JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks, I'm hearing rumblings of an economic downturn that might hit in the next 6 months. Commercial real estate is expected to drop like an anvil with as much as a 40% default rate, which could in turn cause a number of banks to fail. Any tips and tricks on how you will weather the storm?

Hey folks, I'm hearing rumblings of an economic downturn that might hit in the next 6 months. Commercial real estate is expected to drop like an anvil with as much as a 40% default rate, which could in turn cause a number of banks to fail. Any tips and tricks on how you will weather the storm?
Eliminate debt
Have a backup income source
Save money
Have tangible assets

Eliminate debt
Save money
Have tangible assets
Only one thing to add:
Build relationships with good people.

Doesn't have to a lot. Just commit to a few good people willing to reciprocate. Keep your word. Don't leave.

Bonus: even if the S never HTF, it'll make your life better.

1684034560559.png

An addition to this

Lower monthly bills
- pay off cell phone hardware payments early
- Cut cable/entertainment costs
- prepay bills (pay insurance and other bills a year in advance).

Eliminate debt
Save money
Have tangible assets

An addition to this

Lower monthly bills
- pay off cell phone hardware payments early
- Cut cable/entertainment costs
- prepay bills (pay insurance and other bills a year in advance).

Done did all of this…. it's quite liberating, mentally, physically, and spiritually.

Added bonus, you can't be intimidated with BS threats of, "comply with this mandate or lose your job" when you're debt free and have alternative resources…. I'm like, "OK, fine" and never blinked (and never did lose my job…. ;) ).

Last Edited:
Maintain at least a year of cash or cash equivalents if it's likely that you will lose your job. Don't carry debt (other than your house).

With a mortgage, pay a 13th payment each year, and you'll cut off about five years on a 30 year note.

Don't have debt.

Way ahead of this.

Only debt I have is my mortgage.

My occupation is set.

My savings continues to grow.

Living within your means pays off. Not only financially but with less stress as well.

I'm waiting for America to crumble.

I have cut down on a number of things I don't need. Some time ago I dropped TV cable and saved $120 a month.

I only have a flip phone to use for emergencies, I pay $34 a month for it.

I use a tablet for the net and share wifi to keep cost down.

I make my own dog food and freeze it, dog is doing better than ever.

Got through an entire month without using my Citi card.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top