JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Notice: this is one of those click bait site you see on FB where you go and then have to click thru 5+ "next" links so they get the maximum exposure for their ads. But it is interesting.

Archaeologists Find A Lock Box Buried Deep In The Mud, With Some Truly Disturbing Contents

Apparently a buried cache was found in Russia of a Nazi soldier cache, with uniform, ID, various items including several boxes of cigars Jamaican rum and so on. If authentic, and not fake news, it would be an interesting data point on how long this box lasted with intact contents and what the person felt was something they wanted to cache.

If authentic, maybe the owner deserted, or wanted to go incognito on retreat. Maybe it was a spy's stash box. I saw no mention of weapons. I would think that if it was a soldier that there would be weapons and ammo - which makes me question the authenticity. But why else would someone bury something like this if it wasn't from the WWII era?

I've often wondered how many treasures must be buried over there. Folks see the SHTF coming, bury and run. They get bombed, landscape changes or changes ownership etc, stuff stays buried. In case you don't feel like rewarding this kind of clickbait but want to read the article:

Page 1 - A look inside a Nazi soldier's lock box uncovered in Russia

Page 2 - A look inside a Nazi soldier's lock box uncovered in Russia

Page 3 - A look inside a Nazi soldier's lock box uncovered in Russia

Page 4 - A look inside a Nazi soldier's lock box uncovered in Russia

Page 5 - A look inside a Nazi soldier's lock box uncovered in Russia

The end

Notice: this is one of those click bait site you see on FB where you go and then have to click thru 5+ "next" links so they get the maximum exposure for their ads. But it is interesting.

Archaeologists Find A Lock Box Buried Deep In The Mud, With Some Truly Disturbing Contents

Apparently a buried cache was found in Russia of a Nazi soldier cache, with uniform, ID, various items including several boxes of cigars Jamaican rum and so on. If authentic, and not fake news, it would be an interesting data point on how long this box lasted with intact contents and what the person felt was something they wanted to cache.

If authentic, maybe the owner deserted, or wanted to go incognito on retreat. Maybe it was a spy's stash box. I saw no mention of weapons. I would think that if it was a soldier that there would be weapons and ammo - which makes me question the authenticity. But why else would someone bury something like this if it wasn't from the WWII era?
I daresay that the "critical" items were "never found"... rifle, pistols, magazines, ammo for same... Only going on what would happen if I found something like that in Ukraine or western Rossiya. In any event, the less others know about such things the better. YMMV!

Sorry - this is entirely fake - nothing underground, exposed to water as long as it was would ever stay sealed to preserve the stuff as shown - HOWEVER there are several YT videos of Russian 'black diggers' that routinely metal detect along the Eastern Front of Russia and they find some pretty incredible stuff - artifacts, guns, ammo, personal effects, and skeletal remains as well from WW2.

Most of the stuff is waterlogged and in a condition one would expect but some of it isn't too bad, and in some cases guns found are in fairly good shape if they had still been in original containers and had been covered with cosmoline or other packing grease - but it ain't like they are new and in 'shootable' condition.

Here is an example of what the stuff they find looks like.

Last Edited:
RUSSIA? Heck, an exhumed Wooly Mammoth carcass in Russia was still in good enough shape that researchers carved off and cooked steaks!
That woolly mammoth incident was written up by Alexandr Solzhenitzen in The Gulag Archipelago (I forget which volume). The mammoth was in permafrost, and the "researchers" were gulag prisoners. The guards were unable to stop the zeks from cooking up chunks on the spot, which says a lot about how hungry the men were...

That woolly mammoth incident was written up by Alexandr Solzhenitzen in The Gulag Archipelago (I forget which volume). The mammoth was in permafrost, and the "researchers" were gulag prisoners. The guards were unable to stop the zeks from cooking up chunks on the spot, which says a lot about how hungry the men were...
Researcher who tried it said it was freezer burnt AF

I live near a WWII training camp. Metal detectors are always turning up buried stashes. Its desert conditions so cigarette tins are still legible. The paper money was paymaster script so no real value but the coins are all real silver. I have found a lot of bottles, and tins that were buried and forgotten. DR

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top