JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just be safe out there guys! I told the wife if she goes to the store this afternoon after work to let me know when she is leaving where she is going. Never know when stupid will strike.

Chains, snow boots, blankets, go bag and all my stuff is ready to roll just in case.

Wifey just got to work and called me. Parking lot is packed and no carts in the cart corral. That's Albertson's in NE PDX. Says it will make the day go quicker. Bless her!

Wifey just got to work and called me. Parking lot is packed and no carts in the cart corral. That's Albertson's in NE PDX. Says it will make the day go quicker. Bless her!

I'm fortunate for one thing. My wife works from home so if the weather gets to bad she just texts me the grocery, want or need list and I stop on the way home.

I'm fortunate for one thing. My wife works from home so if the weather gets to bad she just texts me the grocery, want or need list and I stop on the way home.

I got you beat. I can throw a rock from the end of my driveway into the back parking lot of her store! :p When I find out I still need something to make dinner, I call HER and she'll bring it home with her! ;)

6.5" before noon today, Olympic Peninsula and parts of Hwy 101 closed...
P1100884.JPG

We're supposed to get another snow dump tomorrow and then more later next week. We actually had a semi-warm, vaguely Spring day earlier in the week, so I was thinking it might be clearing. But:

31f0cabe7c998983764ccf158ce0e689.jpg

5 years ago, February 7, 2014 I was playing in about a foot and a half of snow right here in the Portland Metro area... February can be a challenging month for sure...
I remember that storm. 2 years ago this month the weather wizards were predicting just a couple of inches. WRONG! IMG_0001.JPG

Thought I'd escaped winter tires this year. Then they said next week was gonna snow all next week. So I mounted my tires just in time to see they cancelled most of the snow forecast.

I got you beat. I can throw a rock from the end of my driveway into the back parking lot of her store! :p When I find out I still need something to make dinner, I call HER and she'll bring it home with her! ;)
Ha. I got that beat.

We live IN THE SAFEWAY. Here in St Helens. We sleep in the patio furniture over the frozen food cases. We get lots of fresh fruit and the first Starbucks every morning.

Top that mother bubblegumner.

I went shopping on Wednesday evening on my way home from work so that way I missed the crowds and empty shelves. The roads were mostly traffic free since a lot of people stay home or call in sick. I worked from home yesterday since when it started snowing in the early afternoon.

In the past it took me over eight hours the get home and I only live 17 miles from work. People panic and when their car have traction issues they abandoned it on the road side.

Last Edited:
Yeah, I remember the commute from Kirkland to Everett one year when it started snowing at about 3PM. Took me six hours to get home and I was lucky to be able to get off the highway and take some back roads. Same thing kind of happened years before going from Redmond to Bellevue, but I had a 4x4 then and got off the highway faster, although the hills were steeper.

I don't have problems in the snow in general usually, except dealing with other people who don't know how to drive in the snow - but in 2008 it took me two hours just to get out of my driveway because I had a RWD Bimmer and the driveway was just steep enough up to the street to make it really hard. Once out of the neighborhood I did ok and got down to Oregon where there were huge potholes in the snow/ice on I-5.

I got a couple of inches here on the mountain last night - very wet snow. It is barely below freezing here and it is snowing a little now. If this freezes colder that could make a mess because of how wet the snow is, it will become mostly ice.

We'll see. I have to take my car in for service Monday. Might have to cancel if it is too messy in Beaverton.

Ha. I got that beat.

We live IN THE SAFEWAY. Here in St Helens. We sleep in the patio furniture over the frozen food cases. We get lots of fresh fruit and the first Starbucks every morning.

Top that mother bubblegumner.

:s0112:

Wifey was beat when she came home. The store was a crazy zoo all day. She said it was fun though, and that people were all very nice and said how they appreciated their hard work.

Woke up at 6:25 and went into the computer room and saw the hummingbird water was frozen. It was 36 degrees when we went to bed at 11:00 so I figured it would hold. Weird part? The hummingbird was sitting on the perch in torpor. I know they do that, but never seen it. I had a back up, and the front feeder was almost empty so made up a batch of water for them. That hummer in the back took off when I approached the frozen feeder. Got out after that and shoveled (about 3" I'd say) to the boat to get the cover swept off. I have about a $35.00 a month bird feeding habit, so I have to shovel the lawn :oops: so the Junco's, chickadee's and Song Sparrows can get feed. Also have hanging feeders that were filled yesterday full of Gold Finches.

Let's hope the forecasters are wrong about that 14" total but the next hit. And wrong about temps in the low 20s. (insert freezing icon here)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top