JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I should have worded my comment by not mentioning any specific group.

The point I was trying to convey is if a security perimeter is breached by any riotous mob, in a building containing the Vice President of America and hundreds of others, I would expect security to put their lives on the line rebuffing the intruders.

The same as I would expect if the building being breached had been the White House.

Do we know what is the "security perimeter" at the Capitol and in relation to the position of the protestors at the shooting? I haven't been briefed on that.

Remember, with the provision of having a pass, some parts of the building are open to visitors. I personally don't know what those areas are and which areas are considered higher security. Tho there are those that say that any entry w/o a pass is punishable by deadly force, I have to ask what is their expertise. I "presume"that the Speaker's Lobby is off limits to all but congress and MSM. But I'm not sure the building is strictly off limits like the White House would be.

Maybe if we alive someday. And even then...
View attachment 804847

Probably. Since it's the Feds/swamp.

But I did read the OR State Police trooper statements in the after-action report of the Finicum shooting when they were being officially " Interviewed" by the Deschutes Co. Sheriff investigator. In fact, it's still available last time I checked. Point being, they didn't think they had anything to hide. 'Cept the FBI... those guys lied.

Well, hindsight and all.

Perhaps they weren't afraid of Trump backers until it was too late. But I've read opinions that said this was foreseeable due to the commitment of counter protestors to show up. And when they do, there is always trouble.

Enquiring minds go "Hmmmmmm".

All of these Trumpers, were openly talking about it online through the usual social media channels.
I saw a news article about Ashli, and her social media posts leading up to this.
On Jan. 1, at the very least, she was already openly posting when they were all going to meet up at the Capitol. Doesn't take a rocket scientist, and these Trumpers weren't using back-channels.

Enquiring minds want to know where were the counter-protesters? Told to "stand-down"?
"We've given these guys the rope they need to hang themselves"

TODAY it's hard to prove that......
The mentality of an individual is always that of the group. And vis versa.

Thus...........you don't get free reign to act upon (say, with deadly force) the group. Even when you've made that assumption/conclusion in your own mind.

Otherwise.......

Say that there is a riot in the streets. The police have already announced that the gathering is illegal and in X minutes they will move to disburse the crowd. The time passes and the police deploy tear gas (note: less than lethal device) on the crowd.

The protest continues.......with some of them (perhaps/could be BLM or ANTIFA or maybe a hidden Proud Boy, etc...) throwing Molotov cocktails/or rocks, etc.... from behind the first line that is still shouting "No Justice. No Peace".

Humm......would/could the police say and be justified......IF.....they later claimed that they were in fear for their lives and opened fire on the "crowd"?

Rrrrright....as if everyone in the crowd is guilty (not even debating at this point that deadly force is even applicable). Well, the crowd was already given the opportunity to go home. But, it's NOT the fault of those NOT THROWING stuff. So, why'd you open fire on the crowd? People in the front get shot and injured before those in the back.

Should have used snipers? Or, special magic bullets that hop over innocent people and only strike the guilty? Yeah, Rrrright.

Think about it, while I take a music break. Note: I'm NOT saying that my description above is exactly what/how it happened in the music below.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
All of these Trumpers, were openly talking about it online through the usual social media channels.
I saw a new article about Ashli, and her social media posts leading up to this.
On Jan. 1, at the very least, she was already openly posting when they were all going to meet up at the Capitol. Doesn't take a rocket scientist, and these Trumpers weren't using back-channels.

Yes, I am aware that Ashli made no secret of her intentions. Yet that is one person out of thousands. How many others like her... IDK. But "All"... Nope. :mad:

Be careful when u write " All these Trumpers". Please define what you mean by "All"and "these". Otherwise you would seem to be painting with a hugely broad brush!!!

TODAY it's hard to prove that......
The mentality of an individual is always that of the group. And vis versa.

Thus...........you don't get free reign to act upon (say, with deadly force) the group. Even when you've made that assumption/conclusion in your own mind.

Otherwise.......

Say that there is a riot in the streets. The police have already announced that the gathering is illegal and in X minutes they will move to disburse the crowd. The time passes and the police deploy tear gas (note: less than lethal device) on the crowd.

The protest continues.......with some of them (perhaps/could be BLM or ANTIFA or maybe a hidden Proud Boy, etc...) throwing Molotov cocktails/or rocks, etc.... from behind the first line that is still shouting "No Justice. No Peace".

Humm......would/could the police say and be justified......IF.....they later claimed that they were in fear for their lives and opened fire on the "crowd"?

Rrrrright....as if everyone in the crowd is guilty (not even debating at this point that deadly force is even applicable). Well, the crowd was already given the opportunity to go home. But, it's NOT the fault of those NOT THROWING stuff, So, why'd you open fire on the crowd? People in the front get shot and injured before those in the back.

Should have used snipers? Or, special magic bullets that hop over innocent people and only strike the guilty? Yeah, Rrrright.

Think about it, while I take a music break. Note: I'm NOT saying that my description above is exactly what/how it happened in the music below.

Aloha, Mark

IMO it's a good analogy. Although to this day I'm still not clear on all the conflicting accounts of what happened in the incident in the song.

I want to chuckle. So I was thinking......

Wade into the crowd with riot shield and baton?

LOL......
Rrrright....
You've probably never been there and/or trained for the occasion. YES, I have. OMG!!!

Aloha, Mark

PS........a sacrificial lamb or playing stupid games or aspiring to be the next Tank Man?

Last Edited:
I don't know why......
But my thoughts on the Capitol Shooting has wandered to.......

"Storm Area 51"

Rrrrright.....
Area 51 is also a "RESTRICTED AREA". Yup.....and signs are posted, including signs that warn that Deadly Force is Authorized.

So?

Are there signs at the Capitol? Then IF......hundreds of the Storm Area 51 people were met with gunfire for TRESPASSING on/in the RESTRICTED AREA. Would Public opinion and Congress be so silent?

Oh wait.....there was ONLY ONE PERSON shot at the Capitol.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......

I actually was thinking the very same thing last night about Area 51 and the similarities and differences between the two and how you would deal with the threat.

You know how when the presidential candidates come to town and all road and airports and crap are shut down, even in the PNW? Makes you wonder how Barney Fife is the last line of defense on Capital Hill. I call BS.

You know how when the presidential candidates come to town and all road and airports and crap are shut down, even in the PNW? Makes you wonder how Barney Fife is the last line of defense on Capital Hill. I call BS.

Fog of war. Chaos. Pizz poor planning. Schit happens.

I heard that the evac order and process inside the Chamber was very poor and unprofessional. 3 people resigned as a result. But it may be that they had orders from Pelosi to stand down. Could be she wanted this to happen???

Did any of the "rioters" at the Capitol get caught with firearms? I suspect no, as the media would go nutz over that.
I bet there was definitely quite a few people hoping that someone would be stupid enough to bring a firearm

Did any of the "rioters" at the Capitol get caught with firearms? I suspect no, as the media would go nutz over that.
I bet there was definitely quite a few people hoping that someone would be stupid enough to bring a firearm

A few had firearms, as well as makeshift napalm

A few had firearms, as well as makeshift napalm

Thanks for that, a bit of clarity becomes apparent when the charges, based on law, are stated: "with knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful entry; violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds"
I guess that goes in line with "are signs posted stating these restrictions?" or are people just supposed to "know".

Thanks for that, a bit of clarity becomes apparent when the charges, based on law, are stated: "with knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful entry; violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds"
I guess that goes in line with "are signs posted stating these restrictions?" or are people just supposed to "know".

Honestly hard to tell if your being serious in the context of what happened, but I guess beyond all the barricades and locked doors and all that if you watch the video here there is a LEO telling everyone they are not allowed to be there, so there is that . . .

Honestly hard to tell if your being serious in the context of what happened, but I guess beyond all the barricades and locked doors and all that if you watch the video here there is a LEO telling everyone they are not allowed to be there, so there is that . . .

I was referring to previous statements.
Hard to tell if you seriously didn't realize I left open the possibility that there may be signs (and now I see verbal warnings/commands) that these people possibly violated.

I have always maintained that if the law existed, and they broke it, then that is that.
But, we need to approach all of this with skepticism because there has been significant uneven application/enforcement these last several months.

I will respect that laws were broken and people need to be held accountable. Maybe it's just that MSM hides what has happened to LW rioters, but I get the sense that they aren't being treated as harshly despite them having caused way more damage/destruction/death.

Hillary had THIS to say before the election results......

Acceptable huh?

But TRUMP lost.....thus, TRUMP's an @$$ and should accept defeat.

Aloha, Mark

Yes, I am aware that Ashli made no secret of her intentions.

Does anyone know what her specific intentions were? I assumed it was to prevent Joe from being confirmed, or at least to protest it - a righteous and Patriotic cause.

Sad that she died. Veteran or not. A lawsuit was settled. SHE was the aggressor. State of Maryland - past history. She had a temper. She had OPINIONS as we all have them.

I read that she was acquitted by a jury in 1 or 2 cases in Maryland, so perhaps she was in some way justified. Doesn't matter. She may have been a hot-head, and she may have believed things others don't (none of which have been "discredited" as claimed by the mainstream media). What does matter, is that she was a Patriot who loved her country, and was fighting those who want to destroy it. That legitimate cause is infinitely more important than her irrelevant personal behavior and beliefs.

Hey guys, I think we need to cool it down a bit. Let's just try and get along.

Maybe we should have a thumbs-down button? :)

When it comes time to review this shooting, I would almost guarantee it will come out there was a threshold and she crossed it. Fear of life means nothing when guarding a secured area. A breach is a breach.

The question will be whether the shooting was objectively reasonable. If there was knowledge of the location of the officers coming up the stairs, the shooter will have to explain why his actions were reasonable and necessary.

If he claims no knowledge, radio comms don't reflect any traffic announcing the presence of the other officers, and there was an established threshold, no charges or discipline will likely result.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads