JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once again I lived through the apocalyptic snowfall in Washington.
It was awful. I almost couldn't see the blades of grass poking out from underneath.
Shingles on the roof were covered. My dog didn't want to go out and go potty.
I am my own hero....:confused:

My nephew and his gf left here in Idahoo at 9:30 this morning and now they are stuck in Lagrande. He said I84 is closed from there to Pendleton. Texted a bit ago and said traffic is backed up all the way south to the border. Luckily they found a hotel room.

I'm guessing the lack of available snow and tree debris trucks and crews along with hilly and lightly maintained county roads on the bus routes , played a large role in this call....
Andy

Actually, we live on the tail of what got snow. When I drove to school, roads were clear and town only had a dusting. :mad: I was also reminded by the Super that although the high school can still miss days, the elementary school has used all of there "extra days" plus a few up.

Just got a call from school....No school tomorrow , due to icy roads.
Sure is nice to be able to stay up late on a school night...:D
Andy

I'm hoping.

This whole "snow day" thing sounds good. Alas, I am the one keeping the travel paths open here, and as long as I'm within in range of an Internet connection, it is difficult to escape the work life. Well, until I finally live out that daydream of that even more remote adobe abode in the desert. :s0112:

Wishing all you teachers the best, both friends and, naturally, the beloved. :s0155:

We got a couple or 3 inches in Pierce County, but it was cold for us too. 18-25. As always happens it all but brings things to a halt. People can't drive anyway and this is a hoot. Sent Wife off in the Jeep with the Snow tires on. I decided to try the new little Kia out. I will be getting a set of snow tires for it next year :) Made a thermos of coffee and headed for the Range. About a 20 to 25 min drive. Gave myself and hour. About 95% of the traffic was playing nice. 10 under on the side streets, about 25 under on I 5 and 512. They had sanded but it was snow and ice. That 5% (morons) where all over the road making life hard for the poor Cops. I got to range in about :45 even in my little new car. After shooting as I was going to get back on I 5 I see south is a parking lot. I thought I would have to go back roads. Then spotted the crash was at the interchange. So went down 16, back on South smooth sailing. Got on freeway in time to see another moron try to go 60, clipped a tractor trailer and 2 cars. Off they all go to the side of the road. Amazing to watch this. Power knocked out all over town due to lines down. So far we are good. Nice to have gas as the fireplace works if power goes out and a nice generator.
UPS was supposed to drop off another 5 K of .22 ammo. I figured it might get delayed. Damned if it was not there when I woke up for work. Wife with angry look on her face pointing to box on the floor by the door. "That is as far as that went, what the hell is in that thing?" :)

Last Edited:
We're getting another snow dump now. The schools are still open, at least the one where the better half works. Not sure what the roads look like yet.

1/2" will immobilize PDX/Vanc ..... what a joke ....... $70K 4x4's in the ditch ....

A couple of memes I created specific to my area and completely relevant...

3767692.jpg

3767681.jpg

We had about 10" of snowfall in my neighborhood. I shoveled the walkway and driveway and brushed snow off my car and started it up. This picture was taken Tuesday afternoon. My car is the silver.

B053DAB9-5E4D-41D6-8ACB-E6439CC1B4B3.jpeg

So we have snow coming down again in Everson...the streets are slick with ice.
My School in Oak Harbor is as of the moment on "Early Dismissal"...
That being stated...having a hour and a half drive to school over some hilly and tree shaded roads...I'm calling a "Snow Day" for myself.
Andy

PHOTOS: Seattle prepares for "snowpocalypse"

I went shopping to get a few extra things last night (we already had sufficient supplies). The trip was later than desired since I had a busy day at work. Several types of items (e.g. produce, milk, eggs) were simply sold out at the store.

It's an expected phenomenon I haven't seen in greater Seattle before, and a good reminder of what will happen after a major event such as an earthquake.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top