JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think we should all make an effort to contact our local LOE and extend our olive brach. We really need them on our side if things start going stupid at the National level. We cannot afford to have them against us...just a thought.

I agree here as well, The use of un manned means of attack ( offensively) should be a last ditch means of solving a problem, not the first, or a be all/end all in these instances. There has been quite a call for "accountability" within the Military for the use of drones to carry out strikes, and there is a command and control structure in place to ensure ROE's are followed to the letter! I do not see this in place at local levels in our LEO community, and that scares me! I don't see Dallas did any thing wrong in this case, BUT, as others point out, what's to stop others who jump too quickly on this "new" means of Policing! There needs to be a serious discussion of this with STATE LEADERSHIP to insure accountability and a full set of ROE''s to insure compliance!

The use of special weapons is highly regated and there are a bunch of authorizations that must be received up the chain by designated leadership. A patrol guy couldnt just strap an IED to a turbo hopper and blow people up with it.

The use of special weapons is highly regated and there are a bunch of authorizations that must be received up the chain by designated leadership. A patrol guy couldnt just strap an IED to a turbo hopper and blow people up with it.

Exactly. That wasn't a call made by a blue shirt. It came from the top down. And I agree with it. A message to other stupid "people" that decide to get behind the trigger and make a "statement".

On Robots --

Should the Police Have Robot Suicide-Bombers? (http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/military-robots/should-the-police-have-robot-suicidebombers)

One of the comments to the above article is:
"This was an ROV, not "robot" in the sci-fi sense. Acting like the Dallas police deployed an autonomous robocop is irrational. A human steered it, a human detonated the device it carried."

I get that to the IEEE members difference is critical.

I think I shared this elsewhere:
upload_2016-7-13_15-2-14.png

In the heat of a battle, um with extreme caution, a bomb might be the only tool available.
However, if the suspect has holed up, then time is on the side of the police. Do not blow up the mosque. How are you certain there are no hostages, nor innocents near by?

On Spiders - oh, hell no.

On Robots --

Should the Police Have Robot Suicide-Bombers? (http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/military-robots/should-the-police-have-robot-suicidebombers)

"This was an ROV, not "robot" in the sci-fi sense. Acting like the Dallas police deployed an autonomous robocop is irrational. A human steered it, a human detonated the device it carried."

View attachment 302118

In the heat of a battle, um with extreme caution, a bomb might be the only tool available.
However, if the suspect has holed up, then time is on the side of the police. Do not blow up the mosque. How are you certain there are no hostages, nor innocents near by?

Didn't take long for people to start asking the "hard" questions ...did it?
How about its over move on..If the Govt thinks its wrong ,,,don't do it again..If they think its ok....well that's a different story. I think the focus should be on the group that's behind the initial attack not the tactics used by Dallas PD

I think we should all make an effort to contact our local LOE and extend our olive brach. We really need them on our side if things start going stupid at the National level. We cannot afford to have them against us...just a thought.

Yes of Course we should back the LEO's, especially when they come to your home or business to beat the SH!t out of you, and confiscate your weapons, just like they did after hurricane Katrina In New Orleans.

Only a fool believes the cops are your friends. They are GOVERNMENT Employees. They will do whatever they are told to do by their employer, they are in it for the pay check.

I have many friends still in the service and also LEO, I can tell you they will NOT follow any orders that take away rights or violate the BOR, Period! Many are very senior carrier Officers and enlisted men who earned it the hard way, and know what this fight is really about! Same with LEO in my parts! I also know even more retired folks from both, and they are even more vociferous about this fight! Sure, there may be a few here and there that follow these orders, but when a few get killed, they will come to there senses! I have seen and been around guys who wanted to add a notch or two on there rifles, these guys usually got there wishes, and now wished that they didn't! That will always be a problem in any organised operation, so we do need to watch for those people!

I have many friends still in the service and also LEO, I can tell you they will NOT follow any orders that take away rights or violate the BOR, Period! Many are very senior carrier Officers and enlisted men who earned it the hard way, and know what this fight is really about! Same with LEO in my parts! I also know even more retired folks from both, and they are even more vociferous about this fight! Sure, there may be a few here and there that follow these orders, but when a few get killed, they will come to there senses! I have seen and been around guys who wanted to add a notch or two on there rifles, these guys usually got there wishes, and now wished that they didn't! That will always be a problem in any organised operation, so we do need to watch for those people!
absolutely....When the eyes open the fight for them will stop. When their families start getting their doors kicked in they will jump ship quick

On Robots --

View attachment 302118

of course use a DRONE to kill a guy hold up, no need for trial, no need to hear from the accused as to what the heck is really going on, as I said before, DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES, kill all pertinent witnesses, destroy the rule of Law, eliminate the possibility of exposing TRUTH. The first rule of Deception, Fraud, Criminal Intent,
Treason, Assassination, eliminate all possible leaks. Oswald was made the fall guy for JFK before the body was cold, Osama Bin Lauden was pin pointed as bad guy before
the dust settled, Saddam Husein was killed before any weapons of mass destruction proved to exist, they never did prove it. Take away guns, from every body, when it was muslims in both attacks in Orlando as well as Dallas. Destroy our Constitutional Rights to protect us. Safety over freedom, As Ben Franklin said those who give up their right to freedom for safety will have, and deserve neither. We get the Government RULERS we deserve, GOOD and HARD. As Emiliano Zapata said, I would rather DIE on my FEET than LIVE on MY KNEES. I want to Die a Slave to Principles not to Men. Ignorance and obscurantism (the practice of deliberately preventing the facts or full details of something from becoming known.) have never produced anything other than flocks of Slaves for TYRANNY. Will somebody please tell me what back ground checks have done other than destroy our rights, how many lives have they saved.

That criminal's physical condition would be basically the same if he took a headshot from a sniper, as would his ability to stand trial.
I don't think the police or anyone else is advocating lobbing bombs at someone handcuffed in the back of a police cruiser, using c4 suppositories to subdue jaywalkers that get fiesty.

Last Edited:
That criminal's physical condition would be basically the same if he took a headshot from a sniper, as would his ability to stand trial.
I don't think the police or anyone else is advocating lobbing bombs at someone handcuffed in the back of a police cruiser, using c4 suppositories subdue jaywalkers that get fiesty.
Although the visual is worth the price of admission....Hey THAT LIGHT WAS RED!!! BOOM!!!! LOL

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
In war, truth is the first casualty.
Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
Force always attracts men of low morality.

These are all quotes by better men than I.

I am in no hurry to die nor am I in a rush to see the fall of my country. What I am is willing to fight for what is right and lay down my life for my beliefs. There is no point in beating my chest and yelling at them to stop doing what their doing. I will arm myself and wait until I have no choice..

Yes of Course we should back the LEO's, especially when they come to your home or business to beat the SH!t out of you, and confiscate your weapons, just like they did after hurricane Katrina In New Orleans.

Only a fool believes the cops are your friends. They are GOVERNMENT Employees. They will do whatever they are told to do by their employer, they are in it for the pay check.
By the way Fred....the only fool my mom ever raised was my sister not me...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top