JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking about refinishing my Mossberg Riot Shotgun.......looking for suggestions. I want a coat of something on it so it doesnt rust on me. Dont really want to spend more then the rifles worth.....but dont want a cheap refinish that isnt going to last. Any help is appreciated.

There are several folks on here who coat for a living and could probably set you up pretty reasonably.

You could also buy yourself a kit from Duracoat and do the job yourself if you feel like taking on the job.

Here are a couple I've done with Norrell's Moly Resin:

Chinese 870 clone:

IMG_9492.jpg

Mossberg 590:
IMG_9833-2.jpg
IMG_9834-2.jpg

Looks good!! How easy is it to do? Quick description with process? Thanks.

Thank you! I'm quite happy with the outcome, too.

The process is pretty easy, if you have the right tools. You'll need an oven big enough(I would NOT recommend using your home oven as it will smell horribly after), a blasting cabinet, airbrush/spray gun and some spray degreaser like brake clean.

Disassemble the gun, clean, blast, clean, dry, clean, dry, preheat, spray with your choice of finish, bake at heat and time recommended by the maker of the finish, let cure, oil/lube, and reassemble. Again, it comes down to having the right tools and LOTS of prep and cleaning work. Your hands must be ultra clean and after the final cleaning, you cannot touch the item to be finished as any oil will contaminate the process.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top