JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Mother-in-law has a WWII bring back helmet and bayonet, and is preparing to leave her home, so she wants me to dispose of it for her. Any one have any idea what it may be worth? I don't want to e-bay it. Brought back by Robert Reid of Eugene OR USN 1945

helmet & bayonet.jpg helmet inside.jpg helmet left side.jpg helmet right side.jpg

Last Edited:
Well, i can tell you this much. The helmet (depending on condition) is worth more than the bayonet, and on the bayonet it depends on condition ( of course) and whether it has the scabbard. The helmets go for around $200 and up, the bayonets between 75-150 more or less. A medic helmet can go to $500.

Oh...no big deal but I tried to send you more details...says your inbox is full.

I was given a deceased friend's Japanese bayonet a few years ago. His dad brought it back from WW2. I'd bought these at garage sales in the 1960's for a few dollars apiece. I was surprised to learn that these days a common bayonet in good condition can be worth an easy $100. Part of this value is a reflection of how much value our money has lost over time.

As other users have noted the pair could be worth a few hundred and the number only goes up. More important in the value is what is called "provenance" which is a historian/collector's way of saying "where did it come from". If there are any old family letters or photos of the helmet it could bring significantly more. I would recommend asking family members to write down all the details they can about the helmet and the GI that brought it home (i.e. CPL Joe Smith, 22nd Marine Reg. Marshall Island Campaign, bring back 1944, ect)

Help-- my inbox is full, and I can't find any docs on deleting old messages.

Click on "Inbox", Click on "Show All", Select the grey square box next to "Replies" in the right hand column. Look at the bottom of your screen. A grey action bar will appear. Either choose "select all" or specific messages. Click on "Leave Conversation". This will clear up space in your inbox.

Becoming a contributing member also expands your message capacity.

Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads