JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you voluntarily let the FBI search your home

• If the FBI wants to search my home they better have a warrant

Votes: 113 80.1%
  • No - but only because they wouldn't find anything and I don't want them to waste their time

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • I could be talked into it if the circumstances were right

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Of course; I've got nothing to hide

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
How hard would FBI need to search to see that you have any of the following and to note it? A "hunting/gun" room, a reloading press, more than 1k total of ammo, any sign of more than 5 guns, a "stocked" pantry/ more than 5 days of food and water, books or other material than may suggest a "survivalist" mindset or anything else their training might notice. The only thing I have to hide is my own privacy!

I'd worry less about those things.. Moreso in this case.

Say you have pictures of a nephew, grand child, ect in your house. Maybe they look like the kid that is missing, and they start to profile you because of pictures that any normal person would put up.

I find that much more likely.

I wouldn't let them search without a warrant, why would anyone? You as the home owner already know that the kid is not there, so why would you let them in?

If they knock on the door of the person that has the kid he isn't going to let them in so this is pointless.

I totally agree with you ... I would look in all the nooks and crannies of my home and then I would tell them the kid is not there or if by any chance find him under my house I would safely return him to his parents. I would do the search of my house as soon as I would hear the news that a kid in my neighborhood was missing. I actually experienced this once: one morning while working on my computer, I see 4 police officers and a sheriff with a dog lurking around my house, on my property. By the time I was downstairs to ask them politely what are they doing on my property, they already entered my garage without my permission. I got out and I asked what are they doing there? They told me they were looking for a dangerous fugitive that might have been hiding in the neighborhood. I took my gun (that has a light an laser), got out and looked under my deck ... Although they saw me with the gun, they didn't say anything, I suppose because they entered my property without having a warrant. They actually looked at my little Viridian XL5 light and laser and liked it. That's it. They left and they gave me a business card with a name and a phone number to call if I see something going on. I presume in these situations, you should co-operate but you shouldn't let them infringe your rights.

It's actually legal in that situation since they were in pursuit of a suspect. In the case of the missing kid they could not do that as they have no clue where he is. I suspect if they really had credible evidence the kid was in a certain house that they would not need a warrant to search the house.

I forget if any evidence they find in a pursuit of a suspect is legally viable in court, I think it is if the suspect runs into their own home and the cops find something. I am not sure otherwise

I wouldn't let them search without a warrant, why would anyone? You as the home owner already know that the kid is not there, so why would you let them in?

If they knock on the door of the person that has the kid he isn't going to let them in so this is pointless.

EXACTLY! The ultimate result of which is a waste of SAR efforts.

I would let the local police search under those circumstances, but no Feds without a warrant! I've been a LEO too long to believe the FBI or the ATF, trust me, they're not here to "help you"

Agreed. I've worked as a federal LEO, and trust me, your rights will be blatantly violated if you don't know them, and often, even if you do. NEVER let anyone in without a warrant!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top