JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Now I'm triggered.

To be clear, I am a registered Oathkeeper and will fight as needed when the time comes. IMO it is not yet that time.

And the fight will be against a tyrannical govt not against private property, persons, or businesses!!!

Ultimately, though, the rise of the Nazis in Germany can be placed squarely at the feet of the punitive, victorious allies and the oppressive terms of the Treaty of Versailles following WW I.

And the reason an equitable peace to WWI was impossible, was because Wilson pushed America into foreign entanglements. If the US hadn't joined, it would have ended in a stalemate and the Treaty of Versailles (or whatever it would have been called in this alternate history), would have looked entirely different and would not have set the stage for WWII.

Here at home, one of the worst and most abused laws we have dates from the run up to WWI -- the espionage act -- which is really just a tool for cracking down on 1A protected dissenters and reporters who have the balls to write things the establishment doesn't want revealed. That law was designed to do what we see now with the social media purge, Wilson couldn't have disagreement with his policies, and neither can our oligarchs.

Last Edited:
As a 2-time Trump voter, I can assure you I am saying "Trumpers" as a short-form of "Trump supporters" (which it appears was the vast majority) and not as a condescending term. And, no where did I ever accuse "Trump supporters" of being riotous or violent. I have always maintained that they are being treated unfairly in every aspect and that it was wrong to shoot Ashli.
Problem is the breech of the Capital and the shenanigans undertaken appear to be perpetrated by folks with ties to QAnon, Antifa and BLM... Thus you have people like Sullivan being released for their participation, without charges. He was right there smashing windows and one person away from Ashli when she was executed.

Make no mistake, there was infiltration of those gathered to support Trump to turn this into what happened with a single goal in mind, remove Trump from office. Democrats on Capital Hill have invested the lions share of their energies over the past four plus years to achieve just that goal.

Good luck AmeriKa, ya better get on yer knees and start praying, yer gonna need it...

He did imply up above he is a Trumper, so that would imply he is one of those waiting for the opportunity as he mentioned

I never implied I am a Trumper. I only said I am a 2-time voter of his.
I actually don't like the guy, consider myself having only intersectional agreements with conservative mindset.
I mean, come on, it's either Hillary or Kamala....we only had 2 choices.

I feel this whole discussion around my thought process is becoming a bit pedantic:rolleyes:

Hopefully Pence gets his chance in the seat for a few days, pardons Trump and we can all move on to rebuilding the Republican Party without the populism. The good old pro trade, pro business, low taxes , fiscally restrained, limited government Party. Then start talking about 2024 without Trump .

I actually don't like the guy, consider myself having only intersectional agreements with conservative mindset.
I don't find that any of the available choices adequately represent me, but I did benefit from many of the trump-era policies and have been (and likely will be) harmed by leftist policies.

I never voted for Trump, being in Oregon it wouldn't matter anyway.

Hopefully Pence gets his chance in the seat for a few days, pardons Trump and we can all move on to rebuilding the Republican Party without the populism. The good old pro trade, pro business, low taxes , fiscally restrained, limited government Party. Then start talking about 2024 without Trump .

I agree. I don't have any strong negative feelings about President Trump, but I definitely think the Republican Party needs to rebuild. They've got some strong second string players who could step up. I like Dan Crenshaw as a real level headed strong leader (and even though I lean left, I would give him my vote over any Democrat right now). I honestly think they could make a good run at 2024 without the populism bubblegum. They need to do it before the boomers get too old.

I think the chance of that occuring is extremely small, I do not envision Trump resigning. It will be interesting to see how the relationship between Trump / Pence evolves after the events of the last week.
Pence is certainly considering how any action he takes affects his future political career and that is no longer identical to what is best for Trump's political ambitions.

I think the chance of that occuring is extremely small, I do not envision Trump resigning. It will be interesting to see how the relationship between Trump / Pence evolves after the events of the last week.
Pence is certainly considering how any action he takes affects his future political career and that is no longer identical to what is best for Trump's political ambitions.
Well thats best case anyway and its not going to happen. What I think will happen is that Trump tries to pardon himself of everything. Then Biden comes in and takes it to SCOTUS who throws that out and Trump gets prosecuted for whatever they can dig up on him and Teflon Don walks free. Then he tries for another term in 2024 and gets soundly defeated with his baggage in tow. Then his supporters go back to their trailers and holes and the Republican Party wont be able to get a dog catcher elected for a decade.

I'd bet a beer on it.

Well thats best case anyway and its not going to happen. What I think will happen is that Trump tries to pardon himself of everything. Then Biden comes in and takes it to SCOTUS who throws that out and Trump gets prosecuted for whatever they can dig up on him and Teflon Don walks free. Then he tries for another term in 2024 and gets soundly defeated with his baggage in tow. Then his supporters go back to their trailers and holes and the Republican Party wont be able to get a dog catcher elected for a decade.

I'd bet a beer on it.

I find your post offensive. Half of the voters apparently disagree with you.

Then his (Trump) supporters go back to their trailers and holes
Why is it I find that so offensive. Please understand there are many different politically aligned members on this forum and while we may think in a very negative way about another political party I think it best to keep that to ourselves. I'm very surprised they haven't closed this thread.

Just to hoping to lighten things up a bit.

My wife is starting the preps for her Monday morning colonoscopy....
.... the similarities to the political events currently unfolding are truly astounding! :eek:

Wait, I can't keep up. Are we the party of the rich where he only cares about himself and his friends or dumb rednecks that live in trailers?

Obviously, PBR ... right? :s0112:

mmm PBR

vbk-jake-angelia-afp-1.jpg

PBR...Pure Buttered Rednecks...

PBR....Pee Before Reentry...

PBR...Porcupines Before Raccoons...

PBR....Politics Being Reinvented...

PBR....Please Bring Rats.....

Vas ist das...PBR....?
Its just like beer , only different.....:D
Andy

Status