I vote, try to pick the "best of the worst" when I can. I LOVED Amazon for a long time as I don't want to run around looking for stuff. It got to where when I needed anything, first place I looked was Amazon. So now that they are "woke" I still shop there but they are now the last resort, not the first place I look.
I too was over the top angry with Bi-Mart when they started virtue signaling. Mattered little to me though as there was none here. Still not, one in the state now but way to far to interest me. Given how it's going now? If they built one in my county I guess I would shop there. Seems there are far "worse" choices sadly.

please step off the high horse long enough to explain how buying online and using the shippers and credit card companies that hate us is any damn better?
Get off my high horse? Gee. Thanks.

I said WE make excuses. That includes me. I choose to not support the companies that I can do without. And there are some companies that are not necessarily my friend that I do not boycott. Even the Post Office is not my friend, but I just cannot find a 2A friendly replacement to carry my mail.

Banks, Credit Card companies, soft drink makers, clothing manufacturers, the list is extensive. You're right. I can't boycott them all. But when I can, I will continue to stay away from the companies I'm able to.

They continue to win. Even such a discussion turns 2A supporters against one another.

Last Edited:
That whole thing with them raising the rifle purchase age to 21 could have been driven by their insurance underwriters. If BiMart leaned woke in general it would be pretty obvious. They are employee owned and bottom line driven. Something like insurance premiums could affect their bottom line. They could have gone full bubblegum like Dick's and Walmart in regard to guns and ammo but they didn't. I tend to think that that whole age kerfuffle was nothing more than a business decision.
Don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

Could be insurance requirements, could also be that there is some line crossing category issue- they may have been fearful that a non-gun aware employee would mess up and accidentally sell a handgun to someone under 21 which would be a violation of Federal law.

"Federal – must be 18 years old to purchase long gun, 21 years old to purchase hand gun 18 U.S.C. § 922(b)(1)"

Regardless, Bimart has earned my trust and my respect.

The decision was made to placate the antis just like mentioning that they don't stock AK's and AR's or high capacity mags for those platforms. It's still violating OR discrimination law and a lame way to show support for the 2A and I won't make any excuses for them.

"We support the responsible sale and use of firearms," he wrote. "That being said, we agree with many policy makers (antis) and our peers (Dick's, Fred Meyer's, etc) that increasing the age limit to 21, in order to purchase a firearm, is a step in the right direction."

A Corporation is a legal entity for the purpose of limiting liability. We have no idea how Bimarts insurance or finance was impacted by all the emotional BS the authoritarian marxists utopists were stoking in the media.

Better yet, step off YOUR high horse.

I said WE make excuses. That includes me. I choose to not support the companies that I can do without. And there are some companies that are not necessarily my friend that I do not boycott. Even the Post Office is not my friend, but I just cannot find a 2A friendly replacement to carry my mail.

Banks, Credit Card companies, soft drink makers, clothing manufacturers, the list is extensive. You're right. I can't boycott them all. But when I can, I will continue to stay away from the companies I'm able to.

They continue to win. Even such a discussion turns 2A supporters against one another.
I deliberately did NOT use the word "you", I used the word "one". As in an individual. Still did not convey the "we" well enough.

"They continue to win. Even such a discussion turns 2A supporters against one another.".

Agreed - you and I have never met in person that I know of, and we are likely to be shooting the same direction if SHTF.

Peace

image.jpg

We just keep making excuses. As long as they save us a little money, we just kind've look the other way when they decide to "limit" whatever Constitutional Rights they don't think we should have.
I don't disagree. That said, we have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed. That does not create an obligation on the part of any private party to sell us one. The Constitution restrains the state; it does not restrain private parties from exercising discretion for any reason they see fit.

I don't disagree. That said, we have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed. That does not create an obligation on the part of any private party to sell us one. The Constitution restrains the state; it does not restrain private parties from exercising discretion for any reason they see fit.
Oregon law did obligate them to but they ignored that law.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top