JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And scars

Oh ya!

scar_l_std_eglm_d_zpsu2dii5dy.jpg

I am unable to grow facial hair of any distinction. My hair seems to grow out to about 1/8 inch, and then slows to a less than glacial rate of growth. Besides that, it's so multicolored and strewn with splashes of grey that I look like a freakin' hobo if I let it grow even that far.

As such, I shave year 'round.

I am unable to grow facial hair of any distinction. My hair seems to grow out to about 1/8 inch, and then slows to a less than glacial rate of growth. Besides that, it's so multicolored and strewn with splashes of grey that I look like a freakin' hobo if I let it grow even that far.

As such, I shave year 'round.

Met a real nice fellow at a range one day and it took me a long time to realize that this guy had non pigmented facial hair in places. He had a full on beard but it looked like a goatee - oddest thing ever.

I hated facial hair up into my 20's - now that the wife says she likes it now (better then 5 o'clock shadow) I get a free pass to go for it, I just try to keep it above redneck and below hillbilly.

I grow then shave.

One thing that's been on my mind is. I see a lot of dudes that are black, or somewhat like black, growing beards that are a striking image of the Middle East terrioist look.

And I feel like there trying to play games.
Take notice, and you'll see what I mean.

Many in PRO sports are doing it. And I don't like it. At all...

I attemped a full beard last month - didn't shave the cheeks for 2 weeks - discovered that I have...splotches...of cheek that seem to have no hair growth. It did not look good. So I shaved the cheeks and went back to my normal goat. I wear a goatee until my face gets too itchy. Then I baby face it for a week and re grow the beard. And my plan for when male pattern baldness kicks in IS "shave head, grow a goatee" only I've got a jump on the "grow a goatee" part. And once in a while I shave my head just for fun, or to let the scalp breath.

I grow then shave.

One thing that's been on my mind is. I see a lot of dudes that are black, or somewhat like black, growing beards that are a striking image of the Middle East terrioist look.

And I feel like there trying to play games.
Take notice, and you'll see what I mean.

Many in PRO sports are doing it. And I don't like it. At all...

Kinda hard to have curly hair and not have your beard lookin like your in Al Kaid Ah...

Have had a mustache since graduating highschool. Grew a beard in 1974 because my wife wondered how it would look on me. She liked it. Shaved it off on an impulse in 1986. The kids cried and my wife said 'now I remember why I thought you'd look good with a beard. Tried the Santa look once. Use the large attachment on a trimmer every 3-4 weeks to keep it roughly the same length. Scissors to trim around the mouth and ears.
last pic w dad.jpg
Last visit with my dad before he died in December.

I started mine in the mid 70's. I used to shave it off once in a while until '80. Met my wife in '82 and she married me without knowing what I looked like without one except in pictures. In about 1990 I shaved it off when my kids were 3 & 4. I came out of the bathroom afterwards and my kids immediately started crying and carrying on. They were afraid of me. I immediately started growing it back and haven't shaved it off since. My wife and kids have only seen me once without it and my 2 grandkids never.
I shave about 1/4 of it on my cheeks and neck to make it neater, keep the main part trimmed with electric shears and use scissors to trim my mustache.

Last Edited:
I haven't had one in 30+ years but decided to let it grow this last week. I keep getting asked, "are you growing a beard"? :rolleyes:
No I just decided to quit shaving. "Oh OK", (confused look).

Still at the I should be drinking something outtta a brown paper bag stage.

amateurs I been wearing a beard since early 1975 when in High school as a Jr. I decided wasting time shaving was silly.

If it takes min to shave and you shave once a day for 60 years you will have wasted approx 75 days of your life standing in front of a mirror with a blade to your throat.

A forty year long study by the Canadian Gov Health service determined that if you eat right and exercise regularly you will add approx 90 high quality days to your life. I stopped shaving and made almost that without any effort. And half of them came before 50 while all the other come after your almost dead.

I trim up my beard about 3 times a year

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top