JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Today in a lawsuit we're watching, Washington DC says it has repealed its regulation that limited "the amount of ammunition concealed-carry licensees may carry to 20 rounds."https://twitter.com/gunpolicy/status/1570143652369891329
FcpFQC3XgAEEf7C?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

It would be nice if residency restrictions were also lifted. For example with my Oregon CHL I can carry in Utah and even get a Utah CHL. My brother-in-law who is in Utah can get a Utah CHL, but it is not recognized by Oregon and he cannot apply for an Oregon CHL because Utah is not adjacent to Oregon who will only issue to boarder states, so he is SOL when he visits.

It would be nice if residency restrictions were also lifted. For example with my Oregon CHL I can carry in Utah and even get a Utah CHL. My brother-in-law who is in Utah can get a Utah CHL, but it is not recognized by Oregon and he cannot apply for an Oregon CHL because Utah is not adjacent to Oregon who will only issue to boarder states, so he is SOL when he visits.
One's constitutional rights don't end (or begin) at state borders. It's only a matter of time before this issue is hauled before the court.

I went through this traveling last Christmas,

WA cpl - check
Legal in WA
Illegal in OR
legal again in ID
Legal in Utah
Illegal in Nevada
Legal in AZ
then on the way back
Illegal in CA
Illegal in OR
then
Legal again back in WA.

pretty stupid

I read about that one. Clearly, his CHL wasn't valid. Kind of sad if he's found guilty, but he's certainly laying it on the line to try and beat it.

No plea deal and taking it to trial to try and get a jury nullification. That would be quite cool and I would certainly give it to him if I was sitting on that jury. We'll see how it plays.

For those not familiar, a jury nullification is when something is in fact "technically" illegal, but the jury chooses to set aside the letter of the law and not convict based on the totality of the circumstances.

Ie. Yeah, he didn't have a valid CHL for the state he was in, but he didn't pull it and use it and physically took down a would be mass shooter in his tracks. Aka: A friggin hero they shouldn't have arrested in the first place when a warning and agreement he would secure his steel for the remainder of his time in their state would have been justifiable, IMHO.

Last Edited:
I read about that one. Clearly, his CHL wasn't valid. Kind of sad if he's found guilty, but he's certainly laying it on the line to try and beat it.

No plea deal and taking it to trial to try and get a jury nullification. That would be quite cool and I would certainly give it to him if I was sitting on that jury. We'll see how it plays.

For those not familiar, a jury nullification is when something is in fact "technically" illegal, but the jury chooses to set aside the letter of the law and not convict based on the totality of the circumstances.

Ie. Yeah, he didn't have a valid CHL for the state he was in, but he didn't pull it and use it and physically took down a would be mass shooter in his tracks. Aka: A friggin hero they shouldn't have arrested in the first place when a warning and agreement he would secure his steel for the remainder of his time in their state would have been justifiable, IMHO.
On the bright side, at worst it's a misdemeanor, even in Maryland (which SUCKS!)… I hated Ft. Meade when I was attached there for over a year back in the 80's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top