JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In reading these responses I am thoroughly happy I don't live in jurisdictions that prosecutors make any attempt to prosecute folks for good shoots in their own homes.

So I see there was some reply to my post here's the deal the guy I was talking about I had dinner with him he was my brother in-laws fishing friend I got the short story but he used a gun to defend his life and his brothers life and did 8 years in prison for it AND HE HAS TO LIVE WITH THE FACT THAT HE KILLED TWO PEOPLE

Excellent post and point.

I'll ad one point, grab a backup and/or extra ammo before you run off to confront your intruder.

Example. I'll always go for my Mossberg 500, but also grab one of my 9mm pistols to back that up. Don't want to run out with the shotgun and suddenly be confronted by another intruder taking advantage of what he thinks is an out of ammo situation for me.

Have extra mags you can stuff in your pocket when you grab that gun. Plan ahead, will you be in pajamas or a robe or "in your undies".... Maybe you should have one of those belts with holster & mag pouches and the snap together buckle you can throw on quickly. I know there may not be time, but if there is, well.... Robes or pajama pockets are not really suitable for the weight of a few loaded mags, but... maybe I'm just over thinking it....

Then again, if your dressed for success in your encounter with your burglar or home invader, well, the prosecutor might just have a field day over that, making you strip down to your undies and walk around the curt room with your bandoleer of ammo and extra mags to convince the jury your a mad man... on a killing spree... in your own house... against armed intruders.

~

Yeah, if you are using an AR, I have a tough time believing a 30 round mag wouldn't be about 27 shots more than you probably need for 1 intruder. Maybe increase it by 3 for each additional. They will either run away or die once that mag starts cranking off. Can't say having more is a bad thing though. With a Glock, those happy sticks with 33 rounds seem like there would be a lot leftover.

My bedsight 12ga with light attached (identify your target, don't be a sad story on the news about killing a relative because you thought they were an intruder) is in a 7+1 configuration. Seems more than sufficient, especially when paired with the Glock. I also advice the secondary.

I'm not knocking the idea of taking more ammo than you need, but I'm also saying respond in accordance with the needs of the situation with respect to your family and household. Time could mean life.

If you live alone, grab a gun and stay in an advantageous location, probably your room. Call the cops, let them handle it, if they kill the guy the family can't sue you in civil court and have a case.

If you have kids in another room don't spend so much time putting on your PC and grabbing your M60 that you leave your family at increased risk because of a delayed response, but also don't respond unprepared either. Hence the firearm with a sufficient amount of ammo (with a light either mounted or not, but with a light)

Lots of variables to consider. Since the configuration of my house is set up like a tunnel of death 25 feet long connecting two wings. Basically I secure the 1 wing with the family in it and the thought process is the potential invaders can either walk through a wall of bullets getting to our wing, or they can remain on the other wing and hopefully leave or get caught by police.

No point exposing yourself uneccessarily unless you are acting to defend life of a family member (some may say dog too)
No matter how satisfying it may seem to plug the home invader on the other side of your house. If your family is all safe on the side of the house you are on and the bad guy is on the other side of the house. That is the best case scenario. Because even if you do respond and do win the potential gunfight. Any bullets fired from the invader would likely be in the general direction of you and or your family. The less bullets flying through the air the better.

Not every house is designed the same way though. You have to keep in mind the layout of your dwelling and where your people are going to be in relation to where the intruder could be.

There are new details coming out about the deputy killed here in Washington the other day of course drugs THANKS JAY AND PATTY AND ALL THE OTHER LIBRALS drugs are cool drug addicts make for good Democrat votes but good guys get killed because of them F#$@+ THESES PEOPLE WHEN THEY CRAWL THROUGH THE WINDOW OF MY HOUSE 2 IN THE HEAD MAKE SURE THERE DEAD

(I am not to open up the can of worms; it is typically far superior to call an on-duty LEO to do the area check. In my area that hasn't worked, many times. TWICE in the last year a neighbor was yelling at the top of his lungs, "I AM GOING TO F*^&*&^ KILL YOU" and everybody in the neighborhood heard the yelling threats.

My suggestion would be to go in the house and turn up the TV, draw the shades, lock the door, and deploy your favorite fighting gun. If by chance the police knock on your door tell them you were taking a nap and have nothing to add.

(I am not to open up the can of worms; it is typically far superior to call an on-duty LEO to do the area check. In my area that hasn't worked, many times. TWICE in the last year a neighbor was yelling at the top of his lungs, "I AM GOING TO F*^&*&^ KILL YOU" and everybody in the neighborhood heard the yelling threats.

My suggestion would be to go in the house and turn up the TV, draw the shades, lock the door, and deploy your favorite fighting gun. If by chance the police knock on your door tell them you were taking a nap and have nothing to add.

That works unless it is 530AM, as was the case during this call.

And regardless, if the average response time is one hour, at least that gives me plenty of time to get my favorite defense guns out, since, with a one hour response time, I am pretty much on my own. Crazy to think that the response time is so long, since I am no less than a block from the fire department and 1.5 miles from the freeway, 2 gas stations and 4 miles from downtown Woodinville.

And regardless, if the average response time is one hour, at least that gives me plenty of time to get my favorite defense guns out, since, with a one hour response time, I am pretty much on my own. Crazy to think that the response time is so long, since I am no less than a block from the fire department and 1.5 miles from the freeway, 2 gas stations and 4 miles from downtown Woodinville.
I see the problem here. No donut shop nearby.

I wouldn't use that...

I'd use THIS.
20171213_235432.jpg
Blast deflector not yet fitted, but that's TWO 40-round PMags ready to rumble... if its 12.5" bigger-brother goes forward from "concept" into "build" it'll be packin' two 40's with +5 extensions on the brace, two more on the siderail and two D60 drums between the magwell and a "foregrip" carrier behind the AFG.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top