JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was damn smart of him to make her sign an NDA. Will be interesting to see if she really did run her mouth and if so, how much it ends up costing her.
She just could not resist the temptation to tell someone - even though it will probably cost her some $$$$$$.

If I won mega $, I would only tell my daughter and her husband, after they swore to silence. I could trust them not to tell anybody else, and they would know anyway since I would give them enough that they would have no debt and not have to work anymore. Beyond that, I would probably not tell anybody - certainly not my ex and not any prospective GFs (I learned decades ago not to trust them with $, even when I was poor).

She just could not resist the temptation to tell someone - even though it will probably cost her some $$$$$$.

If I won mega $, I would only tell my daughter and her husband, after they swore to silence. I could trust them not to tell anybody else, and they would know anyway since I would give them enough that they would have no debt and not have to work anymore. Beyond that, I would probably not tell anybody - certainly not my ex and not any prospective GFs (I learned decades ago not to trust them with $, even when I was poor).
If I ever hit no way in hell would I tell my family. Kids would of course know and they would be told. Keep your yap shut or don't plan to spend any of it. :s0140:

If I ever hit no way in hell would I tell my family. Kids would of course know and they would be told. Keep your yap shut or don't plan to spend any of it. :s0140:
My daughter is wise enough to know to keep quiet and not tell anybody - she is very private to start with, and is very estranged from her mother (my ex-wife - who would immediately start demanding $). I wouldn't be concerned about my brothers, but I think it would just be best to keep the info to myself.

I would be inclined to anonymously provide something for my ex and a few other people, but only if they had no way to connect it back to me.

Sorry, but the news media in Oregon will tell the world who the winner is. While the Oregon Lottery allows the winner to request not to be identified, the media will file a FOIA records request and the Oregon Lottery Commission will be legally required to release identity of the winner.
Some states have laws which allow for protection of the winners identity, Oregon does not.
So, plan to go into hiding from friends, family, charitable organizations, and other beggars with sob stories. They will all be coming for your $.

Sorry, but the news media in Oregon will tell the world who the winner is. While the Oregon Lottery allows the winner to request not to be identified, the media will file a FOIA records request and the Oregon Lottery Commission will be legally required to release identity of the winner.
Some states have laws which allow for protection of the winners identity, Oregon does not.
So, plan to go into hiding from friends, family, charitable organizations, and other beggars with sob stories. They will all be coming for your $.
I would get a lawyer and setup a trust to keep it anonymous - I think I can do that in any state?

I don't think there's a current workaround/way to stay anonymous. Straight from the Oregon Lottery website:

"If I win a prize, can I stay anonymous?

Nope. There are just a handful of lotteries in the U.S. that do allow winners to remain anonymous. In Oregon, certain information about Lottery prizes is public record, including the name of the winner, amount of the prize, date of the drawing, name of the game played and city in which the winning ticket was purchased."

I don't think there's a current workaround/way to stay anonymous. Straight from the Oregon Lottery website:

"If I win a prize, can I stay anonymous?

Nope. There are just a handful of lotteries in the U.S. that do allow winners to remain anonymous. In Oregon, certain information about Lottery prizes is public record, including the name of the winner, amount of the prize, date of the drawing, name of the game played and city in which the winning ticket was purchased."

I don't worry about it since I don't gamble. However, were I to recieve a windfall of many millions, I'd hire a flat fee financial advisor and or tax accountant and that's about it.
Saying "No" is easy for me so screw going into hiding.

I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut, although I'm pretty good at saying no when it needs to be said. I'm also really good at disappointing people too so there's that going for me.

Pro Tip:

1) 95% of women can't keep their mouths shut to save their life.
2) He should have made the penalty MUCH higher...like $10M if she shoots her mouth off
3) She probably still would have shot her mouth off because...
4) 95% of women can't keep their mouths shut to save their life
5) But at least he would have made more money out of the deal

Choose wisely gentlemen...and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Pro Tip:

1) 95% of women can't keep their mouths shut to save their life.
2) He should have made the penalty MUCH higher...like $10M if she shoots her mouth off
3) She probably still would have shot her mouth off because...
4) 95% of women can't keep their mouths shut to save their life
5) But at least he would have made more money out of the deal

Choose wisely gentlemen...and may the odds be ever in your favor.
I didn't read the article. Did his wife divorce him to get the $ or something? Should have made an s corp and structured it so even if the court gave a charging order they could not get to the $. As far as relatives asking for $, setting up a foundation for giving means any giving is not at his discretion, so they can apply if they are a non profit and compete with other non profits to get any $ designated for "giving".

Did his wife divorce him to get the $ or something?
Girlfriend

Unless they live in a palimony state or they had a common law marriage - I don't think she would get anything without his explicit consent - although, maybe he already gave her some in return for the NDA.

Either way, she was stupid to open her mouth and he was smart to make her sign an NDA.

Simple......don't want to OUTED. Then, don't play.

Humm.......

1700291754960.png

Aloha, Mark

PS........Remember this guy?

And there was that time when.......

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA