JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Everyone,

I always wanted to hunt wolves in Transylvania. It used to be about $500.00 U.S.
I figured I could load a double with Winchester Silvertips or put solid silver balls in
my muzzle loader. I could schedule the hunt for for a full moon under an abandoned
castle... and Hell Yes I'd do it!

Wolf hunting Romania - Be in the right place at the right time

I may die with a cigar in one hand, a glass of whisky in the other & a Redhead
on my lap but I intend to have a good time while I'm here.

Cheers!
Longbeard

Why go all that way to hunt wolves? They have wolves here to hunt. My buddy was just over here visiting from Idaho and said they have a bounty on them there because they are a problem. You have to be a resident to collect the bounty he said but still. I say go and enjoy the cigar, whiskey and redhead but i dont get why youd fly to another country to hunt an animal we have here. If you want a hunting vacation why not hunt something you cant get here. Something really unique.

Sometimes its the story of the act that counts more than the act itself. I can dig it. I was just thinking the other day of all the things I have done in my life. It makes for quite the eccentric list, and adding wolf hunting in transylvania wouldn't go amiss on that list.

I would do the Romanian hunt, gain some knowledge from them, find that Romanian Redhead then go to Idaho and get a wolf. Have the Redhead claim Idaho residency and she could get the bounty, use that to buy some Jim Beam.

I have a friend/colleague of Hungarian extraction that has told me in years passed that the area is of unrivaled natural beauty. I've never been, so will take his word on that one. (He's also at least once gone on monologue about how the region rightly belongs to Hungary and not Romania, but that is another topic. :s0112:)

As to the trip; why not? We only live once. :)

I have a friend/colleague of Hungarian extraction that has told me in years passed that the area is of unrivaled natural beauty. I've never been, so will take his word on that one. (He's also at least once gone on monologue about how the region rightly belongs to Hungary and not Romania, but that is another topic. :s0112:)

As to the trip; why not? We only live once. :)

Been to Transylvania area of Romania a couple times, yah it has some vy nice country. A big plus if you like neat villages/castles as well.

Hungary is decent also, but every country over in that region has nice things to offer.

Probably "easiest" starter for non travelled Americans to deal with would be a trip to Austria & the Czech Republic, IMO.

Been to Transylvania area of Romania a couple times, yah it has some vy nice country. A big plus if you like neat villages/castles as well.

Hungary is decent also, but every country over in that region has nice things to offer.

Probably "easiest" starter for non travelled Americans to deal with would be a trip to Austria & the Czech Republic, IMO.

I've just had "One of those kind of lives" my first girlfriend was Chinese and I had to formally ask permission from her father to date her.

I've walked down dirt roads in rural Russia near where Yuri Gagarin landed from space. I met my ex-wife in Russia, I've lived there about 1 1/2 months
all together.
Yuri Gagarin - Wikipedia

I met Bobby Kennedy in '68 3 days before his assassination.

I've talked with retired guerillas in the jungles of El Salvador at the war museum in Peraquin in Spanish.
Perquín - Wikipedia
Museum of the Revolution (El Salvador) - Wikipedia

Etc, etc, etc...

It wouldn't be unusual to find my in the forest of Transylvania with a muzzle loader in my hands.

Blessings,
Longbeard

I'd like to snag some pelts in Amsterdam.

OP, if you ever get to do it please let us know and post lots of pics! :)

Spent a lot of time in and around Cluj-Napoca, absolutely beautiful old world city and really super nice people!
Same with the Czech Republic and Moldova! A must visit if your heading to that part of the world!
A few more hours flying and you could see the the Paris on the Black Sea, Odessa, one of the most beautiful cities on this earth! Yes, I'm highly biased!:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top