JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very good point. What will happen in a place like Detroit once the government checks stop coming? I would also want an armored vehicle. Do you think they'll buy me one with my tax dollars? Or at least get inside of theirs in a pinch? Nah, they'll just run me down like an opossum.

Free to me would be not to have to be a wage slave to the bankers, free to go where ever I please, whenever I want, including leaving the country. Free not to pay taxes that go toward death and misery. Free to drive or walk down the street without being intruded upon via surveillance from every angle; free to express myself without every word being saved to be used against me later.

Kind of a broad term I guess. Should have said is anyone still ignorant enough to belief they are in a free country?

The theme song for the deluded is that nauseating song "Proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free ..." when I hear that I want to barf. My friend in the Air Force told me they played that six times a day in their barracks. Brainwashing garbage.

As long as LE has their union, that union will continue protecting the bad apples within. Take away their union and I'm almost certain you'll begin to see more accountability for the screw-ups that occur almost too often nowadays.

There is truth in this statement, but it goes beyond the local government. Last year, the Spokane Co Sheriff asked the WA state legislature to pass a new law that would allow the "weeding" out of bad cops easier... It went no-where.

Free to me would be not to have to be a wage slave to the bankers, free to go where ever I please, whenever I want, including leaving the country. Free not to pay taxes that go toward death and misery. Free to drive or walk down the street without being intruded upon via surveillance from every angle; free to express myself without every word being saved to be used against me later.

Kind of a broad term I guess. Should have said is anyone still ignorant enough to belief they are in a free country?

The theme song for the deluded is that nauseating song "Proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free ..." when I hear that I want to barf. My friend in the Air Force told me they played that six times a day in their barracks. Brainwashing garbage.

I knew exactly what you meant and I agree wholeheartedly. Why don't you head toward Sprague River/Lakeview/SE Oregon? Here, I can walk where I choose and the taxes, though inescapable COMPLETELY, is minimized. Only the words I type here and a few phone calls could ever be used against me. We do and will live under an oppressive thumb. In Portland(or any big city for that matter), they are magnified 100x. Get the hell out of metropolitan areas. Your children and grandchildren will thank you. To me, Portland is San Francisco, San Fran is Chicago and Chicago is Europe. Where does an American fit in? Right here in the American Redoubt. America's last stand will be held in Eastern OR, WA, in ID, MT, NV and WY.

Anyone deluded enough to see the "patriotism" in Toby Keith, Alan Jackson and the like have in fact drank the Kool-Aid. Profiting from dead Americans is no way to live. By the way, patriotism is great, but this "blind patriotism", is kind of like bragging about all the *** your Dad gets, isn't it?

Not a bad idea but one I think would be very difficult to implement. Perhaps it would be easier to fire cops and supervisors when it can be shown there was gross negligence.

I want to go on record that I recognize SWAT teams are necessary for a narrowly defined purpose and I want them to have all the gear they need to do their jobs. But it seems that it is becoming common place to have some LEO special units acting like they are Delta Force squadrons. its ridiculous and has turned the whole " to protect and serve" on its ear.

Your eyes are opened.?
What happened?
Very good comment !

As long as LE has their union, that union will continue protecting the bad apples within. Take away their union and I'm almost certain you'll begin to see more accountability for the screw-ups that occur almost too often nowadays.
The unions have nothing to do with the comment you responded to. Kevatc mentioned raids served on wrong addresses . .. the union can't protect them from that one.
Where have you been living?
If the warrant has an incorrect address on it due to sloppy police work,...
OR
If the warrant has the correct address on it but the cop reads it wrong, transposes it etc,..
The result is the same, the cop responsible is disciplined, maybe to the point of being fired.

That's when the union goes to work. To lessen the disciplinary action, and/or get the cop's job restored to him/her.

Try reviewing a few of the abuse cases brought against cops in the NW in the last few years. Even if the department does discipline the cop, often times their union rep hollers until "discipline" amounts to a slap on the wrist.
For killing someone like an unarmed man, invading the wrong house, or raiding the right house under false pretenses etc.

Cops make mistakes ALL THE TIME. People's lives are often at stake as a result.
And instead of fostering and atmosphere of "policing their own," the union thinks about protecting the cop's job first, and the welfare of the community second.
Or third, or fourth,... Or last.

Every swinging dick is on "paid administrative leave" until they retire.. from the revenue service on down to the local dog catcher. It's a wonder anything gets done but no wonder we're so in debt.
Watch "Waiting for Superman".

OR
If the warrant has the correct address on it but the cop reads it wrong, transposes it etc,..
The result is the same, the cop responsible is disciplined, maybe to the point of being fired.

That's when the union goes to work. To lessen the disciplinary action, and/or get the cop's job restored to him/her.
This is the issue
The union goes to work on depts to force through prevention of cops getting held accountable for their misdeeds.

I honestly think that until we break the police union and force cops in general to behave themselves without the unions rescuing them from their own bad behavior we'll continue to have a crappy force.

This is the issue
The union goes to work on depts to force through prevention of cops getting held accountable for their misdeeds.

I honestly think that until we break the police union and force cops in general to behave themselves without the unions rescuing them from their own bad behavior we'll continue to have a crappy force.

I don't think alot of people understand just how powerful these unions can be as well. It is WIDELY known by " educated " voters that the california correctional peace officers association union is one of the most, if not the most powerful political force in the state. Think about that for a second, we are talking about California. One of the biggest .gov machines in the nation. Special interests, billionaires, HUGE companies, and the corrections union is the most powerful political force in the state.

I blame the militarization of police on sheer laziness, and incentives to spend money so as not to lose it in a budget. Instead of simply rewarding law enforcement departments for a job well done, they're encouraged to be parking maids/revenue generators/crime generators. Not everywhere. Not even in most places. Most big cities probably. We only read about the squeaky wheels.

And I love Toby Keith and Alan Jackson. I love me some 'Merica. Love it or leave it :s0114:

OR

Try reviewing a few of the abuse cases brought against cops in the NW in the last few years. Even if the department does discipline the cop, often times their union rep hollers until "discipline" amounts to a slap on the wrist.
For killing someone like an unarmed man, invading the wrong house, or raiding the right house under false pretenses etc.

Cops make mistakes ALL THE TIME. People's lives are often at stake as a result.
And instead of fostering and atmosphere of "policing their own," the union thinks about protecting the cop's job first, and the welfare of the community second.
Or third, or fourth,... Or last.

PLEASE point us to the cases where a LEO was fired for screwing up the address on a warrant. I'm anxious to see these mny fired LEOs, especially when they executed innocent people or dogs in the course of their illegal home invasion.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top