JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Wait, what? Who here has been "vehemently against boycotting Midway"? Seems like you're grasping a bit there.
Well there appear to be 3 camps in this thread:
1. Those who are upset with Midway's decision and plan to boycott them.
2. Those who accuse number 1's of just b1tching, whining and moaning.
3. Those who are actively arguing that Midway is justified in their decision to not sell a legal item to Oregonians.

Either the 2's and 3's just get off on being contrarian, or, they are against boycotting MidwayUSA. I don't think that is a drastic leap in logic by any means.

3. Those who are actively arguing that Midway is justified in their decision to not sell a legal item to Oregonians.

Either the 2's and 3's just get off on being contrarian, or, they are against boycotting MidwayUSA. I don't think that is a drastic leap in logic by any means.
So you can't name anyone who is "vehemently against boycotting Midway"?

So you can't name anyone who is "vehemently against boycotting Midway"?
A quote from earlier:

"This is your failure, this is my failure, this is notMidway's failure. Stop pissing on them because they will not bail you out of a problem you helped create.

I cannot force you to stop some misguided boycott, but I can tell you you are way of target with your ire, and are deciding to shoot at people from your own side simply because they are not as "brave" as you think they should be, and while you are doing that you are letting our actual enemies escape the blame they so richly deserve. Furthermore I might even think you are a bit of an idiot for doing so. It is easy to rant against your own side, it is much harder to stand up and fight the battle where it should be fought."

Definition of vehement: in a forceful, passionate, or intense manner.

Do with that what you will.

A quote from earlier:

"This is your failure, this is my failure, this is notMidway's failure. Stop pissing on them because they will not bail you out of a problem you helped create.

I cannot force you to stop some misguided boycott, but I can tell you you are way of target with your ire, and are deciding to shoot at people from your own side simply because they are not as "brave" as you think they should be, and while you are doing that you are letting our actual enemies escape the blame they so richly deserve. Furthermore I might even think you are a bit of an idiot for doing so. It is easy to rant against your own side, it is much harder to stand up and fight the battle where it should be fought."

Do with that what you will.
Vehement is not the word I would use to describe my own words, but sure, if they hit a bit too close to home I can see how you would take them that way. You can boycott whoever you want, I get to think you are being a bit of an idiot for doing so.

Vehement is not the word I would use to describe my own words, but sure, if they hit a bit too close to home I can see how you would take them that way. You can boycott whoever you want, I get to think you are being a bit of an idiot for doing so.
No, "vehement" isn't up for debate, it is simply a word that conveys a certain level of intensity being used. Many of your posts can easily be defined as vehement, just as many of mine could.

I'm glad I have your approval to boycott, I will proceed to do so! Though, it is crazy how idiotic it is of me to get the same products for better prices from actively 2A friendly businesses…I feel so stupid already not buying from Midway!

No, "vehement" isn't up for debate, it is simply a word that conveys a certain level of intensity being used. Many of your posts can easily be defined as vehement, just as many of mine could.

I'm glad I have your approval to boycott, I will proceed to do so! Though, it is crazy how idiotic it is of me to get the same products for better prices from actively 2A friendly businesses…I feel so stupid already not buying from Midway!
Nope.

I think you just like to argue.

Nope.

I think you just like to argue.
I love how you actually thought that definition proves me wrong! lol

Here is another definition btw:

"I think you just like to argue." That's too funny, the irony is strong with this statement!

My point of view is Midway is boycotting us. They're also being inconsistent with their own policies. In December 2023 they shipped me 17rd mags. Now, 9rd mags are a no go. If they don't want my $$$, I'll find my goods elsewhere 👍 I'll have to see if I order from them in the future.

Wait, what? Who here has been "vehemently against boycotting Midway"? Seems like you're grasping a bit there.
Figured this was worth quoting and bumping up, just so it's clear who "likes arguing." lol

So, to shift back to the topic of the thread, I think it's actually a good thing that Midway went soft; it allowed to me to realize there were way better retailers out there who offer more consistent/better discounts and seem to be more proactive when it comes to the Second Amendment.

My point of view is Midway is boycotting us. They're also being inconsistent with their own policies. In December 2023 they shipped me 17rd mags. Now, 9rd mags are a no go. If they don't want my $$$, I'll find my goods elsewhere 👍 I'll have to see if I order from them in the future.
Very good point. The way I see it, voting with our money is the best tool in a capitalist economy. Plenty of other companies with the same products that aren't taking a weak stance regarding shipping magazines to Oregon!

Figured this was worth quoting and bumping up, just so it's clear who "likes arguing." lol

So, to shift back to the topic of the thread, I think it's actually a good thing that Midway went soft; it allowed to me to realize there were way better retailers out there who offer more consistent/better discounts and seem to be more proactive when it comes to the Second Amendment.
You sound vaccinated.

I and others simply disagree with the notion that there is anything inherently risky with selling lawful goods in a lawful capacity.
You sound like someone that signs the back of a check, not the front. There's nothing wrong with that, but you don't seem to understand risk.

If only we could spend this much effort yelling at the politicians that propose and pass this bubblegum and evangelizing to our fellow citizens on why it is in fact bubblegum, maybe we wouldn't be in this position. I will rest my case here, it seems entirely pointless to carry on.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads