JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even at that, my 6'1" 220 pound shell is considered overweight by doctor's charts
Whoa, you are taking up way to much space there chubbo. All joking aside though, you hit the nail on the head about not eating after 7, and just learning to ignore the hungry feelings. I've read a few articles that assert that one of the reasons the US was so much skinnier up until the 80's is that parents enforced the 'no snacking after dinner/between meals' rule and the habit stuck with the kids into adulthood

Wow! What a dumpster fire!

Girlfriend and I were headed back to Pullman area from Seattle yesterday and decided to stop at the Burger King in Othello. Had a weekend of non-keto debauchery and decided to finish it up with a Whopper and onion rings.

Walked in and there were three customers in front of us.

First, was a family of Hispanics. Mom, dad, and three young kids. Then a single Hispanic woman, and a tall white guy.

Entire restaurant was filled with Hispanics and the kitchen and all employees were all Hispanic and speaking nothing but Spanish.

One young Hispanic girl with a lazy eye working the counter.

We waited about ten minutes for her to finish taking the order from the family. The tall white guy gave up and walked out.

We gave our order after another couple minutes of her trying to help the single gal. Meanwhile, another lady came in that had gone through the drive-thru and complained that they forgot some items for her order and instead of apologizing, the guy working the window started arguing with her, then realized the items were sitting by the window.

Got our order in, and went and filled our drink cups and realized that there were no straws.

Went to the counter and stood there for a couple of minutes while everyone behind the counter avoided eye contact. Gave up and went back to our table.

Our order number was called out, in Spanish, (my girlfriend is Mexican and recognized it) so I went up to the counter and took the tray that was just left there. I said very loudly that I needed some straws and was told angrily that they had filled them. Looked over and yep, they had.

Went over and grabbed some straws and went to get ketchup. Ketchup dispenser was empty.

Went back to the counter and had to shout again to get someone to acknowledge me to get some ketchup.

Took the tray back to our table and noticed that the garbage was overflowing, there was trash everywhere, and it was just a dirty and unkempt place.

Ate our food, which was actually made properly, and got the heck out of there.

Did a Yelp review and slammed them and noticed much of the other reviews also noted the incredibly slow service.

I've seen the same thing but even worse at Jack in the box in Beaverton by Farmington road . 12 noon and a line of people ,nobody at all was taking are orders . When i finally received my order My Dog spit the food out that he begged for , (No joke. ) I pack my lunch now. service and food was better when these places paid 3.00 a hour vrs 15.00

Listen to bbbass - he knows what he's posting about!

Thanx Manny! I relate from my own life experiences, from what I've learned doing research to conquer diabetes, from failures, from trying and also from giving up. The food thing is hard for some of us. I applaud whatever works for people, but having done both Atkin's, The Carb Addicts Diet, and Death to Diabetes, and had rebound effect, I'm very leery of anything Keto. Atkin's was proven to be dangerous to stay on... having zero carbs over more than two weeks really jammed people up.

Too many people eat just for pleasure, even when they aren't really hungry. To me, food is just something I need to survive. I'm ok feeling hungry, and I don't need to run out and stuff myself full of food every few hours. I eat one large meal a day, that's it. A small amount of protein in the evening and I'm good. No food past 7. If I'm a little hungry after 7? Blah, I'll live. Even at that, my 6'1" 220 pound shell is considered overweight by doctor's charts. But at 44, I've managed to never have a roll over my belt.

I can relate because a my wife and a former supervisor have/had your "food is just something I need to survive" thinking. It worked/works for them, and I am amazed at the discipline they have. My wife was raised on a farm, and they grew and ate that food, only. Not much store bought food at all, and zero trips to restaurants, zero fast food at the popular burger drive-in in town. My family did not overeat, but we relished food... all kinds of food. My dad made super duper breakfast on weekends with bacon, eggs, and fresh hashbrowns; or eggs and panckakes and sausage. He loved homemade brownies and cookies. Sometimes we ate at restaurants... breakfast, or Mexican, or pizza, or Chinese... it was always a special treat and we loved it. We also got to eat at the local burger joint, later a McD built there, and drove about 20 min to have foot long chili dogs.

I got mono when I was 15 turning 16 and my 6' frame dropped down to 120lbs. The docs wanted me to put some weight back on so they prescribed burgers, fries, and milk shakes. I never got over that habit and always craved food when I tried to restrict myself. Turning 18 and having a high paying wage with AT&T allowed me to eat what I wanted. 2 Big Macs, with fries, no problem!! Maybe it's a weakness, some people do ok managing those cravings, some people don't. I had a ferocious after lunchtime candy bar habit when I worked on the road. It was a killer to break.

I was never very good at most forms of self-discipline. They call it lack of impulse control and OCD, and sometimes call it "the addictive mind". People like me usually become addicts of one sort or another (even to exercise, or just coffee), and also can easily become criminals.

Last Edited:
Is it just me, or does it appear that everything from BK looks like it was sat on? Its like the final person in the assembly line is the sitter.

Dang!

I should know better than to sip on my hot tea while reading a thread. I am laughing and coughing here.

Cate

I saw an ad for Fox Lumber out in Gaston for lumber production workers. $ 13 an hour to start with bonus's for good attendance and work ethic. :eek::eek::eek:

Then down in the listing I saw...wait for it....get this .... " Felony Friendly Workplace".

Around here they are begging felons to work now.
Many have not been alive long enough to see unemployment levels this low. Places are BEGGING for workers. It's the main reason some have so much hate for the guy in the top spot right now. Min wage in this state is 13 or 14 an hour now.

Dang!

I should know better than to sip on my hot tea while reading a thread. I am laughing and coughing here.

Cate
I long ago learned to be careful with this site for the same reason. Also often fun at work. I will be in the office all alone, start laughing like I'm at some comedy show. People walking by are looking at me like "what the hell is he on in there?" :)

What Joe said about food. Stop eating at fast food joints and you will :

1. Be more healthy.
2. Not have to deal with the brain deads that work there.
3. Not have to go into questionable buildings with sick people there.

Americans love their fast food. I have a severely compromised digestive system. No large intestine. I have to be very careful how I eat and how much I eat. Over the years I have gotten if figured out pretty good. On our road trip back from Central Oregon yesterday, we had sliced turkey, some crackers and cheese. We could eat that on the road. Of course we had to stop at DQ in Stayton for blizzards.

You need to spend just a bit more on food both at the store and out if you want quality. You will never find anything worth eating at ANY fast food place. It is low end, low quality crap.

When I was young and single I often lived on fast food. Don't know if it changed or I did. I VERY seldom eat it now and when I do it has to be I have not had anything to eat in a long time and home is a long way off. It just does not do it for my any more which is good I guess. One exception is those damn apple pies at McD's. If Wife and I are out and she wants to stop at one of those that is all I want. Those for some reason I really like. Then a while ago co worker of mine brought me in this iced coffee thing they make. Carmel Frap he called it. Damn things was SUPER good. So good I was shocked it could come from a McD. Told him I have to remember that next time Wife just has to stop at one for something. Coffee and a pie for me :)

Who says 18" of butt crack isn't "juicy'? Their parachute shorts say so.

That is something I for the life of me will never "get". I am a leg and A$$ man, always have been. When those Yoga pants hit I thought it was the greatest thing I had ever seen, FOR THOSE THEY FIT!!!! I mean if you have it, and want to show it off, fine with me. Why so many cows think that by using some form of hydraulics to stretch them over something no one wants to see is "sexy or cute" is beyond me. It's like what the hell are they seeing when they look in the mirror at that?

To continue the thread drift, I for one don't mind an able bodied felon willing to work. In my manuel-labor-doin' younger days I worked with a few. Some great workers, some not so much. Statistically probably about the same as the "upstanding" guys in the employee pool.
I really don't care if a guy sold some weed 10 years ago or (gasp) possessed an 80% lower in 2019 as long as he shows up on time and does the job well today. Chimos and inmate personalities obviously the exceptions.

And Othello still sucks. Stating my opinions on that particular situation would likely be perceived as horribly racist.

I too have trouble understanding why so much hate for working felons. If they pulled some kind of stupid screw up and paid the price, and now want to work for a living, why the hell not? I always thought that was supposed to be the idea, rehabilitate and all. Now obviously a lot of them do NOT want to join society. Those I have little use for. Damn when I look back at some of the insanely stupid stuff I did as a kid I keep thinking it's amazing I did not end up in real trouble.

If you knew me, the last words you'd probably use to describe me is progressive or bleeding heart ;). Simply stating that reliable workers can be hard to find in the trenches. If an ex-con wants to show up every day and pull green chain, swing a hammer, or flip burgers I'm all for it. Less of my dollars that he'll suckle off some government "rehabilitation" program. Maybe I won't have to feed his kids either.
I'm not the judge or parole board so I have no say in who is free or locked up. I totally agree that more should never see daylight and prison time should be unpleasant enough to be an actual deterrent. But once they're out I'd rather have them making than taking.
And as far as vets go (discharged in any manner), I've worked with some useless wastes from the military also.
Seriously, being a vet or felon or deacon or "genius" does not guarantee or disqualify one from being a viable worker. That's all I'm getting at.

While I VERY much love any who serve I have worked with some amazingly stupid Vets. I hear it's changed now but it used to be common for people who had an IQ in single digits and no motivation to get in and serve decades before being forced out. I have several times ended up with some who did "life" and walked with the pension. They were amazingly stupid and unable to learn the most simple tasks. They obviously had some job in the service that took zero brain power and when they are finally forced out into the real world they are lost.

That is something I for the life of me will never "get". I am a leg and A$$ man, always have been. When those Yoga pants hit I thought it was the greatest thing I had ever seen, FOR THOSE THEY FIT!!!! I mean if you have it, and want to show it off, fine with me. Why so many cows think that by using some form of hydraulics to stretch them over something no one wants to see is "sexy or cute" is beyond me. It's like what the hell are they seeing when they look in the mirror at that?

Me too!!! I try real hard not to stare, turn my head and follow some of those lovely setups. - Mouth Breather

Just last week I was talking about this latest tread of overweight fems to show their "stuff"... I called it 10lbs of sch!t in a 1lb sack...

There's some sort of philosophy by some women of: "Yes, I'm hugely fat, but I've been bamboozled (probably by elegantly thin women) into thinking I should be proud of it" so I'm going to parade my revolting obesity as a badge of honor while the thin laugh and laugh at my foolishness!

Fatties, get those moo-moos on, hide your repellent avoirdupois you hideous land whales.

P.S. This also applies to land whale males too, though I don't want to see them in moo moos, yuck!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews