JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a Finnish-American, I am certain I will like the movie. My grandmother grew up in Lapland (Lappi). It's some wild, wild country. I hadn't heard of the movie, but it's on my list now.

And if you like realistic war movies, screen the 1989 Finnish classic Talvisota (The Winter War), how the greatly outnumbered Finns (including one of my grandfathers) held off the Red Army and kicked bubblegum on the Soviets. Oh, yeah, they held off the Nazis, too. Look up Simo Häyhä, one of the greatest snipers in 20th century military history.

As a Finnish-American, I am certain I will like the movie. My grandmother grew up in Lapland (Lappi). It's some wild, wild country. I hadn't heard of the movie, but it's on my list now.

And if you like realistic war movies, screen the 1989 Finnish classic Talvisota (The Winter War), how the greatly outnumbered Finns (including one of my grandfathers) held off the Red Army and kicked bubblegum on the Soviets. Oh, yeah, they held off the Nazis, too. Look up Simo Häyhä, one of the greatest snipers in 20th century military history.
an on that as i am part Norwegian and my great great grand father was the first to start an orphanage for the Laplander kids , i as well will add it to my list :D

As yet another aside, the Finnish word Sisu is roughly translated as being s a unique Finnish concept that can be translated into English as strength of will, determination, perseverance, and acting rationally in the face of adversity.

My Grandpa Toivo stated it simply, saying it meant, "Grit."

…..but do they use HK's?😎
Better…. they use Sako's and Tikka's :s0023:

E692A2FE-487F-4C4F-8916-33D52E988FA6.jpeg

As yet another aside, the Finnish word Sisu is roughly translated as being s a unique Finnish concept that can be translated into English as strength of will, determination, perseverance, and acting rationally in the face of adversity.

My Grandpa Toivo stated it simply, saying it meant, "Grit."
If I am not mistaken, Sisu was the motto of the recently closed Suomi College in Michigans Upper Penninsula.

Joe

I always wanted to see a movie about what motivates the bad guys to want to go after the John Wick characters and shoot poorly and die in huge numbers. The lower level cannon fodder guys.

At first I thought it was some kind of parody or take off of The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, but then it got really heavy into the action.

I assume this is going to come out in theaters, then maybe pay for view.

I look forward to it.

'White Death'.
Almost makes Hathcock or Kyle look like pikers.

…..but do they use HK's?
Nope. It's kinda too bad the mil-surp collectors discovered how good the Finnish Mosins are, getting harder to find.

But for you AK fans, the Valmet (made by Sako) is arguably the best AK in existence. I think it's been in service since the mid-60s, and there's a civilian version as well that's really popular.

1679501185072.png

If I am not mistaken, Sisu was the motto of the recently closed Suomi College in Michigans Upper Penninsula
Yes, very sad, that -- I had a couple friends that matriculated at Suomi (before it became Finlandia). The word's meaning, to a Finn, represents what's in the heart of every Finn - guts, resolve, resilience. Pride and a national spirit, things I fear most Americans have lost.

I look forward to it.
Definitely.

Almost makes Hathcock or Kyle look like pikers.

Nope. It's kinda too bad the mil-surp collectors discovered how good the Finnish Mosins are, getting harder to find.

But for you AK fans, the Valmet (made by Sako) is arguably the best AK in existence. I think it's been in service since the mid-60s, and there's a civilian version as well that's really popular.

View attachment 1388793

Yes, very sad, that -- I had a couple friends that matriculated at Suomi (before it became Finlandia). The word's meaning, to a Finn, represents what's in the heart of every Finn - guts, resolve, resilience. Pride and a national spirit, things I fear most Americans have lost.

Definitely.
This was also a good program, now also gone :(
Suomi kutsuu!

Joe

The JW got a little out there with each movie.. but we're still dumb fun. The deaf and blind assassins were a bit much.. then again the entire series was still pretty over the top.. but good dumb fun.

This Sisu movie looks good for a nice action movie, I'll be seeing it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top