JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Maybe Dumb azzzz's shot them and lost them ??
Or it's just an ahole killing for fun?
In my case I was a dumb dumb and lost one.
We wont know until someone is caught or own's up to it.

Nice Jab at Wolves though.
They don't kill for fun.
Wolves only leave a kill when they are teaching the young how to hunt and kill large game.
After that they will eat what they kill.

BTW:
Most of a wolf's or any other wild dog's meat diet is rodent's.
If i remember right there was even a movie about that FACT..................

Hey, I got no "dog" in the wolf fight. ;)

Ifthey are shooting them for fun
Good point about the losing a kill, and that may be the case... but we'll have to agree to disagree on the other because I've SEEN my own dogs maul a small kitten to death that ventured into our yard for "sport" (before I realized what it was they were gleefully "playing" with) .

It wasn't just a "defend the territory" thing... it was disturbing/creepy. NOBODY can really know what goes through the mind of a canine... because they can't answer your questions. ;)

If you would have waited they would have eaten the cat .
Or I could have fed it to my daughters wolf.:)

Last Edited:
Cats do a pretty good job of killing for fun....I can't count how many mice mine have caught, played with, killed and then ignored.

Cat's aren't animals...............
They are dog food.
And we aren't talking about domestic animals.

troll_zpsueemhek5.jpg

:s0128:

Last Edited:
[QUOTE="Who The F R U, post: 1530199, member: 20888"

BTW:
If i remember right there was even a movie about that FACT..................[/QUOTE]

Wolves mostly eat rodents?? I am laughing hysterically at that one. :D

Sounds like you have been watching propaganda movies from the Predator Defense Institute or Oregon Wild.

There are numerous legitimate studies that show that the majority of their food is either Deer, or in some cases like in Yellowstone, Elk. I am always amazed when people try to pass off utter nonsense like that by stating that it is a "fact", when it is no where close to being the real truth.

And as far as wolves killing animals and not eating them, that does indeed happen. Not only that, but they also injury some animals that they don't kill. On May 30, wolves killed 12 sheep and injured six more during one attack in Wallowa County. Two weeks later, a different pack killed eight sheep and injured five in Umatilla County.

If you don't believe me, take a look at this pic of one of the ranchers with his animals:

635619574409132190-saldc5-5amiytorf452eyutff8-original.jpg

Last Edited:
Cat's aren't animals...............
They are dog food.
[QUOTE="Who The F R U, post: 1530199, member: 20888"

BTW:

Wolves mostly eat rodents?? I am laughing hysterically at that one. :D

Sounds like you have been watching propaganda movies from the Predator Defense Institute or Oregon Wild.

There are numerous studies that show that the majority of their food is either Deer, or in some cases like in Yellowstone, Elk. I am always amazed when people try to pass off utter nonsense like that by stating that it is a "fact", when it is no where close to being the real truth.

And as far as wolves killing animals and not eating them, that does indeed happen. Not only that, but they also injury some animals that they don't kill. On May 30, wolves killed 12 sheep and injured six more during one attack in Wallowa County. Two weeks later, a different pack killed eight sheep and injured five in Umatilla County.

If you don't believe me, take a look at this pic of one of the ranchers with his animals:

View attachment 316976[/QUOTE]

Wolves give birth Late Jan. early Feb.
3-4 month's old is about right for them to learn about hunting and killing.
Learn to live with nature not fight it and life is a lot easier.

:s0104::s0128::s0128::s0128::s0128::s0128::s0128::s0128::s0128:

Wolves give birth Late Jan. early Feb.
3-4 month's old is about right for them to learn about hunting and killing.
Learn to live with nature not fight it and life is a lot easier.

:s0104::s0128::s0128::s0128::s0128::s0128::s0128::s0128::s0128:

What total and absolute hypocrisy here on your part. You falsely claim that wolves mainly live on eating rodents, and then object when someone else calls you out for spreading obvious misinformation??? You yourself were the one that brought that up.

If you were not trying to get people to believe something that is so obviously false and not true, I would not have objected to your post.

If you don't want folks to object to your proclamations, then please stick to facts, and not pro-wolf political propaganda.

What total and absolute hypocrisy here on your part. You falsely claim that wolves mainly live on eating rodents, and then object when someone else calls you out for spreading obvious misinformation??? You yourself were the one that brought that up.

If you were not trying to get people to believe something that is so obviously false and not true, I would not have objected to your post.

If you don't want folks to object to your proclamations, then please stick to facts, and not pro-wolf political propaganda.

Not pro wolf or pro rancher.

I'm from Alaska been around wolves my whole life.
And the facts are that most wolves live 80-90% off Rodent's. PERIOD.

Do some research.

"two cows and 30 sheep in 2014 — are a fraction of livestock losses statewide. The <broken link removed> , according to the National Agricultural Statistics Service."

We are talking about 3 elk shot and left for dead Right????

Done with it Back on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW:

Nice Jab at Wolves though.
They don't kill for fun.
Wolves only leave a kill when they are teaching the young how to hunt and kill large game.
After that they will eat what they kill.

BTW:

Hey, I got no "dog" in the wolf fight. ;)

Not a fight, just making a point that humans are the only animals that kill for fun.

I shot that damn deer 16 years ago and it still bugs me I couldn't find it.

Good point about the losing a kill, and that may be the case... but we'll have to agree to disagree on the other because I've SEEN my own dogs maul a small kitten to death that ventured into our yard for "sport" (before I realized what it was they were gleefully "playing" with) .

It wasn't just a "defend the territory" thing... it was disturbing/creepy. NOBODY can really know what goes through the mind of a canine... because they can't answer your questions. ;)

I really don't think it's appropriate to bring up the wolf debate on this sad subject, about the needless slaughter of Elk! That subject is opening another canine of worms entirely!

Seriously, I hate people like that! I would have no problem gut shooting the offenders, so we could inquire how they liked it?
I've said before, on this site, this country needs some draconian! And, not for refusing to bake a cake, and not for shooting a dangerous criminal! :mad: Short rant over!

Cats do a pretty good job of killing for fun....I can't count how many mice mine have caught, played with, killed and then ignored.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top