JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you voluntarily let the FBI search your home

• If the FBI wants to search my home they better have a warrant

Votes: 113 80.1%
  • No - but only because they wouldn't find anything and I don't want them to waste their time

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • I could be talked into it if the circumstances were right

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Of course; I've got nothing to hide

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
Reactions
I was watching the news last night and there is a local boy (Kyron) that has gone missing. The FBI has been called in and they were doing door to door voluntary home searches for clues.

It got me wondering if I'd be willing to let the FBI into my home to do a search.

Frankly I'm not sure. I don't have anything to hide or any contraband that could unintentionally get me into trouble and on the other hand I really don't want the government in my home any more than necessary.

How about you? Would you let the FBI search your home for a missing child from the neighborhood?

I might get lashed on for this :eek: but in this situation yes. If they are trying to find a child and letting them in speeds up this process by checking one more house off the list so be it.

I would let the local police search under those circumstances, but no Feds without a warrant! I've been a LEO too long to believe the FBI or the ATF, trust me, they're not here to "help you"

I wouldn't even let the local police do a search, unless they brought a neighbor of mine, that I knew, with them, and the neighbor said "I saw the kid crawl under your house." Even then, I'd question the neighbor to make sure it wasn't a really big raccoon.

I'm an in the moment kind of person. If there was a search for a missing child going on in my neighborhood I would allow a walk thru by the FBI. I don't have anything to hide. I've worked in search and rescue before as well, so maybe I'm just more comfortable with this than some. I'm also not worried about protecting my rights in this case.

man, thats a sad story. I would go insane if one of my kids was missing. Too many sickos in this world. I guess thats why I stack rounds now.:s0155:

I wouldn't let them search without a warrant, why would anyone? You as the home owner already know that the kid is not there, so why would you let them in?

If they knock on the door of the person that has the kid he isn't going to let them in so this is pointless.

I don't have a big place so if there was somebody hiding, I would know.

Papers please???

I wouldn't let them search without a warrant, why would anyone? You as the home owner already know that the kid is not there, so why would you let them in?

If they knock on the door of the person that has the kid he isn't going to let them in so this is pointless.

BINGO!! And we have a winna!

Clues? to what? from whom? You let them into your home and they see ANYTHING they can take you in. No matter how obscure, etc. You let them into the home, gave permission and you bear the consequences.

Even if your neighbor saw the kid climb under your home, they have time to get a warrant to search the home for specific items/people only. It protects you and them. Especially YOU.

After an illegal search by local sheriff dept when my aunt attempted suicide and they searched and raped the house taking guns and implying my family were criminals for having a pre ban MAK 90 and 1k rounds laying around ...

No.

No warrant. No enter. No way

FBI, or otherwise.

Not without a guarantee that they would not pursue any minor crimes based on evidence in plain sight.

I have nothing major to hide, no drugs, no dead bodies. But I don't know all the laws, and theres a possibility that I am breaking a stupid law at some point in my daily life.

I don't think I'd want to ask them that. So no.

The thing is, a Search Warrant is specific about what can be searched or seized for analysis, and limited to just what the Judge allowed. If you let them in without a warrant they can grab anything they see and take it away for "analysis", like your guns or computers or discs. They are certainly interested in your browsing history to see whether you might be a pedophile or terrorist!

Law enforcement is not evil, but they certainly consider everyone "guilty-until-proved-innocent." Demanding a warrant for a search emphatically states that you are innocent UNTIL and UNLESS you are proved guilty!

The very idea those cops seem to have about the missing kid being stashed in someone's house without their knowledge is preposterous, and a stupid waste of time. It is sad how they are grasping at straws. Sure, if you have a big farm with lots of disused out-buildings to look into it might make sense. But searching the homes of innocent citizens is just.............unjust......................elsullo :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top