JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about people in movies who pull a bullet out of the case and use the powder to cauterize a wound?

Don't remember where I saw it though.

I have a VERY funny story about pulling a cartridge to demonstrate how clean-burning the powder was. Anybody here wanna read it?

I'll put it in general firearms chat thread....

tac

Last Edited:
Dont get me started. I was watching the new Kong movie and the WW2 pilot was shooting his 1911 and you heard click, click, click when he ran out of ammo...

Also, in the 1st Avengers where that chick pulled out 2 glocks and they went click, like she was " cocking " them... to funny.

Glocks in every TV show or movie always make a 'cocking' noise.

The other thing that's hilarious is anytime anyone is ever shot, there is a panic as the number one thing on anyone's agenda is 'we've got to get the bullet out!'

I have a VERY funny story about pulling a cartridge to demonstrate hoe clean-burning the powder was. Anybody here wanna read it?

I'll put it in general firearms chat thread....

tac
But to cauterize with it? Something tells me if it really needed to be cauterized lighting gunpowder in it might destroy some layers of skin and something. o_O

Was looking for something to watch on Netflix the other day and came across this "documentary" about the Valentine's Day massacre. I think the guys with the Thompsons might have a tough go of it.

Untitled.jpg

I usually just suspend critical thought when I'm watching a movie or TV show because it's just entertainment written by someone who is usually unqualified to ask me if I want fries with that burger. Documentaries are a bit different. I do always look for proper gun handling so I give bonus points for correct ready low/high, finger discipline, etc. Amazingly the new Hawaii 5-0 does a pretty good job with those things as well as how the firearms are configured.

The only one that gets under my skin a bit is the "Shooter" TV series. The movie along with Quigley Down Under are both in my top 5 favorite movies, my wife, too, so we have been watching the first season on Netflix.

It started out pretty good and it looks like they made a real effort on the rifles, but then they started using those idiot scope cage/handle gizmos on the rifles and I'm thinking "a sniper really wants to reach around that to adjust elevation? Really? Then morphing tactical sniper setups into behemoth bench rest rifles, and finally "there are only 5 rifles in the world strong enough for those special bullets" Really? Ever heard of 50 BMG, and that's still small compared to the big stuff.

Then that frigging indestructible "illegal" red bullet stupidity, followed by ditching his AR to grab his "sniper" rifle during close quarters combat. It's like they fired the good writer halfway through and hired the pizza delivery guy to finish it out.

There is so much dumb bubblegum in the picture below it blows my mind.
upload_2017-7-18_9-31-34.jpeg

I can not wait until this lets bolt or add on all sorts of dumb things to the rifle / gun fad is over.
I like my guns simple.

That said I understand about scopes , lights , muzzle brakes etc ... for some guns and some uses.
But a "roll cage" and some of the other over use of add on items , that is there just to look cool for the movies , has done much to influence many in the gun world ... to my chagrin. :eek::D
Andy

How about people in movies who pull a bullet out of the case and use the powder to cauterize a wound?

Don't remember where I saw it though.

Rambo 3 for one. I've seen it through the years, mostly in old westerns! Rambo did his own, though! Really jacked up the old film testosterone level! :eek:

I can not wait until this lets bolt or add on all sorts of dumb things to the rifle / gun fad is over.
I like my guns simple.

That said I understand about scopes , lights , muzzle brakes etc ... for some guns and some uses.
But a "roll cage" and some of the other over use of add on items , that is there just to look cool for the movies , has done much to influence many in the gun world ... to my chagrin. :eek::D
Andy

Really? I just think it's hilarious! If the aftermarket co's can make extra cash, maybe it will help support legitimate research on real parts! It's funny though!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top