JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Does anyone have similar experiences to one I just had?
I have loved MidwayUSA for many years up to now. I recently placed an order.
"My order for two 15 round magazines was taken, received gushing promises to get them as soon as they got in, then later get a notice the order is cancelled. I called and at first there was confusion why, everything looked okay, then I was told, oh it's because Oregon has a new law now limiting magazines to 15 rounds. But the law is not in force from the very beginning over a year ago as a judge ruled it unconstitutional. I was told midway is afraid the status could change while magazines were in transit and therefore break the law. I told them you can go anywhere in the state and buy any size magazine, it's legal, and they are all shipped from "somewhere" to Oregon. midway is so corporate now it feels like I'm dealing with disney!"

The above is my feedback to midway asking how I "enjoyed" the experience making the purchase from them - After getting Cancelled. I know they can do what they want, but this really disappointing. I will continue to "window shop" only there now and buy somewhere else. WokewayUSA! Like losing a friend.

Does anyone have similar experiences to one I just had?
I have loved MidwayUSA for many years up to now. I recently placed an order.
"My order for two 15 round magazines was taken, received gushing promises to get them as soon as they got in, then later get a notice the order is cancelled. I called and at first there was confusion why, everything looked okay, then I was told, oh it's because Oregon has a new law now limiting magazines to 15 rounds. But the law is not in force from the very beginning over a year ago as a judge ruled it unconstitutional. I was told midway is afraid the status could change while magazines were in transit and therefore break the law. I told them you can go anywhere in the state and buy any size magazine, it's legal, and they are all shipped from "somewhere" to Oregon. midway is so corporate now it feels like I'm dealing with disney!"

The above is my feedback to midway asking how I "enjoyed" the experience making the purchase from them - After getting Cancelled. I know they can do what they want, but this really disappointing. I will continue to "window shop" only there now and buy somewhere else. WokewayUSA! Like losing a friend.
Prepare to be bombarded by Midway's (and like companies) sympathizers.

Yep same experience with Midway. I tried to buy 7 round magazines for a 1911 and 8 round magazines for a Sig P-6 both refused because they could be modified to hold more than 10 rounds due to their removable base plates. Now I just leave them in my cart with out checking out and go buy elsewhere.

Add PSA to that list as they will not sell me trigger parts for an Ak. The were happy to charge my credit card and ignore my emails for almost a month though.

MidwayUSA was once one of my favorite go-to sites for years, up until Larry Potterfield gave the big middle finger to C&R FFL holders. Haven't done business with them since then. FLP.

I get that a business can make policy over transactions and such but until there is an actual law in place it really should be business as usual . I think their emotional legal team is not responding rational / factual & it has immediate consequences . Keep the faith . :)

What mags are you trying to get?

Robert RTG can have good deals from time to time along with Gunmagwarehouse and the mag shack.
Me,? I had a couple small items I wanted to buy and had added the magazines to my order to get the free shipping so it was easy enough to walk away and shop elsewhere.

Midway is doing what a lot of businesses are doing. The masses of stupid laws being passed daily by states such as Oregon, Washington, and California et al. Make it nearly impossible for them to keep up with the compliance drama. As crappy as it is, businesses who sell nationwide have to focus on the lowest common denominator....either that or employ an expensive full time legal staff to monitor every smelly fart that passes from the fifty different states and thousands of counties in those states. Then we would be complaining about prices of parts (due to legal fees) in addition to the compliance inconveniences.

Yes it sucks. Oregon sucks. I want out, too. But the people here need to stop voting for the same people and hoping for different results, or it is going to get much worse.

Last Edited:
I think their emotional legal team is not responding rational / factual & it has immediate consequences . Keep the faith . :)
How about the emotional purchaser? What happens when everybody stops selling to Oregon, then the boycotted company goes out of business. Then you're totally out of luck and the antis win.

Me,? I had a couple small items I wanted to buy and had added the magazines to my order to get the free shipping so it was easy enough to walk away and shop elsewhere.
Oh ok! I didn't know if you were after a good deal or something specific.
That's a real bummer Midway is still being overly cautious. At this point I don't thing I'll give them my business.

A business that believes there is already a law in place and reacts accordingly is in a way telling their customers I rather not get involved .
OTOH - you can't expect every company to keep track of the current (day to day) status of every gun control law. I don't.

One can just go to GunMagWarehouse.com or other site. Plenty of them out there.

They are a private company and have the right to conduct business as they see fit, but... I agree that they are preemptively sinking 2A rights which rather peeves me off.

No point whining about it, but I do attempt to persuade them with my wallet. For I dunno how many years I always kept a running shopping cart with them. Making an annual restocking order of parts, cleaning supplies, out and out "I want it" purchases, etc etc and awaiting my yearly birthday discount combined with a free shipping offer. Typically amounting to some very healthy sums each year.

Since they started preemptively acting on unconstitutional laws, rather than supporting the 2A community, I no longer do that.

What I did do though was contact their corporate office, provided my purchase receipts for the past 5 years and told them exactly why I would no longer be giving them my business until they changed course.

They acknowledged receipt of my message and a note someone would be getting back with me... but what I actually got was crickets. That in itself tells me how little value they hold for their customers these days.

It is what it is and there are plenty of companies more than happy to fill my needs and wants.

I've never bought AR mags on line. Seems there's always been reasonably priced AR mags at local stores, gun shops, gun shows. I have bought my AK mags through Atlantic because I like the used look. And "G.A.S." always at the big shows have mags at a decent price.
Atlantic isn't listing Oregon as a "no-ship" state.

My view on shipping mags or other accessories, is that if these Damm companies can't go by the laws that are LEGAL" to ship 7 or 10 round mags etc like the bs midway is pulling by not shipping them, then phuk midway. Those dirty sunny beaches ⛱️ don't need my money. That's total bullchit when something is legal yet still they won't ship

They can go broke as far as I'm concerned. There's absolutely nooooo reason they cannot ship fully legal allowed items in states. Like the one member said they wouldn't even ship 1911 ...7 round mags because they could be made to accept more rounds ". Well chitttt that can pretty much be said then of any mag. What a bunch of 🐒 💩 chit.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads