JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even with that program/loan system, we are very well likely priced out of Oregon simply due to the high cost of homes and properties around Oregon, generally.
Sometimes you can find lower cost properties in Oregon but they are out where few live. Meaning if you want to have a business it would be travel or try to afford shipping..

Brother lives in Eastern Oregon and wants me to buy a house near him, 37 miles from the nearest grocery store and farther to a doctor.

Sometimes you can find lower cost properties in Oregon but they are out where few live. Meaning if you want to have a business it would be travel or try to afford shipping..

Brother lives in Eastern Oregon and wants me to buy a house near him, 37 miles from the nearest grocery store and farther to a doctor.
Another reason why we're considering moving out of State if we have to after dad passes away.

Edit. Our income won't change because it's from the SSA for disability, regardless of where we go in the US.

Jennica (daughter) might see an increase/her own disability benefits if SSA approves of the claim after the Early Intervention Services sends proof of disability to them. The way SSA works.. they give the same exact amount of benefits for dependents regardless of how many children, so X amount for 1 to 100, still X amount, no increase at all. Only way is prove one dependent has disability and shows a need for increased support finance.

Another reason why we're considering moving out of State if we have to after dad passes away.

Edit. Our income won't change because it's from the SSA for disability, regardless of where we go in the US.
My opinion is that Oregon has destroyed most of the opportunities here and turned the state into hell on earth for young people. If I were a young man I would move to the best state I could afford that has opportunities.

I'm not quite young, am 40 lol. But yes agreed about looking for better opportunities for the younger people
I didn't buy a house until I was in my forties, my wife and I lived in a 32 foot trailer going job to job in construction for years. It was easy and cheap back then as space rent was $100 a month and included utilities. Was able to save up a good house payment but then the government stole it by crashing the economy with the spotted owl. Took me years to get back on my feet.

Sorry to hear that. Sucks that while people are hurting, scammers big and small are enriching themselves by fleecing the gullible hive-minded populace. The last three years were record breaking in that regard from medical, proxy wars, to social frauds galore.

Lebron and the NBA will never admit they were made fools of - NOTHING was ever done to help communities, just as usual, $$$$$$$$ greedy people.

To make light of this... we were poor before. We're still poor today. We will be poorer tomorrow :rolleyes: just financially.

Life though... we have enriched ours with our two children ❤️ I do fear for their futures, and I do worry about diminishing opportunities for them, but as they are very young right now.. their world will look quite different from what I grew up in.

To make light of this... we were poor before. We're still poor today. We will be poorer tomorrow :rolleyes: just financially.

Life though... we have enriched ours with our two children ❤️ I do fear for their futures, and I do worry about diminishing opportunities for them, but as they are very young right now.. their world will look quite different from what I grew up in.

Rice and beans, powder and lead…
I went home with the waitress, the way I always do
How was I to know, she was with the Russians, too?
I was gambling in Havana, I took a little risk
Send lawyers, guns and money, dad, get me out of this, ha
I'm the innocent bystander
Somehow I got stuck between the rock and a hard place
And I'm down on my luck, yes I'm down on my luck
Well, I'm down on my luck
And I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The bubblegum has hit the fan
Alright, send lawyers, guns, and money
Huh, yeah
Send lawyers, guns, and money
Uh

Buyers Market soon for things? Or wait a few years?

Edit; will people start getting desperate enough to reduce prices on used goods and vehicles to cope with higher costs of everything else?
It'll likely take a few years. The car shortage was caused by an influx of stimulus money and a halt to global production, which was further exasperated by the 'just in time stocking philosophy'.

Nobody has any discretion income to spend right now.
That's not entirely true...

A number of people retired early, or retired on time, due to being laid off in 2020

Then a number of people who could not retire, either quit or were laid off.

That was kind of mitigated by stimulus payments and UI bene extensions and some people worked from home.

Then the stimulus and UI benes stopped. Then the tech layoffs. The stock market is volatile and retired people like me may be in the red compared to the stock market high (I am down about 15%). But right now the unemployment rate is stable and kind of low, although some people are hurting, many people have cut back on buying discretionary items.

It is an up and down kind of thing.

A number of people retired early, or retired on time, due to being laid off in 2020

Then a number of people who could not retire, either quit or were laid off.

That was kind of mitigated by stimulus payments and UI bene extensions and some people worked from home.

Then the stimulus and UI benes stopped. Then the tech layoffs. The stock market is volatile and retired people like me may be in the red compared to the stock market high (I am down about 15%). But right now the unemployment rate is stable and kind of low, although some people are hurting, many people have cut back on buying discretionary items.

It is an up and down kind of thing.
The reality is that the middle class is shrinking, and those one the upper income brackets are seeing an increase, and those in the middle/lower class are hurting.

Buyers Market soon for things? Or wait a few years?

Edit; will people start getting desperate enough to reduce prices on used goods and vehicles to cope with higher costs of everything else?
Most people when desperate for money will go where they can get money the easiest, pawn shops. Because they have no idea where to sell things it will then be Craigslist then garage sales.

When it gets its worst there will be some deals but you will never know when they will happen. Plus it's easy to get screwed on used stuff.

When they destroyed Oregon with the spotted owl, people lost their houses, cars, trucks, marriages, family, friends and some took their own lives.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top