JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Andy, good point! You should make the rounds at the next re-enactor's Mountain Man Rendezvous and tell all those hairy guys in buckskins that they are "not historically accurate". I'd like to see that show...
:s0093:
Actually ... I have done this. :D
One of the ideas behind our traveling museum is to dispel some common "knowledge" and myths surrounding the fur trade.
It can be quite entertaining. :eek:
Andy

There is a neeto shop down the hill here that has a bunch of old pictures of Mountain men, most have short beards like Andy points out, but there are several that have really long beards as well! I think it comes from living in a harsh wind and winter environment!

There is a famous picture of Seth Kinman and he has the Mountain Man beard that every one likes.
He was a late period fur trapper working out of California and sent a chair made of elk antlers to President Lincoln in 1860.
Andy

Dang man, now I have to re-think my position of being the second most handsome dude on NWFA :(:D
What!!!!!!!!!!! I heard you were #1, im' not even in the running!
Stomper is #1....there is just no getting past that one. :mad::D

BOW YOUR HEADS!!!o_O

IMG_3695.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads