JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yah, I thought we were talking about poor service. Now it's like watching "The View" or Dr. Oz. You know what, my brother lectures me constantly about my diet and lack of exercise. Yet he has exercised himself into about 10 operations over the years. Now he's a vegan. And has developed Parkinson's. Ya never know folks.... if eating healthy pleases you, go for it. But my mom and brother were panicked about my dad's McDonalds trips when he was diagnosed with fatty liver... I told them to leave him alone. Restricting his diet might buy him 1 or 2 miserable, suffering years.

As long as it's not a daily trip for FF, live!!! BFD.

Yeah, I love the keto diet and it works. Went on a bender last weekend and it's amazing how much difference it makes when you starting eating crap again. Lots of gas, stomach cramps, lethargy, irritability, don't sleep as well, etc.

Cutting out breads, desserts, and sugars is the real deal.

When min wage burger flipping is a now considered career instead of a part time job for teenagers, should we truly expect anything but apathy?

When college grads can only find jobs flipping burgers, it's sad. When people aspire to a career flipping burgers, it's even sadder. But guess what, they could be promoted to manager! :rolleyes:

A couple weeks ago, I was heading back from taking the fam to the beach for spring break and we hit a Wendy's in PDX. Between the bums begging for $$$, and the bums with the heroin pukes in the bathroom, I thought it was a perfect experience to teach the chillens to stay in school and dont do drugs.

During another trip to see doctor in Walla Walla, at 6am there was a bum passed out against the trash can right in from of McD. Looked like an overdose, and later we heard an ambulance. The world is encroaching on our little corner of paradise!!

I make what I used to think was pretty good money. My mortgage payment is only $600 a month, my car is paid for, and I still seem to run out of money between paychecks.

$14 an hour is not a livable wage in this area. Thanks to the colleges here, the median income is around $33k while the median home price is the highest in Idaho at around $280k.

A married couple both making $15 an hour can make it, but not a single guy like me.

I had to close my business practices due to health problems. Went back to work that I have an education and 40yrs experience doing RF communications and tower work... made $15 an hour before I was laid off 6yrs ago. Supported my wife with my income of $31,200... now we make $22,000 total. If not for a low mortgage payment of $350, we wouldn't be able to make it. We scrape by... life goes on.

American food takes longer to prepare and those gringos have to have it all just right.
Very difficult job.

Good thing it's not Florida or Georgia, they kill ya over not putting a tomato on your burger!!!

Fast food snobbery is...kinda girly...yes, a double meat cheeseburger for me and some rabbit food for my metro friends, who're trying to keep their girlish figures doncha know?

(what, you think you're gonna live longer because you eat like an anorectic 14 year old girl?)

Sorry, you're crapping out when it's time anyway...eat up or not...oh, and fries too with my order!

^^^THIS^^^

Oh, just saw the felony friendly recruiting tactic.

The non-felon employees must just love that....but who cares about them?

They can all eventually leave cuz for some odd reason they don't want to work in that environment and then the business can have an 'all felon' employee roster.

That's just a terrifically progressive idea, what with the fact all those convicted felons were innocent, poor things...yep, each and every one can be trusted to 'always' do the right thing...

Folks don't want to work today anyway. All they can get is felons. Nobody wants to pull green chain at the lumber mill, but felons got fines to pay off!!!

When college grads can only find jobs flipping burgers, it's sad. When people aspire to a career flipping burgers, it's even sadder. But guess what, they could be promoted to manager! :rolleyes:

My son started working as a busboy at 16, then made prep cook, then regular cook at a restaurant in Arizona. He loves cooking. Now he works for Facebook in their cafeteria and makes around $22 an hour making Wagyu beef hamburgers and gourmet pizzas for the execs and staff.

Lifestyle change?

Not for long for just about 99.9% (yep, I made up that percentage, but if not completely accurate, close...) of life style change has as about as much as happening as New Years resolutions...

To continue the thread drift, I for one don't mind an able bodied felon willing to work. In my manuel-labor-doin' younger days I worked with a few. Some great workers, some not so much. Statistically probably about the same as the "upstanding" guys in the employee pool.
I really don't care if a guy sold some weed 10 years ago or (gasp) possessed an 80% lower in 2019 as long as he shows up on time and does the job well today. Chimos and inmate personalities obviously the exceptions.

And Othello still sucks. Stating my opinions on that particular situation would likely be perceived as horribly racist.

Or, once you realize the place was less than savory, leave.

That you dared eat the food is a testament to your gastro-intestinal bravery or something...

ZA's idea has merit and if you follow his advice - please post the followup results.

I was thinking the same thing. I would have to be starving to eat food at a place that looked like that. You can just imagine what the parts of the place you can't see look like. No thanks.

"Went on a bender last weekend and it's amazing how much difference it makes when you starting eating crap again. (by that I guess you mean 'real food') Lots of gas, stomach cramps, lethargy, irritability, don't sleep as well, etc."

You're arguing to stay 'off' the keto (whatever that is and nah, not interested enough to look up another fad diet...that won't last)

Going on a bender?

Why?

Because fad diets 'don't' work except in the very short run, if they did no 'bender' (and I assume you mean food, not booze) would've occurred.

notaz,

Love your progressive altitude (yes, deliberately misspelled for a little levity) towards supposedly ex-criminals.

I know it's all the rage to welcome back to the societal fold all those poor ex-cons, hey, let em vote and have all the guns they want, but I wonder if those with a 'dishonorable discharge' from the military were also mistreated innocents too?

Me, I think felons tore up and threw away their societal rights when they decided to become criminals and not some variety of rather benign crime either, but seriously savage monsters that should never see the light of day again except for the exsanguinating cardiac muscle types...who view criminals as downtrodden poor darlings, ah, until they're victimized, surprise!!

"Went on a bender last weekend and it's amazing how much difference it makes when you starting eating crap again. (by that I guess you mean 'real food') Lots of gas, stomach cramps, lethargy, irritability, don't sleep as well, etc."

You're arguing to stay 'off' the keto (whatever that is and nah, not interested enough to look up another fad diet...that won't last)

Going on a bender?

Why?

Because fad diets 'don't' work except in the very short run, if they did no 'bender' (and I assume you mean food, not booze) would've occurred.

No idea what you're trying to say or if just trying to be insulting, generally?

What Is the Ketogenic Diet? The Keto Diet Explained

What is the ketogenic diet?
Originally developed to treat epilepsy in the 1920s, the keto diet was found to be effective in treating that and more, and is prescribed as a method of treating a variety of other conditions. Then, the potential benefits of getting lean caught the attention of people in the fitness industry, leading to research and studies on how this diet could be used to help people lose weight.

Keto is not a "fad diet". It is basically just avoiding carbohydrates. I've been doing it since last October and lost 30+ lbs. in two months. Since December, I have been just eating normally and avoiding bad foods high in carbs. Ate a bunch of bad food last weekend.

You are on a diet. Everyone is on a diet. We make choices every day as to what types of food we eat and how much. Disparaging someone for having a weekend of unhealthy eating and declaring their normal choices of food as a "fad" seems disingenuous.

No idea what you're trying to say or if just trying to be insulting, generally?

What Is the Ketogenic Diet? The Keto Diet Explained

What is the ketogenic diet?
Originally developed to treat epilepsy in the 1920s, the keto diet was found to be effective in treating that and more, and is prescribed as a method of treating a variety of other conditions. Then, the potential benefits of getting lean caught the attention of people in the fitness industry, leading to research and studies on how this diet could be used to help people lose weight.

Keto is not a "fad diet". It is basically just avoiding carbohydrates. I've been doing it since last October and lost 30+ lbs. in two months. Since December, I have been just eating normally and avoiding bad foods high in carbs. Ate a bunch of bad food last weekend.

You are on a diet. Everyone is on a diet. We make choices every day as to what types of food we eat and how much. Disparaging someone for having a weekend of unhealthy eating and declaring their normal choices of food as a "fad" seems disingenuous.

Cant fix ignorance if it doesn't want to be fixed;).

I am pretty sure it's called something else at that point but there's no good way to post that and still 'be excellent to everyone':p:D.

It is pretty sad to see people who think eating healthy is rabbit food and it will only prolong a miserableness life a few years. (I'd be willing to bet I eat more animal protein then just about anyone in this thread and I don't fret the fat and actually add it to my meals lol).

I plan on living to a very old age so I plan my life that way the best I can.

I was raised on fast food places. Arctic Circle came to be Arctic Circle Restaurants - Wikipedia . In my home town of Midvale Ut we had one just down the road. Still headquartered there. Mom and dad both worked full time so burgers and fries were had for dinner on a regular basis. I discovered Mcdees in SoCal as we visited relatives a time or two a year there. The Big Mac was the best thing I ever tasted. We had Dee's Family restaurants and drive ins in Utah. Dee's Drive-In - Wikipedia Sometime in the '70s Burger King came to Utah. That was the new best thing ever tasted. "Whataburger" came along near where I worked. Crazy good. Man, I've eaten so much fast food in my life. I don't eat at those places very often anymore. A quick small burger every couple of weeks, if that. Once every two months a Big Mac/Jumbo Jack combo, maybe. The problem is their food has become so expensive, and the quality of the burgers/fries are like a flip of a coin. 50% chance it will suck. The more of the stupid commercials showing these wonderful looking creations VS what it looks like when you actually get one to eat, makes me say "Nah" when I'm hungry and get the urge to buy something from those crap holes.

notaz,

Love your progressive altitude (yes, deliberately misspelled for a little levity) towards supposedly ex-criminals.

I know it's all the rage to welcome back to the societal fold all those poor ex-cons, hey, let em vote and have all the guns they want, but I wonder if those with a 'dishonorable discharge' from the military were also mistreated innocents too?

Me, I think felons tore up and threw away their societal rights when they decided to become criminals and not some variety of rather benign crime either, but seriously savage monsters that should never see the light of day again except for the exsanguinating cardiac muscle types...who view criminals as downtrodden poor darlings, ah, until they're victimized, surprise!!
If you knew me, the last words you'd probably use to describe me is progressive or bleeding heart ;). Simply stating that reliable workers can be hard to find in the trenches. If an ex-con wants to show up every day and pull green chain, swing a hammer, or flip burgers I'm all for it. Less of my dollars that he'll suckle off some government "rehabilitation" program. Maybe I won't have to feed his kids either.
I'm not the judge or parole board so I have no say in who is free or locked up. I totally agree that more should never see daylight and prison time should be unpleasant enough to be an actual deterrent. But once they're out I'd rather have them making than taking.
And as far as vets go (discharged in any manner), I've worked with some useless wastes from the military also.
Seriously, being a vet or felon or deacon or "genius" does not guarantee or disqualify one from being a viable worker. That's all I'm getting at.

My son started working as a busboy at 16, then made prep cook, then regular cook at a restaurant in Arizona. He loves cooking. Now he works for Facebook in their cafeteria and makes around $22 an hour making Wagyu beef hamburgers and gourmet pizzas for the execs and staff.

That's a lot different than aspiring to be a manager at a McD. I don't disparage cooks/chefs. One of my high screwl buddies loved cooking, eventually became a chef with his own business in Lake Tahoe, retired at 50 with a home in Tahoe, and a winter home in Mexico on the Pacific Coast. We used to love it when he catered our college parties... great stuff! Congrats to your kiddo!!

Cant fix ignorance if it doesn't want to be fixed

Labeling naysayers and skeptics is also ignorant/arrogant. I've heard plenty of dieticians proclaim that Keto is a fad diet and is also unhealthy to stay on, similar to the Atkins diet. Most professional dieticians will tell a person to eat fairly normally, but a balanced diet of nutricious foods, and eat less (because we all overeat). They will say that one can have a blow it meal once in awhile, and then get back to normal eating habits. IIRC it is much harder to get back to a trend diet.

IMO Keto will go the way of The Mediterranean Diet, The South Beach Diet, The Atkins Diet, The Carb Addicts Diet, The Nutrisystem Diet, The Mayo Clinic Diet, The Paleo Diet, The MIND Diet, The Fruitarian Diet, The Kangatarian Diet, The 5:2 Diet, The Cookie Diet, The Maker's Diet, The Hacker's Diet, The Inedia Diet, The Dukan Diet, The Kimkins Diet, The Ideal Protein Diet, The Stillman Diet, The Beverly Hills Diet, The Grapefruit Diet, The Cabbage Soup Diet, The Subway Diet (leads to chimo), The Monotrophic Diet, The Master Cleanse Diet, or any of 100 or more... need I go on? I highly recommend that if one wants to eat healthy, do so in consultation with a professional, not somebody that has a book, infomercial, website, or supplements.

A person that gets their diet prescribed via reading a book, or watching TV, or worse yet, from the health food and health supplement industry, is unconsciously ignorant IMO. At the very least, misinformed. The garbage/info those sources peddle has been debunked many times over. Read sometime the analysis of websites like Healthnutnews.com, it's pretty scary what those liars are advising... follow the green, it's all about making $$$. Books on diets sell, vitamin supplements sell. I know, my wife buys enough supplements each month that we can barely afford to eat.

For my medical conditions, I do need to eat less carbs. I'm also supposed to eat less fat. I'm also supposed to eat less protein. Yeah, that leaves cardboard tasting veggies.

If you are saddened by my saying to leave me alone to live happy for a few more years, like my dad did, that's my biz alone. Too durned bad. I've had diabetes for 15 years and I'm still here, still walking around. I don't need somebody looking down on me for unhealthy eating. Food snobs like one of my so-called friends... I bet I outlive him!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

When today's trends take fruit, I probably don't want to be here anyway.

Signed,

Mouth Breather

Last Edited:
A person that gets their diet prescribed via reading a book, or watching TV, or worse yet, from the health food and health supplement industry, is unconsciously ignorant IMO. The garbage/info those sources peddle has been debunked many times over. Read sometime the analysis of websites like Healthnutnews.com, it's pretty scary what those liars are advising... follow the green, it's all about making $$$

*** Full disclosure, this is long and not on topic exactly (also I like you and would like a chance to give a rebuttal so that there isn't any bad blood between us and anyone I may have offended):

I do respect your right to do as you like. I didn't intend to belittle you (or anyone) for choices you make, but it does make me unhappy to hear people that are happy in a lifestyle that imo is probably unhealthy.

Part of that comes from working in a gym where we try to help people improve their quality of life and hopefully lengthen it. I can't help but feel sad, not sorry for you, that so many people have diabetes (I currently have type 2 diabetes so I know but it is reversing and if it continues then I will not be and will eventually kick being pre diabetic - all from lifestyle change that has included food changes and excersise).

I watched my grandmother suffer from unchecked diabetes and now my dad who keeps Mason jars full of candy next to his recliner and has diabetic stains almost up to his knees because he refuses to change how he lives - but ultimately it is his choice.

Keto is absolutely a fad right now with all of the 'supplement' companies producing "keto friendly" products. I've bought a grand total of zero of those products and do not believe they are needed (I eat whole foods and nothing that has been processed to change the original form of the food) - minus one book from a couple on YouTube to help support them after finding their recipes to be both satisfying and tasty after trying them.

However, I do not think being a fad makes it a bad way to eat. For almost all of mankinds existance we have ate basically what the keto diet is and the people that bad mouth it are generally the ones that stand to loose money if people start eating that way (Julian Michaels comes to mind - she and all the other 'reduce calories and eat a balanced meal' people are in direct competition and have almost polar opposite beliefs and stand to loose their entire livelyhood if proven wrong).

I'm not that old but even when I was a kid there wasn't such a thing as child diabetes - it's a thing now. I find it highly suspicious that most doctors continue to prescribe the 'American diet' with the food pyramid I grew up with and no one gets better from it. If you want to follow money (which I think is wise) then why do doctors put you on medications that don't fix you, they only continue to kill you slowly? Then give you more medications to combat the side effects of the other meds they gave you and on it goes on forever.

I have done so much research on keto and listened to many opinions and facts to make an informed decision and also have known so many people (including a highschool friend that is in better shape now then we were 25 years ago as teens working out 3-6 times a day) that started keto years ago and are still doing it because it works and doesn't restrict anything but carbs.

There are essential Protiens and essential Fats for a human to live. There is not an essential carb and we didn't eat things like oats/wheat until very recently in our long history on the earth.

Now I could be proven wrong in time but between the drastic change for the better of my blood glucose levels and the effortless weight loss I have experienced with no negative side effects or shelling out tons of money (which I do not have) on 'keto' branded 'aids', it is a nutrition choice that I see no problem in being able to stick with permanently.

I do not crave sugar or food like I have most of my life. I eat at regular intervals to continue to lower my BCL and I stop eating when I'm full - I don't count calories and I eat a bunch but not nearly what I used to.

In the end I am not an expert and realize what works for some may not work for others but the science behind ketogenisis is solid with real proof it works and not a money making theory. Are people taking advantage because it's getting popular? Yup, absolutely.

"but it does make me unhappy to hear people that are happy in a lifestyle that imo is probably unhealthy."

Ah, ok...that's a bit disturbing to read...

If others are happy in what I'm guessing you consider poor food/health choices, would you agree it's their choice, even if you disagree with those choices?

Recall Bloomberg forcing his dietary imposition on the size of soft drinks New Yorker's could make cuz he was unhappy with other people's soft drink size choice?

Once in a great while I consume massive quantities of ice cream cuz it makes me massively happy.

My longevity or lack is my choice.

Some would argue guns will shorten everyone else's life so they're bad, mkay?

Were I too hear someone telling me my choices isn't there's - take a wild guess as to what I'd tell em?

I've been told by smokers and drinkers and pot users that diet pop and fast food will kill me.

Just like the government, everybody wants to tell everybody else what they should be doing.
:s0146:

But the guys telling everybody else what to do, don't want anybody telling them what to do.
:s0013:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews