JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Same thing happened to me with one of their competitors. Can't boycott all of them.
Interesting, this is what I asked in the original post. Which competitor was it exactly?
What were you trying to buy? I hope you let them know they were caving in before the fact. Did you?
Thank you very much

And only buying two mags? Who does that?
That would be me.
Now can you help out with the original issue?
"Does anyone have similar experiences to one I just had?
Do you know companies besides midWOKEway with policies to not sell firearms related items to people in states that might start to enforce laws that are not in force on those items? (Whew) Can you help with their name and what their policy is about?

Here's the million dollar question, how did you vote @GDUB JR ? Did you tell at least five people to vote on 114? Did you donate to any legal defense after the fact?

Last Edited:
Can't boycott all of them.
Well... you can but it might mean foregoing instant gratification, or at least having some amount of self control to put it on hold until the situation changes.

Let's be honest. For the vastly large majority of firearm owners, making new purchases and procuring more gear to go with them falls far outside the "need" category. For many, "but I want it... now" simply outweighs any desire to actually work toward affecting change. Most folks are masters at rationalizing "wants" into "needs" and lack objectivity when it comes to selfish desires.

Let's be honest. For the vastly large majority of firearm owners, making new purchases and procuring more gear to go with them falls far outside the "need" category.
Lies! Get out of here with that negativity.

200.gif

Well... you can but it might mean foregoing instant gratification, or at least having some amount of self control to put it on hold until the situation changes.

Let's be honest. For the vastly large majority of firearm owners, making new purchases and procuring more gear to go with them falls far outside the "need" category. For many, "but I want it... now" simply outweighs any desire to actually work toward affecting change. Most folks are masters at rationalizing "wants" into "needs" and lack objectivity when it comes to selfish desires.
There is also the benefit of the modern world of online shopping wherein there are typically 20+ vendors that all offer the same product.

I used to shop a lot at MidwayUSA, but have had no issues fulfilling my purchases elsewhere (and often for the same or better prices).

Nothing like a nice, insulting post early in the morning. I hope your day has improved by now.

Nothing like a nice, insulting post early in the morning. I hope your day has improved by now.
I was only quoting to establish context, speaking in general terms,... not replying or directing my comments specifically at you.

It's just the idea that most of society is so accustomed to instant gratification and compromising their principles that it's often never even considered an option to completely abstain. It's not that we "can't" boycott all companies who do not fully support 2A rights... it's that we choose not to.;)

I was only quoting to establish context, speaking in general terms,... not replying or directing my comments specifically at you.

It's just the idea that most of society is so accustomed to instant gratification and compromising their principles that it's often never even considered an option to completely abstain. It's not that we "can't" boycott all companies who do not fully support 2A rights... it's that we choose not to.;)
Maybe next time mention that in the post.

making new purchases and procuring more gear to go with them falls far outside the "need" category

This reminds me of a comment I read on another gun site a long time ago: "There's Need. And there's Want. But most of all there is Deserve. I deserve a new gun."

Excellent info! I'll check these out. Thank you!
Here's the million dollar question, how did you vote @GDUB JR ? Did you tell at least five people to vote on 114? Did you donate to and legal defense after the fact?
Yes, yes, and no (wasn't aware but should have!)
Million dollars please?

Lot of b*tching and moaning about how these companies are "aiding the enemy" or something. No they are not, they are just taking a risk averse paradigm to their business model. These laws (yes, even 114) can be reinstated today with a single judicial order. It will be this way until either SCOTUS rules on it or the state declines to take their appeal to the next level. Any shipments in transit, any orders taken, hell possibly even any inventory in the state will then become illegal, and the state will have the option to go after these business with the full force of law, up to and including bankrupting them and putting people in jail.

Look, I appreciate companies that keep shipping while it is technically legal to do so. I recognize they are taking a rather large risk to do so and are betting on the judges not signing orders without prior warning, and ultimately are betting on the outcome of the case to protect them from long term prosecution if they do. For this reason I will largely patronize them first when I have the option to do so.

But I will absolutely not hold this against companies that do not want to take that risk. They are under no obligation (legal, social, moral or any other kind) to risk their livelihoods and freedoms to keep selling me potential contraband. The obligation is on us to make sure we place the blame squarely where it belongs, which is on our elected representatives and ultimately on ourselves, who failed to be proactive in fighting this type of legislation with out fellow citizens.

This is your failure, this is my failure, this is not Midway's failure. Stop pissing on them because they will not bail you out of a problem you helped create.

I cannot force you to stop some misguided boycott, but I can tell you you are way of target with your ire, and are deciding to shoot at people from your own side simply because they are not as "brave" as you think they should be, and while you are doing that you are letting our actual enemies escape the blame they so richly deserve. Furthermore I might even think you are a bit of an idiot for doing so. It is easy to rant against your own side, it is much harder to stand up and fight the battle where it should be fought.

As this appeal process gets ramped back up I will probably have to restart the Oregon Mag Shipping/Selling thread again to keep track of who is actively shipping contraband to us and who is not. To be clear this is not a boycott list, it is simply a resource to help people find where they can get stuff without having to go through the purchase process to find out. Companies will be added and removed as their status changes, and I will not be keeping a detailed history of who "abandoned" us when or how. If you want to waste time doing that (instead of, you know, maybe taking the names of the people who proposed, sponsored and voted for this crap) then knock yourself out. I will keep point out the absurdity of such action every chance I get.

Lot of b*tching and moaning about how these companies are "aiding the enemy" or something. No they are not, they are just taking a risk averse paradigm to their business model. These laws (yes, even 114) can be reinstated today with a single judicial order. It will be this way until either SCOTUS rules on it or the state declines to take their appeal to the next level. Any shipments in transit, any orders taken, hell possibly even any inventory in the state will then become illegal, and the state will have the option to go after these business with the full force of law, up to and including bankrupting them and putting people in jail.

Look, I appreciate companies that keep shipping while it is technically legal to do so. I recognize they are taking a rather large risk to do so and are betting on the judges not signing orders without prior warning, and ultimately are betting on the outcome of the case to protect them from long term prosecution if they do. For this reason I will largely patronize them first when I have the option to do so.

But I will absolutely not hold this against companies that do not want to take that risk. They are under no obligation (legal, social, moral or any other kind) to risk their livelihoods and freedoms to keep selling me potential contraband. The obligation is on us to make sure we place the blame squarely where it belongs, which is on our elected representatives and ultimately on ourselves, who failed to be proactive in fighting this type of legislation with out fellow citizens.

This is your failure, this is my failure, this is not Midway's failure. Stop pissing on them because they will not bail you out of a problem you helped create.

I cannot force you to stop some misguided boycott, but I can tell you you are way of target with your ire, and are deciding to shoot at people from your own side simply because they are not as "brave" as you think they should be, and while you are doing that you are letting our actual enemies escape the blame they so richly deserve. Furthermore I might even think you are a bit of an idiot for doing so. It is easy to rant against your own side, it is much harder to stand up and fight the battle where it should be fought.

As this appeal process gets ramped back up I will probably have to restart the Oregon Mag Shipping/Selling thread again to keep track of who is actively shipping contraband to us and who is not. To be clear this is not a boycott list, it is simply a resource to help people find where they can get stuff without having to go through the purchase process to find out. Companies will be added and removed as their status changes, and I will not be keeping a detailed history of who "abandoned" us when or how. If you want to waste time doing that (instead of, you know, maybe taking the names of the people who proposed, sponsored and voted for this crap) then knock yourself out. I will keep point out the absurdity of such action every chance I get.
I and others simply disagree with the notion that there is anything inherently risky with selling lawful goods in a lawful capacity.
There is risk involved in any business, it's the name of the game. To think that a company with the footprint of MidwayUSA can't figure it out while dozens of other companies have is kind of absurd.

I and others also take the reverse stance; larger entities (such as corporations) that want to be the beneficiaries of our pro-2A related spending should feel an obligation (just as us individuals do) to do everything they can to support, expand, and defend our rights.

Refusing to sell legal goods related to the exercise of our 2nd Amendment rights is definitely grounds to question how much that entity is really "on our side." Of course, I'm not saying they have to take our side, but that's just all the more reason to withhold dollars from them. It's their right to play the weak "legal risks" card, and it's the consumers right to boycott accordingly.

There are plenty of actively 2A friendly businesses out there, I'd rather contribute to their growth, no reason to be blindly loyal to just one company; undeserved consumer loyalty is how consumers surrender their power in a capitalist economy.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads