JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DSC05993 - Version 2.jpg
Well I guess I have "baby Beard" compared to some of you guys ...:D
Huh! after seeing the pic ... My grey / white beard is kinda hard to see ...
Andy

I started mine in the mid 70's. I used to shave it off once in a while until '80. Met my wife in '82 and she married me without knowing what I looked like without one except in pictures. In about 1990 I shaved it off when my kids were 3 & 4. I came out of the bathroom afterwards and my kids immediately started crying and carrying on. They were afraid of me. I immediately started growing it back and haven't shaved it off since. My wife and kids have only seen me once without it and my 2 grandkids never.
I shave about 1/4 of it on my cheeks and neck to make it neater, keep the main part trimmed with electric shears and use scissors to trim my mustache.

We went the same route, my kids ran from me like I was the boogy man when I shaved mine too for the first time since NG after active duty in the early 80's.....
Just trimmed my Duck Comander since steelheading sucked so bad & decided not to duck hunt.:( But man, I salvaged an awesome handle bar mustache and a chin full o OMG!!!!! Yeah, I cut all that OMG off, the wife asked if I was going for the General Custer look......o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
20170123_171924.jpg

Last Edited:
View attachment 335224
Well I guess I have "baby Beard" compared to some of you guys ...:D
Huh! after seeing the pic ... My grey / white beard is kinda hard to see ...
Andy

Very similar to mine, and it's about the same color. I can't grow a long beard - if I let it go for weeks on end it looks almost the same as when I started. So, I just trim it to keep it neat and shave below to keep "neck beard" under control and that's the best I can hope for.

I was told by someone recently that genetics determines how long a beard you can grow - some can go full duck commander/ZZ Top, while the rest of us have the clean and tight look.

Ok, so I haven't shaved since the first of the year. It started out of laziness, now I'm going to see if I cannot pull off a real beard...

Here's what I've got so far:

jP0dq7u.jpg

Fx5pRef.jpg

The cheeks are thin, but the neck and underchin are growing thicker this time.

Ok, so I haven't shaved since the first of the year. It started out of laziness, now I'm going to see if I cannot pull off a real beard...

Here's what I've got so far:

View attachment 339199

View attachment 339200

The cheeks are thin, but the neck and underchin are growing thicker this time.
Don't worry they'll stop asking if you are 'trying' to grow a beard in a few months:D
At least they do with me:(

That's a respectable beard for having any native in ya:)

Maybe that's the excuse I should use - by quantum I'm 1/8th native, at least. Don't know my dad's geneology to know if there's more on his side, but my maternal grandma was 1/2 blood, my maternal grandfather was 1/2 blood. Not sure if that makes my mom 1/4 or 1/2 herself - but assuming my dad is full euro-mutt...

Anywho, it's as good of an excuse as I have as to why I've been lackluster in growing big scruffy cheeks. It does not account for why my beard gets red though. Lots of red hairs in my beard, and more gray ones popping up. o_O I'm only 35, seems early to be going gray :eek:

Full euro mutt huh?
Sounds like my kin:D
My dad was a Frenchy for sure. Big nose BLACK hair and thick beard. He'd shave again at night if there was a social engagement.
Didn't quite get those genes. Just glad I still have all my hair on my head

Maybe that's the excuse I should use - by quantum I'm 1/8th native, at least. Don't know my dad's geneology to know if there's more on his side, but my maternal grandma was 1/2 blood, my maternal grandfather was 1/2 blood. Not sure if that makes my mom 1/4 or 1/2 herself - but assuming my dad is full euro-mutt...

Anywho, it's as good of an excuse as I have as to why I've been lackluster in growing big scruffy cheeks. It does not account for why my beard gets red though. Lots of red hairs in my beard, and more gray ones popping up. o_O I'm only 35, seems early to be going gray :eek:

I know a guy that had a full head of gray hair when he was 13, so your not to young :D:D:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top